1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Diamond Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mikel123, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a "back door" into TR Diamond through multiple status matches. I haven't yet requested the final match to Diamond because I read somewhere that the celebration dinner resets in February - can anyone confirm this? I won't be in Vegas until mid-February, so if that's the case, does it make sense to wait until after February 1st to do that final match to TR Diamond? Thanks.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in general, yes. I would wait either way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RushAndRoulette

RushAndRoulette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Points reset on Jan 1 but the card expiration is 1/31. That is if you get diamond or 7* (for the first time) in the last few days of the calendar year you have the next month to use the offers that are associated with this level. You build your point between 1/1-12/31....hope that helps.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. I'll wait until 2.1 to do the match.

6. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Care to share the status matches you did?

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol aren't you a 7 star?

8. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep - but I’m trying to get my girlfriend to diamond so we can get additional free show tickets

• Like Like x 1
  9. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

My guess is through Wyndham as I know another poster on here did the same "trick"

10. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Wyndham will match just about any hotel's elevated status.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  11. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you give specifics on what levels you need to do this match. I am Diamond from gambling but would also like my wife to be. We are Marriott silver but used to be gold and might get back there. My sister is also a Wyndham time-share person and she keeps telling me that they have more Wyndham points than they can use. Maybe she could take advantage of this. What are the levels at Wyndham and what does it take to match to Diamond with CET?

12. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd also be interested in hearing about the route using a match to Wyndam - my hubby has an IHG gold elite card if that would help with anything.

13. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK - I just went to the Wyndham rewards website and quickly found the answer to my question. They have Platinum and Diamond levels to so they crossmatch at the same levels with CET. Marriott Gold matches to Wyndham Diamond and Marriott Silver matches to Wyndham Platinum. Doesn't help us with CET as my wife is already Platinum - but if we bumped up to Marriott Gold it would I guess. Problem is we are traveling to other places less than we used to so probably would take more effort to make that happen than it is worth for us. But might be helpful to others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is easy to find this on the Wyndham website. IHG Gold Elite would match to Wyndham Platinum - which would then match to CET Platinum. CET Platinum is not worth much - but that is what you can get at the current level it looks like.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you were to match diamond now, I believe you would get the status until Jan 31, 2020 regardless, no?

16. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you earned diamond from gambling now, that would be true.

If you match to diamond now, that may be true, but would depend of the terms of the specific match program.

17. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My question was more about the celebration dinner. I'm trying to be a bit vague on the tier match path here as I don't want any bots or deal sites picking it up and ruining it if/when people start doing it in mass. If anyone would like specifics as to the route I took, feel free to message me.

18. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to match Diamond from CET TO Wyndham & received the following message: Something's not right - please try again later. Possibly because I did this match a couple years ago when they first started the CET/Wyndham affiliation? They pushed it out pretty heavily via email at that time & I believe the match was good for a year. Since I wasn't staying much at Wyndham I didn't bother to try to rematch (pretty much a Marriott girl when traveling). I figured I'd try Marriott match to Wyndham, however they require you to upload a pic of your card - heck I never use the card, don't even know where it is lol!

19. offshorecca

offshorecca Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @jgates8 , That happened to me a couple of times when I did it the last 2-3 years. There seems to be issues with the tier match link/page sometimes. I'd say give it a try again. As long as you have your CET diamond, you can get matched to Wyndham again and again. I've been doing it for the last 3 years. I just match it again beginning of the new year after it expires. Give it a shot again

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards/total-rewards/status-match

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.