1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo pool cabanas

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by journaljim, Feb 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I (mid-50's) are taking our adult daughter and boyfriend (mid-20's) in May. We are thinking of renting a cabana. We did this a couple years ago at the Go Pool and it was a blast, but I don't remember it being $840 dollars. We can get a Beach Club cabana for $200 but being well past child-raising age and not yet grandparents, our kid tolerance is pretty low. We are looking at a Sunday morning and I keep thinking, well, how bad can it be? Worth an extra $640?

The Go Pool did have a small craps table when we last were there. Anybody have any recent experience at the Beach Club pool? Are there any gaming options? I know it's hard to predict crowds but if you were there last year, was it wall to wall?

Thanks and Cheers!
    Jim

2. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pool cabana prices are ridiculous!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $840 sounds ridiculous... though for a cabana that can fit 10 or so people, perhaps on a holiday weekend is possible IMO.

My buddy and I rented a daybed midweek (on a Thursday I think) last summer at the GO Pool Dayclub, and it was just $50 rental, and $50 per person food and beverage minimum, so $150 total plus tax and gratuity. A daybed certainly couldn't physically fit four people... but honestly, if you're hopping back and forth between the daybed, the vicinity of the daybed, and the pool itself... I think that would be a pretty manageable option for the four of you.

We had a blast, I'd highly recommend that pool personally... and yes, there are gaming options, they're in a hut next to the bar. I didn't pay too close attention, but there were lots of people playing, so I'm guessing the minimums must have been approachable.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The linq pool cabanas next door are relatively cheap and open to you. But i think it will be a party vibe, maybe not as much on a Sunday though

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the Go-Pool last July. I walked thru the Beach Club pool area a few times. It was a Thursday and both were super crowded! We rented a Day bed. It was $150 for the bed and $50 per person food/drink minimum. Coolio was playing that day which I assume is why it was more expensive than normal. But it was worth it. So fun!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last stay in a Flamingo cabana was at the upper pool (really no idea which is which) but I remember it being much cheaper in that area. There were a few kids around, but way more adults. It was in the Fall, so that may have limited the kid count as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigslope

bigslope Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I refuse to pay the mad prices for these.
    Why can't they price them more reasonably !!

8. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That can't be right. That's almost the price for a cabana at a club!
    Also, I can't imagine cabanas being more expensive than at Aria Sky Cool, they're $500-600.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's right off of their website. It is Kentucky Derby weekend but it looks like that's the Sunday price for most of May. Weekdays it drops back down to $300. Ridiculous. http://www.gopoolvegas.com/map/

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  12. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fuck paying $840 for a cabana. Look elsewhere.

13. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this during memorial day weekend or maybe during EDC? Maybe that's why it's so expensive. If so then cabanas might be expensive everywhere you go, but i did find Flamingo cabana prices to be pricier compared to other star properties on the strip. You should have free access to the linq pool next door. I would call and see what prices they have for the same time

• Like Like x 1
  14. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Turns out it is Cinco de Mayo. We are going with the Beach Club Cabana for $200. The Go Pool Cabanas are now $1180. No thanks!

But a big Thank You to everyone who replied. That's why I love this board.

15. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure about that price? Most expensive Bellagio cabana is maybe 600.00?

16. Bobandy

Bobandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also checked and those prices are correct. Flamingo has really increased their prices from last year. Pretty much every Saturday in the summer the cabana cost is $1180, and $840 on Friday and Sundays. I usually get a day bed mid week for $50 rental ($68 after processing fees), and a $50 food and beverage minimum per person using the daybed. It looks like this year a midweek daybed increased to $100 dollar rental fee and a $100 food and beverage minimum for the whole group, and no longer $50 per person.

17. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s an expensive weekend to go nowonder why

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.