1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Mob Story at Plaza?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Happygirl21, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just tried to look at tickets for "A Mob Story" at Plaza but it appears to be over????

Did I miss it all together?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like it. I did a quick search and nothing On it since October.

3. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the way it's looking.

This whole show was a mess. I booked tickets for my trip in July, to see A Mob Story. I actually even extended my trip just to see the premiere of this show, I was that excited. A week before the show I randomly checked it out again on the Plaza's website (probably to see the showtime or something), and the opening date had gone blank. Then a few days later I get a call from Stephanie Goodman, who is overseeing the promotion of the show, apologizing profusely that the show hasn't started on time... so they'll refund me my money and give me a comp ticket for when the show is on again.

I tried to take her up on that on my last trip, but she didn't return any of my emails or phone calls. After calling the Plaza myself they told me the show was dark during the dates I wanted. Uhh, okay. Still nothing from Stephanie, real professional.

Then I finally managed to corner her about a week ago and ask her about getting tickets for March, and she said they're still negotiating their contract with the Plaza. I have it from her in writing that she will notify me with whatever the outcome of the negotiations is. So we can only hope that she'll actually do that to provide clarity on the situation. I'll post again in this thread if I hear from her.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gone and it wasn't a friendly closing .I here the plaza is holding some property due to non payment

5. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nonpayment of what? To the best of my knowledge, Plaza’s box office collected the ticket payments. How could the show and its producers have become indebted to the Plaza?

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

they didn't pay there rent or what ever the agreement was.it was on our local news in vegas, if they sold x in tickets but owed xx in rent they would owe more than collected.

• Like Like x 1
  7. majoro

majoro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like some habits die hard

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They probably "four-walled" the production, renting the showroom, the staff, etc. from the plaza.

9. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shuttered, unfortunately. This show suffered many "bumps" along the way. It's truly a shame. I was able to see the production on the second day.

I thought it was terrific. The box office jockeys were annoying and worthless, but the show had soooo much potential. It really fit well with the Plaza's brand and coupled with an Oscar's meal - I thought a no-brainer. I am bummed at the news, but not surprised. There were rumblings and grumblings from the get-go, coupled with the fact that there were not one, but two delays in opening. I hope Jonathan Jossel is not put-off by this bit of a disaster and finds some equally intriguing entertainment to take its place.

10. mr.vegas

mr.vegas Peace sells, but who's buying?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We seen it in November on are thanksgiving trip I was not a fan but I am not a fan of this kind of production I liked the story but not the dancing but the wife loved it also we had to stop at the box office twice to get are show tickets we got there when they open in the morning and waited 20 min and no one came in to man the booth, they did not have there shit together that day but I agree with tee6395 the show had potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.