1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar Car Website

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VegasGroove, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has been beta-testing their new site for months. I see they have rolled out the new site officially and that's grand. Except I can't find the "City Specials" any longer. Those specials would knock off $10, 15, 20 bucks for my Vegas rentals.

Am I missing it or have they done away with it altogether? Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I see they have an unnamed car called the "manager's special" but you're right, no more city special.

3. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked and the city special button was there and once I clicked on it the discounts appeared along with the manager's special. I am renting next week and for the first time in a while the rates have not gone down but instead increased from my earlier reservation.

4. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    City specials there for me also, but very expensive

5. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The City and Manager's specials are there, but the price is not very special.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I did see the City Specials on my laptop at home. But here at work, they don't populate to the website.

7. annie46

annie46 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been checking fares for weeks. They are not going down. Arriving April 28 , so need to make a decision soon ! I agree, the price is not very "special"

8. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Hotwire. Sometimes I need to go that route. Some you need to pay now and sometimes you pay later.

9. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The manager specials were there didn’t see any city specials. Crazy low rates for the dates I was looking at. So I booked a premium 3 day weekend rental for $57 all in!? ( not in Vegas) I know better than to pass on a deal because once you exit the page and come back the glitch or deal is gone.

10. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you click on SPECIALS at the top of the new website, then choose one of the links like AAA, Prepay, or Alaska Airlines, then it will take you to a page where you can put in your info on the right side of the page and delete the promo code field. You will then be on their old site and have access to the city specials.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a Dollar guy for years, then slowly but surely their pricing became Hertzified! I too used to thrive on the manager's special, but those days are gone. For my upcoming trip on Sat I started searching a couple of months ago and found nothing. Everybody was $300+ for the week on a mid size. A few weeks back I found a $260 rate at Alamo through Costco, but kept checking. A week ago I got a $180 rate mid size at Avis through Costco. Ironically I received an email offer from Avis with a 30% off special. It was the same car, same dates and after the 30% discount was only $300 for the week! I would have jumped on it but I passed!
    Just check rental companies, third parties, Costco or whatever, find a rate, book it and keep checking every few days. Not much else you can do these days.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

12. annie46

annie46 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found a better rate on Priceline. I have never used them before. May have to give them a try. I think you have to go to the counter instead of just going directly to the area where the cars are. Based on managers special. Dollar was $193 and Priceline is $168. Oh and I got this price from AutoSlash .

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.