1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Foundation Room vs Skyfall

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Kisby, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for great view, good drink selection, nice place to relax. Maybe smoke a cigar.

Any info appreciated.

2. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, Skyfall's cocktail list seems limited. Can I get a beer?

3. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You had me at "cigar". :)

Skyfall is a better choice. Better view of the strip, more comfortable seating facing the best view, more seating area outside on the balcony. And they definitely have beer! The only drink menu they have on their website is their specialty drinks. They have plenty of other things on offer.

Foundation Room's outside area is smaller, and kind of facing northeast, it kind of has a better view of the airport than the Strip. Skyfall's view of the Strip is perfect.

Foundation Room also has somewhat high walls on their balcony, you'll only be able to see the Strip standing up. Skyfall you can get a nice full view of the Strip from their balcony couches.

Important note: cigars are only allowed at Skyfall now after 10PM, on the balcony only (as always). Something they changed recently. So schedule accordingly. Foundation Room might also have the same restriction, but it's been a few years since I've gone there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completely disagree. The foundation room has a much better view of the strip. The Delano is further back from Las Vegas Blvd.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. remmerde

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, that's a reasonable opinion. It is indeed closer to the center of the Strip. But I just want the person who asked to be aware that if the Foundation Room is a little busy, you may get stuck sitting at one of the couches on the left. And you will have absolutely no view of the Strip from those. And the last time I was at Foundation Room (Dec 2016), there was no seating up against the rail. You either stood alongside the rail to get your view, or you sat at the couches on the left with no view.

On the other hand, almost every seat on the balcony at Skyfall has a near full view of the Strip.

Foundation Room
    [​IMG]

Skyfall Lounge
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I respectfully disagree with your disagreement :D. Skyfall's view IMO is not only the best in Vegas, but one of the best I've ever had in my life, period. It's stunning. HOWEVER, Foundation's view is very good and frankly I prefer the drinks and service there. Most of the bar staff there has been there forever and are fun and personable. I also prefer the interior of the bar, it feels more intimate and exclusive.

Anyone visiting Vegas though that asks my opinion, gets Skyfall recommended for at least one drink to take in that view. It should be a mandatory Vegas to-do list item.

7. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have nothing against Skyfall; I just think the view is better. I don't think you can go wrong with either place.

8. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Can always check out the Mandarin Waldorf, although the cigar thing may nix that one.

9. remmerde

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cigars definitely not allowed there. But worth checking out on its own merits.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.