1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans Tuesday 2 free buffets after 20 tier credits earned

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jlpkap, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't/haven't seen whether this is for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, and can it be redeemed within any time frame. Suncoast does this M-F after 20 tier credits you get one Breakfast/Lunch buffet and they allow you 24 hours. Anyone with any experience with this. Thankyou

2. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

If it's the same promo they did in January, once you earn your 20 tier credits you can go to the kiosk and print your 2 free buffet ticket. Once printed, you have 24 hours to use it. It's good for any buffet - breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The question would be (for non-Boyd) players:

What is the coin-in for a TC at Boyd. Is it:

Like Silverton, 1:$1
    Like CET 1:$5
    or is it like Resorts World, 1:$25

4. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Yes it is the same promo that has been done each month. We missed February's as we weren't there on a Tuesday, but Orleans has already posted that they will be doing this each Tuesday in May so we'll be able to take advantage during the week we're there.
    $5 per tier point on slots equals 1 tier point so $100 run thru gets 2 dinner buffets. We'll be playing there anyway so a very good deal.

5. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

On slots, $5 - 1 Tier Credit. Run $100 coin in to get two buffets.

On VP, who knows how many $ run through = 1 Tier Credit. If you're playing full pay schedules, you could be there all day!

• Like Like x 1
  6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I'm afraid of.
    But can you get that 'buffet for 2' split into breakfast for one and dinner for one?

7. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Not that I’m aware of. It printed two buffets on one voucher for us in January.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slots is $5 per tier credit.

VP is $0.50 optimal theoretical loss per tier credit. So for 9/6 JoB (99.54% return/0.46% theo) it's $0.50/0.0046 = $108.70 per tier credit. Also Boyd truncates any partial tier credits earned when you leave, or even switch games on the same machine.

Earning tier really sucks for VP versus most places.

9. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    /
    So it will cost you over $2,000 coin-in to get two buffets.

You are MUCH better off going to South Point in April. Mondays - Thursdays earn 300 points (which is $300 coin-in) and you will get a breakfast or lunch buffet. Put in an additional 300 points and you get a dinner buffet on top of the breakfast/lunch buffet. This includes playing the better VP games such as NSUD, 9/6 BPX and 9/6 Jacks. And you keep the points.

Lets face it - Boyd hates VP players. So why even go there?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies to my original post. Gold Coast has the same offer for Tuesday’s and with there offer it lists the rules which are 20 or tier credits or $100 run thru and you receive 2 buffets. Can be used for up to 24 hours from time printed on kiosk voucher so don’t print till as late as possible if you want to use the next day. You can use for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Great deal for slots.

11. sscccoach

sscccoach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does cost $100 in coin through on slots, it will vary on VP. I went in March and played the nickel triple play progressives. I didn't do an exact count, but I played for around and hour and had the 20 tier points. My wife got 20 tier points as well. We used mine for the Tuesday night dinner and my wife's for a lunch buffet on Wednesday before we flew out.

12. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah SP is definitely better in terms of points and being able to earn a buffet.

But people still want to be loyal to Boyd because they have been for years. And unless ive missed other reports, offers for heavy VP players have remained ~similar. But points definitely have been reduced, and getting emerald tier will be a pain now.

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't see my complaints? lol.
    I used to get gold card at pretty much every Boyd property, plus $100-$200 daily freeplay.
    Now my offers (yes, I still get offers from Boyd!) are $10 food credit per month.

14. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have missed them, oops. Reading the April offer thread, sounds like most people are getting less. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.