1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

AA will be cancelling 111 flights a day and SW will also be cancelling

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Airlines will be cancelling 111 flights a day thru August 19, SW will be cancelling flights thru August 4. This is because of the Max 800's.

2. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AA averages 6700 flights a day. 1.7 percent

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe me, when that 1.7% affects YOU, it sucks.
    However, I am glad the Max 8s have been grounded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious about the 6700 flights is that worldwide ? If so, than I would be interested in domestic flights only.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all the cancel stuff is already on the books - or off the books I should say.

That AA number must include INTL.
    SWest is the largest domestic carrier with 4,000 flights a day.

6. DiamondD

DiamondD High Roller in Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA has made a statement that they adjusted all their flights through August to account for the downed airlines. That was premature. I think it was more political marketing than reality because they were still adjusting flights after the statement. I received an email less than 48 hours ago that my June Vegas outbound flight was re-booked. My entire flight vanished as did the same flight for every day in June. :(

Another Excursion
    Why Not?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. pittsburghnate

pittsburghnate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, not too happy about my outbound rebooking I just received either. Nonstop, shortly over 4 hour flight turned into 8 hr 2 stop flight. Was able to change it to a more favorable one but no other nonstops available for that day or the next two.

8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWest is being very easy to change flights. Find the one you WANT, and switch to that one.

9. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, they have been accommodating, but the problem is they have eliminated so many flights. the pickins are very slim in certain smaller and middle markets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this earlier and it honestly surprised me. I figured they had enough planes that by now they would have replaced them with other models. Guess not.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
  11. pittsburghnate

pittsburghnate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they definitely accommodated me, I even got a points credit back for the flight I picked. My only issue now is I fly with southwest specifically because they are 1 out of 2 carriers that offer nonstop flights to and from my city. Now there are no longer any nonstops back unless I cut my trip short by 2 days or extend it 5. I hate switching planes, I want to get from point A to B as quick as possible and the other carrier has awful flight times. Hopefully they can get the issue fixed and resume normal service.

12. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, for the less intelligent among us (me), my flight is Sunday on SW and I haven't been told it't cancelled/changed. I just checked and they are in fact still booking for that flight (though previously it was listed as sold out, hmm) so I should sleep easy knowing it's still going? Should I call to be sure?

13. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same boat as you, I'm assuming that were ok if nothing has been relayed.

14. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW contacted me to tell me they had to change my outbound and return flight for my upcoming Vegas trip. They said I was able to make a one time change, which I did, and I was able to hop on much better flights than my original booking. Very happy SW did the right thing

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A phone call would be a waste of time. They would just tell you the same thing you can see - the flight is scheduled to operate as planned.

In reality - I think they have pretty much cleared up their issues for now. If you show a flight that you can still book, you are 99.99999% sure all is fine. Not counting weather of course.

That "sold out" you saw before may be been a pre-emptive move on their part as they knew they had to move people from another flight to yours. Once they were done with all that, they may have opened it back up for booking. No way would they still be selling tickets if they though they were going to cancel a flight.

You are totally fine.

16. fabriano

fabriano Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nostress is correct. You're fine. The original flight I purchased from LV--PIT was also "sold out." I didn't do anything. Eventually, it was on again. Flew the flight this past Saturday.

17. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously I have no earthly idea what your dates/times/cities etc. are, but sometimes there are flights that just stop without switching planes. Any of those available? I agree, I HATE not flying nonstop!

18. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't keep a bunch of spares around, these things are rather expensive.

19. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Sunday? I'd assume it's going forward. They had already adjusted the short-term schedules.

I wouldn't sweat it being sold out before vs now...people cancel/change flights regularly. SW has no cancelation fees.

20. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no way of knowing your guys situations for sure but my guess is the sold out to not sold out may be SW switching out a Max8 to a regular 737-800.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.