1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Buffet for dinner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by blkshirt, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thoughts on the Buffet at Aria for dinner?

So to preface this a little bit, there is a large group of us going out to Vegas in July. There are mutliple things happening for this group. 1) retirement party for a co-worker of my wife (she's a teacher) 2) 30th wedding anniversary of a co-worker of my wife 3) My wife and I will be celebrating our 40th birthdays (her's in May, mine in September).

Places we have been and our thoughts on them:

- Wicked Spoon - Best of the Best

- Bacchanal - Ate there for Sunday brunch. Good, but I'm not sure it was better than Wicked Spoon. Not a huge fan of the layout. Seafood was awesome though.

- Bellagio - Ate their twice, always liked it.

- Mandalay Bay - Thank god I had a 2 for 1 coupon through LVA or I used a MyVegas comp. It was for Breakfast and it was meh at best.

- Carvings @ Mirage - Used to REALLY love this for the value. Sadly even with the LVA 2 for 1 coupon it seems to have fallen off the last time we went. Not sure if that is still the case.

We haven't done Aria and we haven't done Wynn. We will be staying at Delano and our thought was we would spend an afternoon making our way down from MB/Delano and have dinner at Aria (probably on a Monday). Wynn to me seems too far (we may have as many as 12-20 people going to dinner together) but Aria is more center strip and not to terrible on price either.

Is it a good value like Carvings used to be, or is Carving's decent again?

TIA

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MHO

Aria - Top of the second tier buffets

My opinion of a first tier buffet: (in no particular order)

Wynn
    Bacchanal (CP)
    Wicked Spoon (Cosmopolitan)

3. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I don't think anybody, for this trip, wants to pay top tier prices (but I do appreciate the thought).

4. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As for as what you’re asking it’s all subjective to one’s personal taste. I personally love Bacchanal buffet as for carvings I think that would be the best choice from a value point of view and as for your question on Aria buffet I think it’s gone down over the years the options aren’t as good and cosmo or Caesars and the seating isn’t as spacious for as many of you that seem to be going

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why, on this forum (and this board in general), unless it's a cold hard fact (like Las Vegas CETs days are 7:00AM to 6:59AM) I always preference my statements with IMHO, or MHO.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SoulSonic

SoulSonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Aria and Bellagio are on par.
    With the biggest difference being that Aria has Indian food and Bellagio has the caviar bar. And I may give Bellagio a slight nod in terms of dessert selection.

I ate at the Aria buffet couple of weeks ago on a weekday night. The cost was $42 including tax.

7. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For just you ?

8. SoulSonic

SoulSonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes $42 just for me

9. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I guess that’s about right breakfast is around 23 a pice ??

10. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Caviar bar is an extra fee right? Was it worth it? I love caviar but not sure what kind of caviar is available on it. I’m sure it’s not the premium sturgeon stuff but is there a decent variety?

11. Lucky7

Lucky7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion I think that Wynn and Bacchanal are the top 2 buffets. Wynn was running a promotion last year for new player card members. If you earned something like 700 points you got 2 free buffets and if you earned 1200 you got an additional 2 so a total of 4. I don't remember the exact number of points but it was pretty attainable without blowing a ton of money. We ended up doing the buffet for brunch and later on that night for dinner. On the dinner menu they offered the Tom a hank steak in the carving station which was pretty awesome. (not sure if it was just on Sunday or everyday) Either way its something to think about if you are going to be playing. You cant really go wrong with either one but its all a personal choice.

12. SoulSonic

SoulSonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was not a extra fee a year ago. I don’t know if they charge a fee now. I believe there offer multiple varieties but there was only one when I visited. I don’t know if it was premium stuff but I did not go back for seconds.

13. grockford

grockford Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed the Aria dinner buffet for my trip a few months ago. Wide variety of items. Had some selections that you don’t see at alot of buffets like shrimp and grits. Very nice carving station amd seafood choices. We used a myvegas 2 for 1 deal. For the price, I enjoyed it more than Bacchanal but that was also a very good buffet. I thought Aria was better than Bellagio. IMHO, Mandalay buffet is not even close to level of Aria buffet. Have not tried Mirage buffet in years. For what it’s worth, I also like the seating area for Aria buffet and the way they set up the stations.

14. tess444

tess444 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find MGM properties as a whole are a let down for buffets. Always an 'extra' to pay for, either it's a holiday brunch weekend bump to prices or whatever, they get the extra grab that I don't see at CP or Cosmo.

I would absolutely do Wicked Spoon over Aria for the extra few bucks.

If you're mobile, head to GVR or Red Rock. Same quality as Bellagio or Aria for half the price.

Cheers

15. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree that Red Rock is the same quality as Bellagio or Aria. We visited all 3 buffets on our last trip, and while Red Rock was definitely the best value, I would say that both Aria and Bellagio were better in quality than Red Rock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t know aria to me isn’t that great the selection isn’t there and the options leave me want more. As for Bellagio I’ve found to be drop hrd in the past couple years at least imo. I still find them all to be good just not great anymore. Caesars will always be top in my book with wicked spoon a distant second

17. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think Aria is trying to offer an immense selection. It seemed like they were trying to go for quality over selection, and I thought they were successful.

18. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see others hit the point I was going to make. Wasn't too pleased with the selection at Aria. Quality was good. Personally I'd rather have Aliante's buffet when you factor in price (and parking what a ripoff) even with a BOGO from myvegas.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.