1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you plan your way around the strip or wing it?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Rusty GCS, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wing it, except planning an afternoon/evening Downtown.

The only thing I plan is where to eat and that is more of a list of 5-7 places that are new and I want to try but never hit all of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last trip I took with my wife we arrived on a Sunday and left on Thursday afternoon and didn't skip a meal time. We still left town with about a dozen restaurants that we would have liked to try or try again.

3. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just kind of end up where we end up. That may be based on food, a show, if we just got tired, or if we're suddenly like oh hey we haven't been xyz in a while let's go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wing it, unless I have reservations for a show or if I have another reason to visit a certain property like to try a new restaurant or perhaps to check out the various shops, etc.

5. Tonyfromjersey

Tonyfromjersey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan every minute meticulously. Then when I arrive, months of planning completely collapses. I then fallback to plan B. Which is wander around hitting some key places and just having fun.

• Like Like x 3
  6. westexrancher

westexrancher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play poker, craps and baccarat, the wife plays slots. We usually have brunch then go our separate ways till dinner. Zero planning and we love it that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems odd that you would "just show up" as your plan but have a countdown timer practically six months in advance! You like the planning of the trip in the sense of getting there but....! Alright, I guess I have to respect your semi-spontaneous nature.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. martinr

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My planning breaks down into AM and PM firstly. Then, geographically so I'm not criss-crossing the area since I'm either Lyfting or walking shorter distances. Then, I try to mix CET with MLife properties more heavily but always go to Venetian. About every other trip I'll go downtown. I do try to hit a property each trip that I've never been to, but that's getting harder. Probably going to shoot for either Hard Rock or SLS this trip. Meals are mostly using CET RCs or MLife points unless there is a special place I've heard about that I really feel like trying. It's hard to actually "pay" for a meal in Vegas (unless it's after a big win)!

9. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This likely doesn’t come as a surprise, but my trips in general are very planned... including my movement around the strip.

Here’s part of my spreadsheet from my December trip...

[​IMG]

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somewhat winged it on the last trip. But will plan more for next :peace:

11. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I am solo, I tend to plan out my meals and wing it between them. That tilts me towards winging in pre-determined areas. I don't do a lot of wondering when I am solo. When I have gone in groups, I tend to wander more and thus more truly wing it. With groups I like setting up a meal or show or shopping trip as a group at a designated time and then everyone off to do their own thing until then. When we went as a family, that meant the wife and I wondered and did our thing while my brother and parents each went their own ways. In groups of friends or business associates, it tends to start like it will be more formal and then ends up winging it more than I would if left to run the show myself.

12. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the "plan your way around the strip' is - in my interpretation - different than the level of planning (minimal) that it takes to get to Vegas. This particular trip is designed so that the first day Cindy goes downstairs in Vegas, is the first day that teachers report to their classrooms for the new school year. What better way to kick off retirement from teaching than to be at the opposite end of the enjoyment spectrum. So, other than getting to Vegas, no...there is no on the strip planning akin do this, do that and do the other. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. martinr

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great plan! I might have chosen to go to school and stand across the street as the bell sounded with a big grin on my face!

14. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I no longer feel compelled to roam the strip on every trip, having done it several times over. Nowadays I'll plan the odd activity here or there, which impacts my movements accordingly, but we tend to keep things loose and see what happens. In fact, now that I've graduated to nicer rooms, there are trips where I don't even leave the property we're staying at.

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
  15. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will schedule a few things such as a pool day or show tickets. But everything else we just do whatever we feel like that day.

16. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I did this to myself the first thing on the list would be 'cancel trip trip before I have to do this'.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bretmc

bretmc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally for our night we wing it depending on where were staying. Then the next couple days we cover the rest of the strip. Day 4 and 5 are true winging it cause depending on food and gambling at that point lol.

18. bretmc

bretmc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yeah way to much shit going on and would make a a crappy trip for me. I learned after the first 2 trips to have a couple things planned and if you miss it go to plan B which would be wing it for lunch or dinner or gambling or whatever. My motto is have loose plans for a couple things each day and if it doesn't happen keep doing what your having fun with and have no worries. Go Vegas!

19. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually catch an Uber at the airport and go directly downtown. That is how we get around the strip.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. CassieInVa

CassieInVa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a spreadsheet expert, but this is awesome. Is there a name for this form? Can I get a blank spreadsheet like this online? Ive got a handwritten manual version and would love to automate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.