1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fortnite Vegas Jan 12 to 26 - Bellagio, Rio, PH, Googoo, Gaga

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Chuck2009x, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm tempted to have a couple, but if I start now, I won't make it to Matt B.'s slot pull tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. I hear you. Don't forgot to stay hydrated with lots of water so you are feeling better and not draggy from dehydration.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah BUDDY! C'mon now....
    IMG_0347.JPG

FAAAHHHCCCKKKK! :bang:

IMG_0348.JPG

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 41
    • Love Love x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :kill::kill::kill:

• Like Like x 1
  5. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck! Will follow along as usual as your trip reports are fun! Can't wait to hear what you think about Lady Gaga's show too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 hrs left to go...see you in Vegas!

• Like Like x 2
  7. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you like the rio masquerade suite. Nice layout but our last stay two years ago the rooms were getting worn and ready for an update. Had a good time though

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Chuck - when you make a CET reservation, how do you see the updated room rates so you can re-book lower?

For me, when a reservation is made, I can’t see current rates.

Thanks

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always have a hectic shcedule in Vegas. If I happen to see you, I will come over and say Hello. Don't be surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always went in and cancelled the existing reservation first. But I had to do a very strange method of booking that room in the first place.

When you're logged in, CET will (mostly) only show you rooms you can get comped. When I was not logged in, I could see that they were offering the Masquerade Suite publicly at a good price. So I called and told the guy, hey I don;t want to get it comped, I'll pay, but I can't book it online. He said he didn't see any availability (he had my TR #).

So I was just gonna book it without being logged in, but then I found a way by accident.

If you go to the website without logging in, pick the dates, go most of the way through the booking process (to the screen before it asks for credit card info), THEN log in, the website kinda freaks out and it throws up a popup that says "we have no availability for your dates, please pick one of these 3 options" Two of the options are regular rooms I can get comped, but the third option was "No, keep this room." So I clicked that.

It's still assessing me the resort fee, which I should be able to get fixed when I check in. And it doesn't show up in "My Reservations." So I don't really know what the difference is between the way I ended up booking it vs. just booking it not logged in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you repeat that please?

Looking forward to another of your funsie reports but no Cosmo antics? :cry:

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be looking for you in Matt's Video - hope you guys do as well as his last group pull.

Have a fabulous trip Chuck!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flight left late and landed a little late.

Sleepy Saturday morning at Terminal 3.

IMG_0349.JPG

Got to Bellagio about 9:45am, all of the Tower Kings were still occupied, nobody had checked out yet. So the guy couldn't even pre-check me in, I had to just come back around 11:00. So I went to the credit office to activate my LOC and then to the HL room to take a marker and get a slot voucher for $1,000.

I thought about this for a second:

IMG_0351.JPG

Nah, not really.

Had about 45 mins to kill, played this DD machine that should have been good for grinding, but was horrible. Lost $150 on $387 coin-in, jesus.

IMG_0353.JPG

Went back to the front desk right at 11:00am, a room had been vacated but had to be cleaned. So I was able to get checked in and get keys, go to the MLife desk and activate my FP ($50 not $75) and RC. Had to wait for a text when the room was ready so went back to that same machine and converted the freeplay to $30. Still horrible. Switched machines to this DD $1 denom, played at $3/spin, had a couple of $120 hits, much better, but then it trailed off.

IMG_0355.JPG

Right as I cashed out, I got the text that the room was ready.

Room is excellent, on the left corner in front.

DSCN1424.JPG

DSCN1425.JPG

DSCN1426.JPG

DSCN1427.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

DSCN1423.JPG

Went over to CVS for a few things and grabbed some lunch from Noodles. Hanging in the room watching the game.

Down $244 on $1,303 coin-in.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That room is beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Cosmo I usually pay to upgrade my comp room to a Terrace Suite, but first they wrecked the Terrace Suite in the remodel (as far as I'm concerned), and then I didn't even get an offer that covered my dates until the middle of December. It was mainly because of reason #1. So I cancelled the reservation I had made back in August.

As soon as I saw pics of the remodel, I booked Signature, and then I saw @notfromconcentrate mention that he had gotten a great rate on the Masquerade Suite, so I booked that, and ended up keeping that one. I already had the rest of the trip booked and I didn't want to change the other reservations.

So Cosmo gets left out this time while I rejigger my trips configuration. I'll still stay there on future trips, but just take a regular comp room. And I'll drop out of Gold tier at Cosmo because I got about 8,000 TCs a year from the upgrade fees. So I'll lose 1 tier-based comped night.

So my trips will end up being Cosmo-Signature-PH instead of Some Mlife property - Cosmo - PH.

Signature is so cheap - it's like $150/night for a One Bedroom Balcony that's the same size as a Cosmo Terrace Suite and still has all the functionality they tore out of the Terrace Suite at Cosmo.

The conundrum is this:

If I stay at Signature, I'm going to be playing at MGM Grand those days. But there's no comps at Signature, so all that play is kind of wasted, because the rest of my stay nights will be at Cosmo and PH. It's going to end up saving money in the long run, because I can play MGM any level I want. If anyone knows how you can get any comp $ applied against Signature stays, please let me know.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's very nice. Only bad feature is the bed doesn't face the TV, but with the footprint of the room, they couldn't have done it any other way.

Forgot to mention - I asked about a fridge and front desk lady said they're $35/night here, so I said forget it. But there was one in the room when I got there. Score! She also waived the $50 "Guaranteed Early Check-in" fee because the room wasn't in move-in condition at 11:00. She also said something about putting me in a Penthouse on the back side of the Spa Tower, but I don't know if she was joking or what.

• Like Like x 3
  17. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your trip is off to an awesome start Chuck :) Will be following along!

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scores already on the room, fridge and $50 returned!

• Like Like x 1
  19. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room looks great. I have that one booked for May

Sons 21st birthday trip
  20. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember to look out for my group next weekend and say howdy

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status: