1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest flights to Hawaii this year (OCT ?)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Bernie2, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, that coupled with LAS being their base, you would think it would be a non brainer. I am also surprised that of the cities they are flying from 3 are basically in the same market, Sacramento, Oakland, and San Jose are all pretty close to each other.

2. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you mentioned that, I’ve flown SW about 10 flights since the new places came out. I got one early on and haven’t been in one in my 9 other flights.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alaska does multiple islands from even more Left Coast departure airports, including all three in the Bay Area.

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, but they fly from all those left coast cities, not only the bay area, and then San Diego. I was surprised they did not add in Seattle or Portland instead of maybe Sacramento. I am sure they know what they are doing, just seemed like a strange way to start out to me. Maybe those airports are their best for feeder routes.

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your flotation device is located under your seat.... probably need to pay attention to those parts of the flight indoctrination when this starts up.

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of people in the Central Valley and SMF is so easy to get to, that's my guess. The PNW might be a real tough market given Alaska's stranglehold.

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always felt on these long over-water flights -- and HI is nothing compared to getting to the Antipodes -- that if the sucker goes down there probably won't be enough of me left to float.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably because it's easier to set up flights from those cities since they aren't major hubs.

I think it's only a matter of time before they add LAS to their schedule but for now they have to first get fed approval to fly to/from Hawaii.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't hold your breath if you are looking for Southwest air flights to/from Hawaii. Latest word was that they are still waiting for FAA approval for SWA flying over the pacific, some maintenance issues with the FAA and they still have to negotiate with the mechanics union to work in Hawaii.

Not likely to start reservations for flights in the next month, probably not for the next 2 months or even longer IMHO.

10. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After this last trip we just got back from Maui... I won't even try to return until Southwest is running flights.....
    4 years ago it was American's last chance when we had to sit on the tarmac for 7 hours and not get let off the plane for food etc...
    This trip a week ago United's 7 hour flight got us to Maui 24 hours later than was supposed to. Delays+ beyond what you could imagine.

It has become a comical joke every time we head to Hawaii....If Southwest F's it up I'm done, I'll remember the good times but I'm not going back!!!!

Unless I win the lottery (I don't play) & can take my own plane across the ocean.

11. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad I can fly Alaska direct to four islands from multiple airports!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.