1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Housecat's semi-annual guys trip (M Resort, Aria, Wynn) 02/07-12 *Live-ish*

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Housecat, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hey everyone

This will be a guys trip with my two Vegas loving buddies. They got the Vegas bug from the pics I was texting them last month, so we decided to do one prior to our annual July trip. We've been going to Vegas/Reno several times a year for almost a decade, so really look forward to meeting up since we're spread out location wise now. My partners in crime are Frank the Tank, and Ostrich. Frank the Tank got his nickname from the Old School movie character. A typical Vegas night for him means drinking way too many vodka/redbulls, then going into tank mode. Ostrich got his because he handles life's daily challenges by sticking his head in the sand.

Ostrich and I were originally scheduled to fly out together Friday morning, but the weather forecast is showing snow here in Seattle. To play it safe, I cancelled my Friday flight and booked one for Thursday instead. Can't let snow delay Vegas! I let him know about my travel plan change, and asked if he wanted to reschedule as well, but he went into ostrich mode and never replied. I don't feel bad about bailing on him either. He's a chronically late guy who has 2 speeds (slow & stop), so there's a high probability he won't make the 7:45am flight anyways.

I'll be staying at the M Resort solo Thursday night. I've stayed at Red Rock several times, but it'll be a first staying at the M. Looking forward to comparing the M's room with Red Rock's, and one evening of being a slot zombie. I've grown fond of being solo in Vegas. No madness, commitments, just me vs machine. Checking out Fri morning then meeting up with the rest of the crew at Aria where we'll be Fri/Sat, before moving to Wynn for the last 2 nights. Aria is on a RFB comp + $150FP, and the Wynn is on a RFB comp.

Plan wise, hard to tell what will happen, so we gave up planning stuff. But trips we've done in the past that had zero planning turned into a bust, so I end up making a rough idea list, and we play it by ear around that. Budget wise, looking at around $400 per day, so likely we'll hang out more in the Fremont St area to stretch our budgets. Focus will be 50% on slots, 50% on non-gambling stuff.

Rough menu:
    -Hit up some breweries & pubs on strip
    -777 at MSS / $16 prime rib
    -Peppermill
    -Zipline
    -Bruxies fried chicken
    -Yardhouse at Linq
    -Strip clubs
    -Wynn & Bellagio buffets
    -NYNY roller coaster
    -Cleopatras barge, carnival court, or some lounge that plays 80's music
    -Find some chicks that like 80's music
    -Find Family Guy, Big Bang Theory, & Vegas hits. Miss those games.

There is ONE mission for this trip. That's to get one, or hopefully both of them a handpay. Of all the years of playing slots, neither have had one, and both want bragging rights of signing a W2-G. We can be playing the same machines, same denomination and bet, side by side, and I'll end up getting a handpay. Luck? Karma? I understand their frustration and both are convinced it's because I'm sitting next to them and sucking in the handpay karma. So for this trip, we have an agreement that I'll not play in their vicinity. Instead I'll cheer them on from a distance. I'm hoping not to turn into a slot zombie and make repeated trips to the machine that always pays, the ATM. But who am I kidding, it's inevitable that will happen.

2nd trip report, and first live attempt, so bear with me. Wish us luck!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be following. Have a great time.

3. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy! Looking forward to the rest of your TR.

4. gailtherese

gailtherese Upper Middle Class ?!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip! I will be following as well!

5. imjbs

imjbs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun! Look forward to seeing what kind of shenanigans you guys get in to!

6. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip, looking forward to following along.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  7. Horseplayer1

Horseplayer1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a good trip. Yep, you’re right-snow in the forecast for a few days here. Goofy winter.

8. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip!

9. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made it to airport. FYI if anyone is flying out today, zero parking. They are handing out directions to off lot places when you drive up to the garage. I totally lucked out and found a spot. Hope luck continues on the slots lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_8589.JPG IMG_8588.JPG Nice flight. Forget which volcano this was

• Like Like x 4
  11. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_8596.JPG Got a sweet unexpected upgrade from Avis. Rented a $32 full size regular car, and instead got a brand new Passat...with 6 miles on it!

• Like Like x 2
  13. JohnnyVomit

JohnnyVomit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you soon in less than 24 hours! Action Time! We'll be pounding beers at this time tomorrow!!! Cmon W2-G!!!

14. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_8605.JPG IMG_8604.JPG IMG_8600.JPG

I like the rooms here better than red rock. Proportionally more even. Red Rock's bathroom which is really nice, is almost too big for my taste. Cuts into the bedroom area. M is more 50/50 which I prefer.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  15. gailtherese

gailtherese Upper Middle Class ?!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room looks pretty sleek! Trying this place for the first time in June!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_8624.JPG IMG_8625.JPG IMG_8626.JPG IMG_8627.JPG IMG_8628.JPG IMG_8629.JPG IMG_8630.JPG

Buffet pics. Have to say the buffet at M resort had improved even more since I last visited it. I now rank it neck and neck with Wynns. Huge selection of food, all fresh and clean, plenty of station attendants. So many ethnic flavors like make it your own pho, Louisiana gumbo, pigs head in pic, fried perch and on and on...lot of diner type dishes which I like. I can also confirm they do serve prime rib on Thu dinner, even though it's advertised as only on Friday.

One weird thing. Dinner starts at 2:30pm. Isn't that kinda early for dinner?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After dinner I got killed on the slots. I blew thru my budget in one hour and yep, made the shameful walk to the ATM. Maybe it was because I didn't have a buzz going? Oddly, I do so much better when I'm buzzed. Gonna hold off on gambling till I meet up with my buddies Tmw at Aria. Hopefully my luck will turn around on the strip. Turning in for the night. Tomorrow will be a lonnnng day.

18. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_8639.JPG Crew has arrived, and so has my bankroll..lol.

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_8642.JPG IMG_8641.JPG Aria lobby. Happy Chinese New Year!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.