1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs Mardi Gras or Carnival Tower?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ranchette, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which tower has the better rooms and any suggestion what room and where?

2. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that the Carnival tower is "gone" and refurbished into the Valley tower. I've researched this enough I should know by now since I'm staying at Harrah's for the first time when I go the next time. But I might still have some of that backwards. I think the Valley tower is the former Carnival tower and the Mardi Gras tower is still there but just hasn't been recently refurbished.

10TH TRIP TO VEGAS!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dan is correct, Valley is the renovated version on Carnival and MUCH better than the Mardi Gras tower.

4. DJP

DJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Valley rooms are recently renovated, and the nicer rooms compared to the Mardi Gras rooms. One little thing that may bother some people about the Valley rooms, though - they have a sliding frosted glass bathroom door, and I don't believe it locks. It moves between the closet and the bathroom - one is always open. Not a huge deal, but if you're sharing a room and prefer to do "your business" in private, just something to be aware of.

The Mardi Gras rooms are the same size, just older furniture, and a proper door on the bathroom!

• Love Love x 1
  5. greid4

greid4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Valley Tower rooms are actually pretty nice. I was supposed to have a Mardi Gras room for my February trip, but got upgraded at check in. The only other issue with the newer rooms besides the sliding bathroom door, to me at least, is the lack of a shower door. Maybe I just shower like a wild animal, but I end up getting water all over half the bathroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much do they charge for an upgrade to the Valley rooms?

7. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Often the cost is a smile and some friendly banter.

8. vegaslisa

vegaslisa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valley rooms are much nicer..I totally agree about shower door or lack of it. Plus no towel bars outside the half open section. Hopefully no one is trying to get into the safe when you slide open the bathroom door. We do like Harrahs and have stayed here for many years. Hope you are able to upgrade and have fun trip!

9. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the valley rooms have a coffee maker?

10. greid4

greid4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there is a coffee maker. They were stingy on the regular coffee last time, but kept leaving tons of decaf. I wonder if they were trying to hint at something.

11. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed in the Mardi Gras room last week and found it interesting that the sliding glass door actually fully opened. It was room 914 and was a surprisingly nice room. Nice view of the volcano show too.

No doubt the Valley rooms are nicer however.
    B92C286F-C258-412D-9E5F-135309647CD5.jpeg 2AE4BB20-DC25-44B9-9A10-CA60CB8453DC.jpeg

12. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just left Harrah's in a Valley Tower room on 27th floor facing the High Roller. King size bed was really comfortable. Closets were on either sides of the bed. Only three drawers period. They were in the "dresser" but none in the night stands. The bathroom door in my room was the sliding "barn style" solid door, not a frosted glass one. The half shower door didn't really bother me but there is nothing but a hook around the corner from the shower for a towel. Overall, nice room for Harrah's for sure and the hallways and elevator lobby was nice too. Have a good trip.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reminds me of first time I stayed with my mother in one of those rooms. She complained that there was water on the floor.

When she took a shower the next day, she said "Now I see why there was water all over."

• Like Like x 1
  14. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the bathrooms in the mardi gras towers have a walk in shower or a bath tub shower combo?

15. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tub/shower combo.

16. DJP

DJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just don't understand that shower design. I've seen the same thing at other hotels, including some Marriott properties. It's virtually impossible to not get a significant amount of water on the floor. And if you happen to be on a romantic getaway and want to shower with a friend, good luck not completely flooding the floor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do either of those room types offer a refrigerator? Do any of the rooms at Harrah's have refrigerators? Are they available for an upcharge?

10TH TRIP TO VEGAS!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.