1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Diamond show to see?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by rogue, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue

rogue Tourist

Which are the best diamond show to see?

2. mhetrick

mhetrick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw two in October 2018...Miss Behave Game Show and Tenors of Rock. I enjoyed both. Miss Behave is a risque, kind of random show..but entertaining if you get into the audience interaction.

Tenors of Rock was excellent..however on my show, one of the guys was sick so it was only 4 of them. Despite missing a member, it was still an outstanding show. I'd go see that one again just for the music and performances.

3. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn & Teller or Mat Franco would top my list (have seen both). If you prefer music to Magic/Comedy - then Bronx Wanderers is very good.

4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like magic, Mat Franco is really good.

Happy birthday to me!
  5. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bronx Wanderers if you like Jersey Boys style music.

6. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I'm not joking, Wayne Newton was the bomb! I went in with little to no expectations and came out happy as a clam. Tenors of Rock is another great choice and Mac King was a fun little something. Also saw Paranormal and it was pretty entertaining.

Saw WOW in November, all I can say is I was glad it was a "freebie". I have to admit, there were some interesting acts and I certainly give credit to all performers, I could never do that!

7. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bronx Wanderers every time for me. Also love Mac King although you can get tickets for $15 for that.

8. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rankings for those shows my wife and/or I have seen (and are still currently playing):

Yes, we enjoyed and would go again:

1. Menopause The Musical
    2. Bronx Wanderers
    3. Tenors of Rock
    4. Penn and Teller

Never again(!): Wow

My wife and I have seen Menopause The Musical twice (Jan 2018 and Jan 2019) and have really enjoyed it both times (yes, I loved it too). It's a mix of music and comedy; both are great!

Have seen the Bronx Wanderers (now at the Linq) four times in the last 2 years and loved them every time! As mentioned above, it's Jersey Boys style music with some more current songs thrown in here and there. The show has changed a lot over the last 2 years and it's even better now than before. I plan to see them again next week when I'm in Vegas.

I have seen Tenors of Rock three times in the last 2 years, This show has gotten much better every time I've gone.

I saw Penn and Teller once and, even though I'm not a big fan of "magic acts", I enjoyed the show. The humor in it was pretty good. I was staying at the Rio and had a night to kill (after a bad day of gaming). My bad day may have influenced my opinion somewhat. But the show did help me get over my bad day.

I agree with Happygirl21 that Wow is a waste of time (and a ticket).

Also, thanks to Happygirl21's review, I now plan to see Wayne Newton (for the first time ever) next week. I was debating about it and Happygirl's review made it a MUST GO.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Love Love x 1
  9. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add me to the not wowed by WOW list. That's one to skip unless nothing else works with your schedule.

Of the current running ones, Penn and Teller would be my pick. Just don't get tickets for the seat with the phone under it, like I did.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn and Teller if they have it available.

Comedy Cellar can be fine.
    Tenors of Rock will do in a pinch.

11. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @jgxtrav1 let me just say, Wayne's voice isn't what it once was. But the show had such a fun vibe and people were genuinely enjoying themselves, plus he certainly knows how to work his audience. Have fun and let us know what you guys think!

12. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tenors & Rock (I could see them over & over)

Also: (for one time)
    Penn & Teller
    Harrahs comedy
    Bronx Wanderers
    X Rocks/X Country

The only other ones I've seen are:
    Legends in Concert (meh, OK for free...)
    Mac King (enjoyable but they will give you a coupon for a free ticket with the price of a drink; btw, avoid the crap slushie drinks)

13. rutgers

rutgers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Anthony Cools at Paris ... have to say I laughed pretty hard. He's a hypnotist and so long as you're not the one he's hypnotizing, it's funny LOL

Mac King, Mat Franco and Penn and Teller all great

Wish they still had Million Dollar Quartet .. that was great but they did away with it.

14. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Is Mat Franco no longer on the list? That's an exceptional show!

15. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes Mat Franco is still on the last (I just saw the show in mid February). I loved it, very high energy show. I didn't like Penn and Teller though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bobby in CO

Bobby in CO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unconfirmed, but Mat Franco might not be on the list anymore. It was crossed out when I was just there last week and they mentioned I could buy tickets starting in March. I'm not sure if that meant all the freebies were gone or if it was moving off the list. Great show, though!

17. Bobby in CO

Bobby in CO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did just see Xavier Mortimer's Magical Dream. It was pretty entertaining - still needs a little polish on some of the tricks but I enjoyed it.

18. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Matt Franco is still on the list (I just picked up the new one today). However, I tried to see it last month and was told all diamond tickets for February were gone by February 3rd. It's probably the toughest show to get on the list. Also new this month is The Greatest Piano Men at The Flamingo.

19. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just used our Diamond pass for March yesterday to get Mat Franco tickets for later this month. Thanks to those on this board - in another thread - who pointed out that the Mat Franco tickets were limited and difficult to get. Also gave me the information on how to get them. Obviously not of general use to people though - only really works if you are in LV early in the month (we were there on the 1st) and obviously helps if you are wanting to see the show later in the month. We just happen to be going twice this month and wanted to see the show the 2nd time.

• Like Like x 2
  20. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny calling the Bronx Wanderers music Jersey Boy's music. How about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.