1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I Just wrote A Long Report That Got Deleted !

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Joe Strummer, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

My Trip Report

....friggin'.....D*&#% !!!!!!
    maybe some other time -
    when I have a free HALF HOUR !:vomit:

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now you know why I do all lengthy posts in Word first and then copy & paste into a message board. Frickin internet!

Good luck writing something up again--looking forward to it!

3. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here Hoya - Word first then post. It's safer & I like to save my trip reports locally anyway. Sorry about the report Joe. Hopefully we'll get to read it soon.

4. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happens to the best of us Joe... My first trip report was like that. Spent an hour typing and poof, gone... Now, word all the way...

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
  5. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Joe, that was me. I got as far as the third typo and lost patience. I hit the "delete" button while yelling "Again!"

j/k

;)

6. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

It could be worse. I recall a time or two trying to make deadline for a newspaper article and losing the damn thing. That's a rough one to explain to the editor.

7. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I logged in - wrote the whole thing - and then
    the screen said I have to LOG IN ????????
    What the _____ is that about ?
    So, I tried loogging in (AGAIN !!!! ) and POOF ! I couldn't
    get the epic novel back.
    I only have one novel in me.
    Why did I have to log in, again ?

8. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is wierd. This site doesn't time-out your login like an email or banking site. Occasionally the login thing gets goofed up, and you need to clear the cache and cookies, close browser, reopen and re-login.

9. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Al,

What would cause this: I sometimes try and use the IE Back button at the top left of the browser here and on other sites, it never goes back to the previous page, it just seems to "refresh" the current page for lack of a better explaination. To get back to a prevoius page I have looked at, I need to click the small narrow black "down arrow" beside the Back button and navigate to the past page that way. Is my IE corrupt?

I know you are not a fan of IE if I remember correct?

Ross

10. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is correct, I'm not a fan of IE, although I don't think it's necessarily to blame here.

There's a variety of ways this could happen. Some sites have a redirect page -- in other words, you go to "mysite.com/index.html", but that page has a little code that automatically moves you on to "mysite.com/page2.html". If you click "back" from page2, it hits the redirect again, and bounces you right back to page2. Or, you click on a link that just moves you farther down the page. Then "back" would just move you back to the top of the page.

Here, IMO, that usually occurs when you're going to respond to a post and you click on the "quick reply". "Back" just moves you back to where you were before you clicked "quick reply".

If you're not replying, just viewing, I haven't encountered what you're describing, at least not here.

11. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks as though this would be / should be a problem to work on over a couple of beers say at..... the Keno bar at the Plaza or else that new Irish bar / lounge at Jackie's

Or if you wanted to go more upscale, maybe somebody cold suggest a good watering hole at Wynn.

I'll met you at 5. I'm buyin' :beer:

12. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're on. :thumbsup:

Prop bet: Will Wynn or El Cortez be first to offer wifi in their lounges?

13. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of wifi's - I'll need some advice as to how to renege on my promise to mine, that I wouldn't do Vegas for awhile...she'll be giving me the hairy eyeball for sure....

Oh...oh....is that a jones??

I'd like to hopefully get an MM4 trip on my radar......maybe.....the odds.....think along the same lines as the Jets or maybe a little better, the Raiders, winning the SuperBowl...

Any advice will be kept in strict confidence....LOL

14. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to worry!

Not to worry Ross, it happens to all of us at one time or another. See you at MM4.:wave2:

15. Denny

Denny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe,

This happened to me, luckily not on a lengthy TR. I got on the T2V site with the different headlines of recent posts and clicked on one of the headlines there. Because I did not actually log into the "message board" I was not logged in when I tried to submit a post I was advised that I was not logged in.

That's probably what happened. If you are not logged in you can read the posts, but you cannot submit a reply. A suggestion on how to check that is to preview the post early. That will let you know right away if you are logged in or not.

16. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if this would work but if anyone else ever has this experience, I would click back & see if my text is still there rather than logging in. If it is, copy & paste it into Word & then log in. Then you can just copy it back to a new TR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.