1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bond Bar at Cosmo Going Away

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by wishman35, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this actually still open/"planned to shut down" or is it actually closed currently?

2. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always played vp at home with the ay caramba, my favorite drink there. If I could find a seat at night for vp with the dj it was a great bar to play at.

3. JesseJames87

JesseJames87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at cosmo a couple times but never actually went to Bond. i was hoping to try it out in December. The artice @wishman35 posted said there is no start or finish date yet (@Audible Nectar ). Hopefully this means it's still open for now? I'm looking for some places that get "batshit crazy" but aren't actual clubs like Marquee. Any suggestions from those who have been to Bond on those wild nights?

Also, what other changes are they planning for Cosmo?

4. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a huge Cosmo fan and have actually been expecting this move for a while. Bond is "nice", and when they had the dancing girls it was a spectacle, but lately (last couple years) it hasn't had that "wow" factor to me that the rest of the resort does. It never really seemed like a destination bar unlike Chandelier or Clique, you would kind of just walk right past it when coming in the main entrance. I would expect when the renovations are done it will be much more "in your face" and have some sort of concept that will make it a draw in itself.

Guaranteed they will have the bar off to one side or another to open up the floor plan, right now the bar is a barrier, not allowing people to see what or who is behind it. And people LOVE to be seen in Vegas.

5. Gchi

Gchi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You aren’t wrong in thinking this way but that’s kind of the fun of the Cosmo.
    No matter the day of the week if you plan on getting exceptionally put together you can still be amongst people of equal thinking at Cosmo.
    It gives every night the Saturday night feel. Which is a big reason so many people visit Vegas from out of state.

6. HHFan

HHFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rarely seemed to make it over to that corner in our evenings at Cosmo. I know the few occasions we did it never felt particularly popular. I’m hopeful whatever they do with it will be more enticing than Bond was for us.

As for the overall “vibe” at Cosmo, I’m puzzled by those saying it has somehow grown more exclusive or young since opening. Do you all remember just how weird the place was after opening? And how much bigger a draw Marquee was previously? In my eyes they’ve done a great job making improvements aimed at growing their gambling base, while also putting in more options that strengthens their hold on younger/more modern crowds. Remember, just because a food hall is currently on-trend shouldn’t make it any less appealing to those that wanted more quick service options at the property.

I’ll never understand why folks seem to get so upset with the market Cosmo seems to target or claim how exclusionary it is. It’s my home base for just about every trip, and I see plenty of people from all walks of life hanging out there (just like every other strip joint).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. matsui

matsui Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the bond bar. Great people watching and enjoyed the music.

8. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any word on current status? Is it closed? Construction happening?

9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. TxTeach79

TxTeach79 #VLV

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. Just got back. Can't see in at all, whole area walled off with black curtains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.