1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Maverick night flight - got it!!!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LindaP, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all of you who post info on the best times to get the more difficult rewards. I just picked up the free night flight from Maverick - I got it at exactly 1:45 central time today (Saturday). Good luck to everyone else trying for it. I'm so excited!!!

- Linda in TX

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liquidmist

Liquidmist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! Enjoy I’m going on one with my wife on the buy one get one offer in a couple weeks. We’ve been in one before they’re a lot of fun

3. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great! You will love it!!! My Husband and I have been twice on the bogo reward.

4. lnz

lnz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brilliant catch. I wonder if they released a few more than usual as I was able to get one last week after trying for months. Have you booked? I used the chat function on the Maverick website rather than pay international call rates. It was really quick and easy. When are you taking the flight? Mine isn't until April 3.

It's been a while
  5. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I booked it almost immediately. They were great on the phone and I had absolutely no problems. I'm taking mine in about 3 weeks. They're picking me up at 6pm at my hotel for the 7:30pm flight. Have a wonderful time. I'll try to post about it when I get back!

- Linda in TX

6. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet have a safe flight. Also good to know refresh time hasn't changed.

7. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from Vegas. The Maverick night flight was the highlight of my 3-day trip. It was AWESOME!!! I was really impressed with their organization. The picked me up at my hotel in a really nice shuttle. I was the only one so they took me right to the airport and I got on an earlier flight. The helicopter holds 7 passengers along with the pilot. They weigh you beforehand (very discreetly) and seat you according to weight distribution. I only had to wait a few minutes (had a comp glass of champagne) before getting ready to board. I got to sit in the front right next to the pilot. The seating is tight but not uncomfortable. I took my purse along with me with no problem. The helicopter is heated too. We got a quick brief on how to buckle our seatbelt/shoulder harness. We got some very comfortable noise cancelling headsets and took off to the theme from CSI NY (Baba O'Reilly by The Who) - it was perfect! 5 helicopters fly at the same time so the procedure is well coordinated and executed. You take off one behind the other. The flight was so smooth and my cheeks hurt from smiling so wide for the entire 12 minutes. We flew down one side of the strip, around the downtown area and back up the back side of the strip. I think the experience of the flight itself was more impressive than the sight of the Vegas lights, but it was all spectacular. We landed back at the airport with the same precision as take-off. The took an "official" photo individually outside the helicopter before the flight (which you can purchase - or get the MyVegas reward for the free one). After the flight, you are free to take your own photos (with the pilot if you wish). After picking up the free photo we headed back out to the shuttle to return to our respective hotels. A class operation all round! They also do flights out to the Grand Canyon so I'm absolutely going to do some research on that for the next time. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

- Linda in TX

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. lnz

lnz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds awesome. Thanks for posting the information. Do you happen to recall how much an "official" photo was if you were to purchase it?

It's been a while
  9. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they offered one mounted on a plaque for $19.99 (not real sure on that though). I'm not sure the price of just the photo was listed. The photo was nice but the one taken on my phone was just as nice.

- Linda in TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.