1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pet peeves when flying?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by bigslope, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exiting the aircraft.

I always wondered about that, given that - strangely - the rear of the aircraft arrives at the same time as the front. Not unlike driving on the highway, you can only go as fast at the car (person) in front of you. I've considered designing an aircraft that has individual trap doors beneath the leg area in front of the seat. It could be activated by the impatient passengers and would allow them to plummet the ten or so feet to the tarmac where they could then sprint to the terminal, thus avoiding the horrendous, tortuous overhead baggage wrestling and deplaning contest that has plagued the industry for decades. 'Cause Mister Important always has somewhere to be! :kiss:

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm having several issues trying to get my pet peeves registered as emotional support peeves.

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Love Love x 3
  3. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People who rush to boarding gate with all their luggage and kids and jam up the boarding process because their zone boards last - keep your seat people!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understandable if not totally forgivable ...

Some people have not traveled or travel infrequently, so they don't really get it.

Some people have not traveled or travel infrequently, and the excitement overcomes them.

100% Assholery ...

Many people are just cheap and inconsiderate, and things like communal spaces, regulations, better perks at a higher paid price, social mores and the like don't apply to them.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I share all of the concerns posted here.

My two biggest peeves are:

If we are seated in economy (or even coach) maybe there shouldn't even be a reclining option. There just isn't any fuckin room for this.

When boarding a plane, it would be nice if the fuckin airline people would just not TALK THE TALK BUT ACTUALLY WALK THE WALK. When they talk about carry-on standards, ENFORCE IT. When they ask for certain rows to board and for the others to wait, ENFORCE IT, DAMMIT!! Make those fuckers who violate these rules go to the end of the line.

And another thing.... Oh wait. I said my two biggest peeves. Ok. I'm done. :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turbulence...because I WANT my damn drink!
    The first drink of our Vegas adventure and my wife and I have our tradition of toasting to the excitement ahead. :woohoo:

• Like Like x 1
  7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey hey I weigh more than 105 (unfortunately) and it’s a backpack! Unfortunately I have to carry all insulin, 2 extra CGMs & more meds than I like. I swear it feels like it is 60 lbs though! I’d love to just travel with a small bag! I don’t even like putting it in the overhead as I worry someone will grab it in error. On some planes I can put both it & my purse under the seat. Others it won’t go so I’m forced to try to maneuver it up-I can usually get it there but normally need help getting it down.

I don’t like the people that put their carry on in the wrong place. They get on, put their carry on in the first bin they find. Then they walk to the back. So when I get on there is no spot above my head. (See my paranoia above about why I don’t want to lose track of bag). Luckily I was in the first group after comfort this trip so I didn’t encounter that. I really don’t want to have to get out of my seat and hike to back of plane because you used up the front bin space.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur with all the aforementioned posts. The one thing that annoys me is when you are sitting in a three seat section with someone else you know. The plane is filling up but nobody has sat next to you yet, you are getting your hopes up, the staff is making last announcements pre-take off and then bam, last person on the flight sits right next to you. Damn! This most often happens on our trans-Atlantic flights so 7-10 hours that could have been so much sweeter.

9. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disabled people who must be individually boarded in their wheelchairs only to be miraculously cured during the flight.

The people who try to jump 30-40 spaces in the SW line who argue that you do no have to line up in strict numeric order.

• Agree Agree x 11
  10. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People who think other people don’t have the right to recline their seat. They do it for a reason and for years we were all with the program, we all reclined our seats and were all just slightly more comfortable for it. Then all these jerks started having a problem with it and making like this thing we’ve all done forever and is purposely designed into the system is somehow an affront to them. What the hell are you doing that requires this space? Playing trumpet behind me or something?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This applies to Vegas flights only :whistle:
    The person with umpteen pieces of ‘carryon’ - the backpack, the oversized luggage, the tote bag, the computer bag, the box of food, the blazer, coat or sweater that needs to be perfectly folded and placed in the overhead which is already full so needs to rearrange everyone's stuff so his/her more important stuff is neatly and carefully (read slow as molASSES) placed on top, all the while holding up the next 60 passengers as he/she remembers the all important must have that is inside one of the stored items already in the overhead and proceeds to nonchalantly fish it out oblivious to everyone else. Eventually looks around to see which choice seat is deserving of his/her self important arse even after the FA announced it is a full flight, finally chooses a seat trying to cram the remainder of the carryon crap under the seat but doesn’t fit so the FA comes to the rescue and takes up more time placing it in another overhead.

Why should it bother me as I’m already in my seat? I have no answer, it just does. :peace:

Crying babies are a blessed presence, I can sympathize with the little one, and have become the friend of many a crying baby seated near me. :goofy: :D :p :kiss::wave:

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no idea people had a right to recline. Now it is offered as an allowance and a convenience, but I'm not seeing it in either the Magna Carta or the Bill of Rights. ;)

I try not to recline on flights of these durations, or when I do it's not all the way back and I give the person a heads up. But when you knowingly book a flight and have flown gobs of times, you kinda know it is going to happen and grousing about it, well, book behind an exit row, then

13. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some exit row seats recline

14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then choose a plane type that doesn't.

15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think out of courtesy one shouldn't recline when it's time to serve food to the passengers. Some people would rather not eat so they would recline to sleep while the poor passenger behind them is struggling to eat his/her meal.

But this issue probably is moot because airlines don't serve food on most flights nowadays.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Vegasman

Vegasman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. People who think its all about them and can't play nice in the sandbox
    2. The cheap who complain about everything trying to work a $2 comp.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bravo. I just LOVE the entitlement brats who will not roll with the flow and see every grievance, even tiny and immaterial, as a chance to extract something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

just helping out those that think sitting behind an exit row will prevent them from dealing with reclinng issues.....that isnt automatically the case

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Not many absolutes to travel, though there are likelihoods.

20. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some years ago I was in F and the guy in front of me was in full recline during meal service....he had a significant dandruff issue and movement of his head was similar to a salt shaker.....it was disgusting

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.