1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I was minding my own business, when...

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by duffer1991, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a quick weekend trip to Las Vegas from November 1 until November 4. I used a Frontier gift certificate, had free rooms at the Orleans and the Main Street Station, and got a pretty good deal on a rental car from the Budget location across the street from the Orleans.

As an aside, the Budget location gets slammed online for bad service, filthy cars, and other problems. But my experience was perfect. I got a clean car and relatively quick service. More on that later..

As usual, I had a good time and did my usual sniper-style craps run, ate strip steak every night, and enjoyed the crowd on Fremont Street. I was up and down but finished the trip in the black :) After a fun Saturday night, I woke at 3 a.m. Vegas time because that is 6 a.m. back home. I tried to sleep more but decided to watch tv and do some work on my laptop. Finally, I played some craps in the Main Street Station (lost $80) and walked over to the Cal on my way to Fremont Street. I played with one other gambler and ended up winning $159.

I like to walk on Fremont Street early on Sunday morning because it is very peaceful. I strolled around and decided to pop into the Golden Gate because they sent me a mailer with food credit and free play. I waited because it was 7:55 a.m. and the One club opened at 8:00 a.m.

As a solo traveller, I love to do things on my own terms. I am a social guy and talk to everyone and always make friends while I travel. So when some giant man stood in line behind me, we started to talk and soon discovered that were both craps playing degenerates.

I mentioned that he might want to join VMB because it is so full of information and fun trip reports. Then he said he is a member. So, sending a shoutout to @EastCoastVegasFan! We talked, dranks several beers, laughed and went on an early morning craps run at the D and Four Queens.

It was my first VMB encounter and was a lot of fun. So to all those members who are debating whether to meet up with other members, DO IT!

• Like Like x 29
    • Love Love x 4
  2. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I met a vmb member once on the duece, but never got her name. The only time ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful story! I love hearing about VMBers finding each other in Vegas. So far I have only stumbled on members a couple times. But it was a pleasant surprise every time.

• Like Like x 6
  4. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Small world, isn't it!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed it is a small world! I have toyed with the idea of going to a meet-up but circumstances always conspire against me.

This trip, things just worked out. I likely would have spent more time, but my girlfriend was sick from a night of drinking and needed me to bring her a bagel and some weak coffee.

All in all it was a very nice trip and I would recommend a meet up to anyone who is on the fence. EastCoastVegasFan and I are already planning to meet in Pittsburgh some day soon for more debauchery. All members of this site are more than welcome!

• Like Like x 4
  6. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is a great Vegas story and a great VMB story.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first thought when I saw the subject line:

... Mindin' my business, along comes big brother
    Says, 'Son, you better get on one side or the other' ...

• Like Like x 4
  8. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great meeting you too! So random that we met, glad we did! Super Bowl 2019!

July 19th - July 24th
  9. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @duffer1991 - Let's not forget the almost mistake of playing 2x odds at Fremont. I think we thought we were in in Four Queens, and bolted. The Pit Boss "Where the HELL are y'all going?!"

July 19th - July 24th
  10. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A wristband is all you needed to connect. I sat by a fellow member once for two hours and chatted and viewed baby pictures and ooohed and eewwwwwed over that time frame. Suddenly we both Noticed our wristbands. Hers right arm / mine left. Each facing the other. Hahaha. You’ve met almost as many as I have by accident (no pre-warning).
    Good report too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally blocked that out. I am looking to see if I can make the Super Bowl, but gf and I will be traveling in Asia for 2 weeks in January. I will see if she will give me permission to drink and shoot craps with you!

By the way, if you are going back before the end of the year, check out my new post regarding my coupon giveaway.

12. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @duffer1991 - will do. It looks like my date changed overnight, looks like end of April now.... crap.

July 19th - July 24th
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.