1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

60 hour trip - picture led trip report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Vladimir, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hello everyone,
    Preparing to leave for the airport in a few short hours for what will be my shortest ever transatlantic trip.

I found excellent fares - paying only $330 return from my local English airport. The downside is there are 2 connections, and I'll spend 18 hours traveling out (far less on the return trip), for what will be 3 nights at the Stratosphere . I was supposed to be using a week vacation to work on the house, but I wasn't passing up those prices!

Having considered my options accommodation wise, my mind was made up when I was offered 3 nights and $250 freeplay. This will be my 3rd visit in 2018, 13th in total.

There are a few things I would like to achieve this trip. I am planning to give the Cosmopolitan some play in the hope of generating some offers for a longer trip next fall. I had a goal to play a single hand of $25 video poker, which I accomplished on my February trip (hitting 3OAK, then 2 pair, then two losing hands when my ambition of playing 1 hand turned into 4 - degenerate). I've repeated this twice since, losing both times and on this occasion will strictly enforce the 1 losing hand rule (so if the first hand wins I can play another, continuing until I have a single losing hand).

This has spurned a new goal of playing a single hand of $1 100 play (so $500 a spin). I've had a few hundred goes on a simulator at home, and my lowest return for a single hand has been $130, so the plan will be to cash whatever this endeavour returns and then go to the $25 machine for the above strategy. A roughly 1 in 650000 chance of a $400000 handpay (dealt RF) but clearly any dealt hand would be fantastic, and anything at 3OAK or better would be a dream!

I've never had a handpay, but have had 2 $1000 hits, would like to get over the line this time.

Other than that, I'll mainly be playing $1 bartop VP, continuing the search for that elusive Royal. I'm also planning a good craps session after a long hiatus (did try it on the February trip but had to cash out about 10 minutes in having almost passed out at the table - too many Coronas in a 5 hour blackjack session being the cause!).

I'll be posting from my phone when I get there so my posts will be far less text heavy and the focus will be pictures (hopefully of quads).

• Like Like x 3
  2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. That is a long trip for a short stay. Good luck on getting that royal. Every day in LV is a good day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Believe it or not I'm walking on air.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love your VP goals. Don't think I'd have the stones to do it, but now you have me thinking!!!

We're Goin' Dammit
  4. RTD120218

RTD120218 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once hit 6k my 3rd spin on a $100 slot, good luck, maybe play 100 hand $1 for 5 spins?

5. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played a $25 VP machine once as a drunk stupid mistake thinking it was 25 cents. I figured it out after the first two hands, -$250. I like what you are trying though. Good luck!

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
  6. Spivderman

Spivderman Macallan 17, please!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might as well hit a quad I suppose.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! Especially on the big gamble!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking off for connection.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landed, checked in, showered after a long time in the skies and about to go downstairs to cash some freeplay!

Thanks everyone for the messages, will keep you informed as the evening progresses.

I’m in to my 24th hour awake so might start making less sense as we progress tonight...

10. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Freeplay gone after $750 coin in on dollar VP, just the one tease. [​IMG]

11. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But by 800 coin in [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished up at VP cashing $300, from $250 FP and $200 cash. So +100 so far for the trip.

Another set of quads and a couple more teases were the only other hands. Ended on about 4500 coin in.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck the rest of the way!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  14. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished up at VP cashing $300, from $250 FP and $200 cash. So +100 so far for the trip.

Another set of quads and a couple more teases were the only other hands. Ended on about 4500 coin in.

15. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apologies for the double post... the second one should be:

Bought in for $500 at Craps, worked up to nearly a G but dropped quickly back after a couple of rolls with no butter.

Bought in for blackjack, $500. Lost it in about 14 hands, losing all 3 double opportunities, 2 of which were 11s. That’s it for blackjack this trip, maybe ever.

Was keen to give Bacc a try, the Stratosphere have a new lounge, so bought in for $400, cashed out $410.

Lost $110 with about $140 coin in on ultimate X.

So, that leaves me $500 down for the night and trip so far (and $250 freeplay used). But it can all be squarely blamed on blackjack, there is to be no more blackjack!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. TenTimesPay$

TenTimesPay$ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey blackjack can be very profitable but if you you get a bad run then it’s not your fault. Try 100 on a 5 dollar table take it slow have a few drinks leave if you loose half or get up to 150.

Anniversary Trip # 35 Years
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. luridludicloco

luridludicloco High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following. I must say your luck has not been stellar, but that can change any second. I wonder about what you will choose to play on the rest of the trip, good luck!

18. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So today is a new day - off to try my luck at cosmopolitan shortly.

VP has been relatively good to me so far so going to press on with the 100 play and the $25.

The Stratosphere’s high limit section is gone (turning into a cafe by the looks of things) or if it’s moved I’ve not managed to find it yet, so this will likely be the only time I venture above $1 bartop this week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Practice on Venetian 1c hundred play yielded $2 return. Obviously not what I’m looking for on the big play but would be OK with that loss, anything less would be a little disappointing.

20. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a complete disaster on the $500 spin, although it was a five card redraw. [​IMG]

The 15 steps to the $25 machine was the most exciting part of holding AQoff for a return of $0. $110 left to hit the bar tops with.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.