1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Paying for chips

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by michael cadena, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know saving your chips can add up and help you not need to spend a single cent of myVEGAS or myKONAMI but. With hourly chip bonuses and daily spins but if you were gonna buy chips which option would you buy and why ?

For myKONAMI during Black Friday they had the a little over a billion chips for 99.99 and lately I’ve been thinking of waiting for another sale like that to not only set me up with more chips but open up how many more rewards I can have st once.

2. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I may be stating the obvious here, but MyVegas has gotten to be worse and worse, both in the in-game earning, and in the reward availability. I have about 500,000 LPs that I'm planning on draining down one room reward at a time over the next few years, and I only play blackjack on the daily bonuses as a way to entertain myself when I'm half-awake getting up in the morning, nothing else.

Having said that, the answer to your question depends heavily on why you're playing. There are two possible reasons why you'd be playing...

1. For the rewards

2. For an inexpensive gaming fix

In the case of 1, it's pretty straightforward that the more chips you have, the more LPs you'll earn - thus, it will make sense to buy the most chips you can afford. Similarly, with higher cash spend amounts, you'll qualify for having a 4/5/6 reward limit for every 30 day period. Thus, it will make sense to spend a minimum of whatever the threshold is for your desired "tier" of reward limit (I know it's about $50 for four rewards, and I've seen the other thresholds written down somewhere).

In the case of 2, it's comparably straightforward that if your objective is to continuously play, having a higher chip balance will enable you to do just that. Chip bundles are also a better deal on a chip-by-chip basis, with the more money that you spend.

I think that it would be best suited to either or both of these interests for you to purchase the maximum amount of chips that you can afford, because it satisfies all of your known or possible objectives. If that upper limit had to be put to a number, I would say that is whatever number enables you to get six rewards, as the value of purchasing chips will naturally diminish once you get to that point.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow what a great response thank you ! Like you said my main reason for playing is for the rewards but. Now that you’ve laid it out for me. I’m at 500k Lp and there may come a time where I just have so much that I can’t spend it all. Unless it’s over the course of years.

As for the second one I already have a mobile game I play and spend money on so it would defiantly be the first. Now that you’ve laid it out for me so well I see now that it wouldn’t be a bad purchase to make but. I would just need to be making it for the right reason.

4. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much of a help and Im drunk, but.... I have not played on my own acct. for over 2 years and still have 360,000 to use on my next trip. I have never bought chips and plan on using for $50+$25 freeplay and the $50 @ NYNY piano bar drinks something (we have done this the last 3 trips)

But7 knowing we are going in March 2019, I have been playing for my wife's account only. the BJ game gives the most coins if you get on a run playing ??100k per hand or so?? In just 3 months I have got her to 96,030 w/o buying anything. And still have until March to finish. :D

Sleepy Time, carry on.................. :ssst: wow, U know it.s bed time when U have to close one eye to focuse on the stupid emoticons.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's what I told someone who asked me about "why don't I see better rewards?" He's only spent like $40 over 3 years:

"IMHO, it is necessary to understand the value of the entertainment that you derive from playing myVegas games. If it’s ZERO, then that makes the value statement much easier, then it’s a pure proposition of buying the award outright vs. what you’d pay through myVegas. For example, the HGS award had an approximate value of $1600, but it cost me $1000 to get (this includes making it to level 7 and having 3M Loyalty Points). The $600 difference has value worth spending $1000 for.

What you have to determine is the cost of what you’re getting (in value) vs. the cost of purchasing it outright, or getting it for “free” through myVegas.

I understand that you don’t like gambling, and tend to be very “thrifty” when it comes to spending money. In that case, my advice to you would be “don’t try for comps at all, and just spend whatever you’re comfortable with. Yeah, I get a lot of stuff for free, but I also put up a lot at risk, but that’s my entertainment “budget”, and that’s what I enjoy."

Just my .02, having been VIP level for several years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never gave one penny to this game. Takes away from the challenge and from the point of it being a COMP. At least to me.

July 19th - July 24th
  7. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A COMP is always something you get in return for putting something at risk (win or lose) ,you just want to get things for free.

8. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I want things for free. You're 100% correct. I've been playing this game since 2013, and have put $0 into this game, but have pulled a TON of free shit. It's an added joy!

July 19th - July 24th
  9. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can’t really see the point in paying for chips, it seems to defeat the logic for me that said I have purchased about $2 worth over the last three years to see if it made a difference to anything - it didn’t

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really appreciate all the import everyone has contributed to this post. I can see now that the only reason for me to buy is for more reward slots such as a 4th and 5th reward. As well as two night stays opening up at some hotels. Such as aria and mirage and. With all that being said I think I may just do that and pay for a huge chip amount.

Ps : Does anyone know how long your 4/5 reward spot last for ? Does it end after so many days ?

11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no guarantee how long it will last. But with that said... I've gone 5 years with 4 rewards having spent less than $100 over that time.

12. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for that info and with that being said do you know. The answer to this question as well ? Do you need to spend a certain about to open up more rewards options like 2 nights at mirage/aria or even bellagio or do you need to be a certain tier

13. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently you need to spend about $50 to get the 4th reward and the regular 2 night room rewards for everywhere except for Aria and Bellagio. To get the 2 night rewards for Aria and Bellagio you need to have spent a total of about $125.

Te me it's been worth it to get the 2 night rewards as the room costs for the extra night covers the chip purchase after one stay. Anything more than that is a win. I've booked the regular 2 night room rewards 4 times already and the seasonal 2 night rewards twice when it wouldn't have mattered if I bought chips (other than having the extra rewards). Without the room rewards, I would never spend all my LP's (especially since they took away the freeplay rewards on comp stays).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  14. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am VIP level 7 and IMHO, yes, you need to spend a certain amount. What that amount is I don't really know. Once I made level 7, I've been in and out, down to level 3 at one point, but still had visibility into all rewards.

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same as this, though I'm not 7 atm.

I've not noticed any different rewards, even though I've not been VIP since last year.

16. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your input. My only other question is in the past I’ve seen myVEGAS. Put the 2 nights special for all the hotels and at that time I didn’t spend a penny. I’m wondering if they do that at the end of season ? Though I hadn’t seen them do that in some time so I believe they stopped.

As of this post I’m about to buy the 99.99 chip option on my Konami as they have a better special then myVEGAS.

17. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Patman seems pretty spot on with those numbers. I just bought a package recently that put me over $125 threshold and I see 2 night stays at Bellagio and Aria (a few weeks prior, I did not see those).

18. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past I’ve seen the two night stay options at the hotels open up before and. I didn’t spend anything at that time it has been some time before I see myVEGAS. Do that again so I’m wondering if they do that at the end of seasons or for special events.

19. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They had that this year. I think twice (once in spring and once recently). They will probably have it again next year but there is no guarantee. They had some 3 days room rewards last December which they didn't this year. The seasonal room rewards come out after the dates for the regular room comps so you have to wait longer to redeem and the days available are less than the regular 2 night room rewards (when you have bought enough). Also the LP's required to redeem even the same 2 days is higher when using the seasonal room comp vs the regular room comp.

You might get what you need by not buying chips and redeeming the seasonal room rewards but you will have to wait longer to see if they work for your schedule and use up more LP's.

20. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow really a 3 day reward ? Really I didn’t know they raised the price on lp for seasonal rewards then on regular paid for rewards. Thank you for letting me know.

As of right now they don’t even have 2019 calandra year out yet. So I think it may be even a little longer wait for that seasonal calander to come out. I’m patient but not that patient at times. I just hope they release the new year soon. As the other hotel rewards need to be used by 27 the latest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.