1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Updated MyVegas MGM Rewards FreePlay Restrictions

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Nikkid21, Aug 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Mach

David Mach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed in June 2018 at Park MGM and got one $25 free, one $50 Free play, and one $100 free play. They were all loaded on to my mlife card after redeeming at mlife desk. My room were free for all 3 nights through mlife comp. So it does not appear that the restriction is enforced. My brother in law also redeemed his under his own mlife claiming he's staying at Park MGM in my room. The Mlife host just went and added the credit to his Mlife card.

I'm going back in a week and will redeem the same amount for all three free plays from MyVegas. Will let you know if they still work. The only restriction is that in between claiming these free play, you cannot purchase more within the 90 days period.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. lubbie

lubbie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just yesterday I redeemd a 50 dollar freeplay in Aria. Staying here on a comp offer for fout nights.

• Like Like x 1
  3. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be attempted to redeem the freeplay rewards at Park MGM on a comp later this month and hoping it still works. I will report back also.

4. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at the Mirage on a comp that had free play included Nov 7-14th.
    I redeemed a $100 and a $50 reward with no problem at all.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried at NYNY on 11/25. I was booked on a 3 night comp and had freeplay on it. They only loaded the freeplay that was on the offer. I just canceled my reward when i got back home

6. DiggerGRB

DiggerGRB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to redeem free play at Aria yesterday. They would not allow me to use the reward as I had free play included in my hotel promotion. I actually tried twice ( different times of day) just to see if the answer would be the same.

7. Wabashabi

Wabashabi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We both were denied using freeplay at Aria this weekend 12/1 on a comp stay with no freeplay on the offer. They did allow us to redeem the myKonomi Freeplay so we ended up just buying more konomi freeplay for Bellagio and Park.

8. chinlover

chinlover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dec 4 It looks like myVEGAS now explicitly states that you cannot combine any myVEGAS Freeplay Rewards with any type of comp room offer (from Mlife or any of the myVEGAS games).

http://www.markslasvegas.com/

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mark is a little behind. It's been that way since August.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. RandomTask

RandomTask Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Denied Mandalay Bay 12/7. Staying on just a room comp, no free play or other crap.

11. BuckeyeOH

BuckeyeOH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sister and I both staying last week - in different rooms - at Bellagio comps with free play. We went to Players Club at different times to redeem MyVegas rewards. I redeemed MyVegas free play with no problem. She was told they no longer honor MyVegas free play when have other free play. So - redemption not only may vary from property to property but which clerk you get at Players Club.

12. telero

telero Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Mirage 12/15-17 on MyVegas 2 night comp. Added my wife to the reservation at check-in and we were both able to redeem the Mirage $25, $50, and Konami $25.

Was originally planning on trying the $20 trick to get to the Resort Tower King room, but ended up getting an e-mail offer for that room for $20/night and took it so I didn't have to worry about it. From earlier data points I was hoping mLife desk would just add the freeplays, but was going to pull the argument that I paid for the upgraded room if they had tried to deny it.

13. DanVegas

DanVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from Aria on a 3 day MLife comp, and was denied Myvegas free play for both myself and wife. The MLife attendant Rachel was extremely abrupt, very rude, and condescending in her delivery that there was no way we were going to get the myvegas freeplay rewards. We didn't go back to try again with another rep. It would be interesting to hear if it was just this horrible MLife rep Rachel, or if they are now uniformly enforcing this at Aria.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. DanVegas

DanVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to mention, we were there in early August and had no issue loading all of the myvegas freeplay onto our cards, and we had the same MLife comp room the whole time. We've been doing this for years now, and really only Mandalay Bay was aggressively enforcing this. If there is no way I'm going to be able to use the myvegas freeplay rewards in the future with my comp MLife rooms, I'll definitely stop spending money on the game as the ROI which was tenuous to start has become a losing proposition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use a freeplay reward with a comped room if you then pay for an upgraded room? I'm assuming no.

16. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As you'll see from what's on this and other forums, it's a total crapshoot. Mandalay Bay is a no on any kind of comped room, mlife or MyVegas. Reports from Luxor, Aria and Monte Carlo/Park MGM have been mixed. Mirage, Excalibur and MGM Grand have been good in my experience but that's all between one and thirteen months ago, so it's really YMMV with this rule. Seems pretty consistent that freeplay on your mlife offers makes it very unlikely you can add more (except for Konami freeplay, that's a separate animal).

17. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there this past week. I only stayed at Gold Coast, no mlife hotel, so I purchased the $25 Konami FP for both Mirage and Bellagio. I ran them both through and cashed out for a grand total of $15.07. :( Last time I tried to use the other FP when staying comped at Mandalay Bay, they said no.

18. nextyear58

nextyear58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I have the room comped thru Mlife, can my wife still get free play rewards even though she is staying in my comped room?

19. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By the letter of the law on the reward, if her name is on the comp room, no.
    Can she and you still use the reward? Sometimes.

It's still very inconsistent with mLife and whether they will follow their own rules on who gets to redeem the freeplay. My advice, be friendly and play dumb when going to the players club desk. If they let you have it, great! If not, have another reward in your pocket to use and move on.

20. nextyear58

nextyear58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the room comp thru my Mlife account. She has a separate MyVegas & Mlife account.
    Her name would not be on the room only mine.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.