1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best way to find a house for rent?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by gms5997, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAYGOW1

JAYGOW1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moving out in May....moving to Summerlin...I haven't found anywhere nicer..if you are looking to rent, just use Zillow....the property contact info is always listed ...without a realtor, you can probably negotiate a better deal, as the realtor was going to get paid something !!

• Like Like x 2
  2. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have just as good of luck renting out my rentals on Craig's list as I have had using rental realtor. If you are a good tenant you will have
    no problem. When you go to look make sure your car is clean. I judge a prospect on how they would take care of my house by how they
    treat their car. People with cars full of crap tend to be same who have dirty houses.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like our move is in motion ~ just sold the condo here so we're starting to pack up all the personal stuff we've accumulated in the last 12 years. Sold the place turnkey, so we don't have to bring a lot of big stuff! I think Summerlin is at the top of our list, but we haven't ruled out Henderson just yet. Anxious but excited! :woohoo:

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use a property management company.

They are professionals and when something breaks they fix it right away. If its a private owner you sometimes have to beg them to do simple stuff and its a hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GMS5997... If you're still looking, one of my friends who lives in Vegas is a former realtor there, and I know she's very well-connected as far as currently practicing realtors, as well as current rental vacancies that may not be on the public market. Last I checked, she was selling one of the houses which she owns, and it's possible she may be willing to rent that to you. Could be worth having a discussion with her, even to feel out which neighbourhoods might be a good fit. PM me if you'd like me to put you in touch with her.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  6. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a Condo in LV I'll sell turnkey!

TomTWI

• Like Like x 1
  7. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I think we're set for right now, but we'll keep that in mind! :)

8. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Tom ~ to tell you the truth, we're tired of condo living for the time being ~ and my hubby needs a bigger garage! Thanks for the input tho :)

9. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like all things their is good landlords and bad landlords. I always managed them myself and my tenants always told me I was much nicer to work with than management companies. Plus they want 6 - 10 percent of rent so that might make rent higher. I stop by my tenants houses much more than most management companies do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions! We flew in last week, found a place in Summerlin with the help of a realtor we spoke with earlier this year and will be moving there in about 2 weeks. So excited! :woohoo:

• Like Like x 1
  11. johnnycs1

johnnycs1 Tourist

Out of Florida for good ?
    Any regrets leaving Florida ?
    I was happy to leave Miami where I worked for a major airline. Did not care for Miami.
    But went over often to the Gulf Coast , mostly Marco.Enjoyed the west coast .
    Was happy to get back to Albuquerque , and not leaving again ! lol
    I tried Vegas , years ago..........yep missed Albuquerque and left Vegas !! lol again !
    Best Wishes on your move !!

12. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No regrets leaving Florida (aside from friends) ~ tired of humidity, hurricanes, red tide, and traffic during season (it quadruples in our area!) We've been talking about moving west for 10+ years, but were taking care of moms. Now's our chance to experience what the Vegas valley offers! Thanks for the best wishes. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.