1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Swoop Airlines from hamilton - opinions or comments

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by garfan, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looking at swoop airlines from hamilton to vegas, it is a lot cheaper than westjet or air canada, just wondering if anyone has flown them recently and what was it like

even with them charging for luggage and having to go to hamilton over pearson, we are considering giving them a try

just looking to see what kind of experience anyone else has had\
    tia

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have them booked out of Hamilton to Vegas in April for the first time. It actually wasn't cheaper for me than Westjet (I have a WJ Mastercard) but taking a chance because Hamilton airport is a dream vs the chaos that is Toronto's Pearson, parking is cheaper and Hamilton is closer for me. I miss those Westjet non-stop flights direct to Vegas out of Hamilton. I did take a look at their stats before booking and they are performing well on the Hamilton to Vegas route.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bre, since Westjet owns Swoop I wonder about your card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I looked, the only return flights were redeyes. The savings weren't worth it for me. SW out of BUF got expensive so we are flying out of Pearson in a couple weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at september and return flight is just over $235 (everything except luggage) per person

• Like Like x 1
  6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was gonna use them in April. I'm glad they're an option. They fly out of London now, thankfully.

• Like Like x 1
  7. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked.....completely separate:(

8. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll report on how it goes in April.....fingers crossed all is well :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to hearing how it works out for some of you. I've considered trying them but it is about the same drive whether I go to Toronto or Hamilton and the price difference for my dates wasn't that big to make the switch. Plus I had some Westjet dollars to use and also I prefer clearing customs in Toronto so when I land in Vegas I can grab my bags and go. Now if they flew from Waterloo that would be a game changer for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked it when they had their start up sales. We went nov 23-dec 7, different flight times then than what's available to book from May and onwards. Left Hamilton 10 am, got in 12:04 pm, back left las 1:25 pm, got into Hamilton 8:26 pm, both flights excellent, on time, and only half full. Cost on startup deals for 2, including 2 checked bags each way, plus seat selections both ways was $651.90 cdn, too cheap not to go. Carry on bags cost more than checked bags which makes for fast boarding. Have to walk across tarmac from terminal but no big deal. My house is only bout 10 minutes from Hamilton airport so saved hours and a couple hundred bucks not having to go to Toronto. They also had great free movie selections through the swoop app that I downloaded in the terminal, watched oceans 8 on the way there. Airport has a tim hortons with food before security, so get your food before going through, then your drink at the tim hortons once past security. There's also another restaurant with hot food past security, and a small store, with denningers salads and sandwiches already prepared. They have drinks for purchase on board, and some snacks, but no meals. It's such a fast efficient small airport, I avoid Toronto now. We also went to Tampa a few days later, Dec 12-20,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights to and from Tampa were excellent as well, flights only had about 25 people on each. I'd definitely book swoop out of Hamilton when it's available, a no hassle way to travel as soon as I leave my house.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3C79D920-339B-4037-80B4-F3FB45A066C0.jpeg 97F8FD26-0D5B-42E1-9E1B-9E968D30A48F.jpeg CCCFEF3B-B875-457C-952F-4CB4AF2E0421.jpeg onboard menu and plane

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a very frequent flyer for business purposes for about 5 years. I flew out of the hammer as much as humanly possible to avoid Pearson which is one of the worst airports in North America by a country mile. The ease of flying out of Hamilton alone is attractive enough. With that said Swoop has been getting good local press and I have several friends that have used them and for a no frills experience it has done the job. On our upcoming April trip I did a side by side of the option of flying from Pearson via WJ and Hamilton via Swoop. Pearson won out largely because I had leftover WJ dollars to use up. Otherwise it would have been Swoop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for all the comments,
    as I said the price for my dates are half as much so are probably going to give them a try

15. Emerson

Emerson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Hamilton the Ontario hub for them? I don't expect to see fuchsia planes in Windsor any time soon. We fly SWA from Detroit to LV.

16. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    E7C87A0F-EA35-4B41-A025-A6430036D381.png Yes, Hamilton has the only internation swoop flights, London airport only flies throughout Canada, here's their current route map

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. FreddyDan

FreddyDan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the thread! I wasn't aware of this company.
    It won't fly from Montreal but it gave me another cheap alternative (Montreal - Hamilton and then Hamilton - Vegas).

18. slusher

slusher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked them for an October trip based on a friend of a friend's recent good trip. Me and Mr. Slusher can deal with red eyes, and it can't be any worse than the Air Canada Rouge I recently took to Orlando with squashed seats so I'll fly by price.

19. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really hope they expand London.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lambo62

Lambo62 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've also booked in April for the first time. Hamilton is a 20 minute drive for me compared to 1 hour for YYZ. I took my dad to Vegas last year at about $575 each for the flight, this year we are going from Hamilton for the same price for both of us! Flight times aren't the greatest, but we took a red eye last year home as well. Looking forward to the short drive, and hoping for a smooth flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.