1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you have a "It seemed like a good idea at the time" moment?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Ezzy711, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diggin' the freedom, baby. Riding without a helmet...the wind blowing through my hair. Nothing like it. It's California, man! Dig it! :biker:
    One drunk driver - in the middle of the day - later, and my motorcycle career abruptly ended. :(
    Seemed like a great wonderful fantastic idea at the time.:nono:
    Lucky to be at the keyboard today. :beer:

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for still being around the VMB, @deansrobinson. Board wouldn't be as fun without you. So glad you made it through.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many moons ago...

I sent a letter to someone (who in the long run, never deserved it) about how much I loved him.
    Wrote a stupid poem and everything. Turned it into an even crappier song. I never sang it to him, thank GOD.:haha:
    I really don't regret feeling that I loved him at the time. Just that I put it in writing.
    Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  4. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I thought we agreed to never tell anyone about that! :nono:

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once. When asked by a 4 star General if I agreed with a stupid response to a question by him posed to my 1 star General boss. Not tactful enough and maybe not ever possible to be tactful enough.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Dee know about this?

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a complicated but satisfying relationship. :D

somelikeithot.gif

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Nothing permanent......but.......
    I have ALWAYS wanted to tell the TRUTH in some situations.....
    without giving a damn for the future !
    I can remember, in my youthful days.......doing so......

When I have ?.......
    It never helped.........." burning bridges" seems like a "cool" idea.......
    but
    as my years have passed on this planet -
    It doesn't really matter.......the A hole you say it to ?......they won't care, anyway, cos
    they are too far gone in their EGO- centric world. !
    I mean.......I have a situation at work.......being "passed over" for 3 jobs -
    I have a lawyer about to serve this guy with a letter -
    and I have an interview w/ this jerk for a 4th job .
    I want SO BADLY to go into that interview and do the whole scene from OFFICE SPACE !
    And tell this guy " you took food oughtta my kid's mouth cos you got some Hard On for me, A hole ....speak to my lawyer bitch ! "
    .......ah........it helps on sleepless nights ........but.......suppose ?....I get the job because of litigation pressure ?....and
    then a month later some incident occurs and I need the A hole ?
    So ?
    I'll save my "seemed like a good idea moment " until the VERY day I retire
    Go into the guy's office and..............and..............Burn That Bridge ! baby !

• Like Like x 2
  9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My posts in the Bad Joke of the Day thread. :faint:

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kind of feel like my whole life is an "it seemed like a good idea at the time" moment. ;) Nothing permanent though. Lots of relationships I can't explain now. So many bad decisions in the moment, but nobody died, so it's fine. There's a joke from my last Vegas trip that will now haunt me until I die, so I have to find all new friends. That kind of thing. There have been a few times I thought about getting a tattoo, but I never could decide on something I wanted on my body forever.

I love your hair! I almost got talked into doing one of those ombre color jobs last time I went in for a haircut, but I couldn't quite pull the trigger yet. I told them I need just a little bit more gray before I go for it. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got married (the first time). Worst mistake of my life. But learned from it, and married a winner a few years later. 17 years together.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had a tattoo, but came close so many times.
    moneywise, I have made more bad decisions than good ones for sure. but, thankfully, I did make a few good ones.
    if I had all of the money that I have squandered and wasted....OMG -- I could retire yesterday!
    relationships -- GHEEZ! but I am glad that I never married.
    I know my responses are vague, so here goes one kind of small incident:
    went to Florida with a friend, I was early to mid 20's and she was much older than me. we came home with the fancy brochures that you get when you PURCHASE a fuken time share!
    rule #1 you don't buy real estate with a friend.
    rule #2 you don't buy a time share period!
    this is the same lady that got us taken for a fancy vacation package, we each shelled out $100 or $200 got a fancy schmancy kit in the mail, and that was the last we heard of it.
    yes, we are still friends, but now I know, if it sounds too good to be true....

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sonya; you should go for it. I think we talked a bit about the crazy things I have been doing with my hair colour since I retired. When I was working and the position I held, I had to be conservative...oh I changed colour when working but always the "normal" shades. Now every other month I do something more daring....mauve, purple blu'ish silver. Hell.....I even did a chocolate brown a few months ago.....have never been that dark. The great thing about hair....it isn't permanent....don't like a cut, wait a few weeks. Don't like the colour...it'll fade or change it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No regrets and I still hold out hope but so far it does seem permanent....cut a friend with a severe drinking problem loose because she wasn't helping herself and after a long history, it got pretty bad and it hit the fan in Vegas on our last trip in October...her, me and two other friends. All we asked was that she acknowledge the problem and the really nasty things she was doing. Sadly, we have not heard from her since even though she knew she could go through her texts to see for herself how bad she is when drinking.

I am sad still about it because I have heard, she hasn't gotten any better....it sucks :(

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not me but on the subject of tattoos my brother-in-law comes to mind. A while back he wanted to tattoo the saying "Going Berserk" on his back in the middle of his shoulders. He went to those "discount" artists. I told him not a good idea. He didn't listen.

The tattoo ended up saying "Going Berserb".

So now every time he gets angry at something I tell him "What, are you 'Going Berserb'?" :kill:

• Funny Funny x 9
  16. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny and sad. Hopefully he can fix it but it is still a bad decision:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was pretty harsh of me to talk about my brother-in-laws tattoo without sharing my "seemed like a good idea at the time" moment.

So in all fairness I will share one of the billions of "seemed like a good idea at the moment" things I've done in my life:

I bought a bust up old rusty 1955 Willy's Jeep for $700 back in '97. Thought it was a good idea at the time. I was gonna fix it up. Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

On my first off road outing I drove it in a ditch. Had to be pulled out by a good Samaritan.

On my second off road outing I got stuck in the sand. Had to be pulled out again by a good Samaritan. A different one.

Then my transfer case broke. I gave up. I gave it away to another jeep hobbyist.

Kinda boring story but there's a shitload more but equally boring.

In Vegas I do it all the time. I'll bet the hardways and parlay it when it hits. 10 out of 10 times it seemed like it was a good idea. 9 out of 10 times it was not.:p:beer:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever somebody starts in with a "If you had three wishes..." conversation, this is always my top answer - to be able, at will, to take over my 'younger-self' in the past, knowing everything I know now.

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.