1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Exotic Nickel Games in LV

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by DrawFive, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrawFive

DrawFive Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi all, long time lurker, first time registrant and poster

Got a trip lined up and will be priced off the strip for the first time ever (happens to coincide w the first weekend of March Madness)

I had had diamond status w/ CET but that’s gone as well so I had usually stuck to the cromwell for the FP single line quarter machines and sucked it up regarding the crummy pay tables otherwise on multi line nickel games

Now that I’ll be off the strip anyway, what’s my best bet for a full array of decent pay exotics (UX/spin/DSTP at least, split card/flip and play/UX spin would be a bonus) at the nickel level? Booked at Sam’s right now but fairly sure I can get the same or better deal downtown if it’s worth switching to be in a different part of town (will have a car so anything on boulder already is great too)

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have you tried looking at vpfree2?

Without looking, I think you may find what you're looking for at South Point. I dunno at nickels vs at quarters though

3. DrawFive

DrawFive Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi The Rumor,

I’ve taken a gander at vpfree2 and it seems that what’s listed is either the standard single or multi line games for nickels or exotics at a quarter+

I’ve looked at VideoPoker.com.com as well so I have an idea of where some of the games I’d like to try out are located, but no idea on stakes or paytables

Hoped I could get some on the ground info from someone here since I’ve never really strayed too far off the strip :)

4. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sam's Town has quick quads on nickels, always a favorite of mine. They do have a lot of different nickel machines but I don't know about split card.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately even off strip places tend to not offer very good gimmick paytables, so VPFree2 data is limited.

Sam's Town offered 8/5 Bonus Deluxe Extra Draw Frenzy for as cheap as pennies on All Star IIs in Spring 2017.

A few years ago, DSTP was 7/5 Bonus at nickels at South Point.

I would also recommend looking at MSS 5 play nickel Bonus DSTP on their All Star II games.

Cosmo has 8/5 Bonus Deluxe w/STP for as cheap as dimes at bars, and nickels on the All Star II unit to the left of Clique. 6/5 Bonus UX as well. BeeeJay row 802 at Aria offers 8/5 Bonus Deluxe for nickels/dimes. CET offers 8/5 DDB UX spin poker for as little as 2c.

Gold Coast has 6/5 Bonus UX for as cheap as 2c. 7/5 Bonus Hot Roll for nickels.

Orleans has two uprights with 9/6 DDB w/STP next to the Alligator bar for as cheap as dimes.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. DrawFive

DrawFive Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks tringlomane!

7. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best nickel play we've found is 8/5 Bonus Poker STP 3/5/10 hand at the Fremont downtown. There are four upright machines in a row near the food court. The machines have other games as well, but the pay tables aren't as good. There are plenty of nickel options downtown for STP and Ultimate X, though pay tables vary.

8. sscccoach

sscccoach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look at the All Star games at Sam's Town. They have a broad collection of some of the games that you are looking for. I know for sure they had Ultimate X, and Extra Draw Frenzy. Some seperate machines have quick quads. Suncoast has all of those other offerings such as split card, wheel deluxe, magic card, dream card, ect.

9. Yokel

Yokel Player

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These 5c BP on the STP at the Fremont are only 6/5. I looked today to be sure. The 25c and 50c are still 8/5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.