1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One Night Only-Planet Hollywood October 29-30

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sharper, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

A little pretrip background as I sit here and watch my WVU Mountaineers get back on track versus Baylor. My family vacation was interrupted when we were evacuated from Holden Beach NC because of hurricane Florence. My next trip was supposed to be in September to San Antonio to see my brother on October 31 until the 5th of November. A couple weeks ago he lets me know the Lakers play the Spurs on the 27th. I was able to come out early for the Lakers game but figured staying at his house the whole time would be a bit much so I thought, why not a one night trip to Vegas since it’s a lot closer to San Antonio than WV. So a call to southwest to change the date and one comped night at PH and it’s all set.

Flight to SA is tomorrow out of Columbus. Lakers game Saturday. Then Monday at 7 I’m on a flight to Vegas. I land at 7:50. Looking for somewhere new for breakfast and considering anywhere since I know the room won’t be ready. Maybe Peppermill since Ive never been. The rough plan is slots at Cosmo in the morning, Lunch at the 3rd floor bar at Twin Peaks.

Then work my way up the strip to hit up my favorite tables: Let it Ride at PH, blackjack at Cromwell and craps at Harrah’s. End up somewhere to study the lines and play vp while I make my sports bets for the weekend and some future bets. I’m hoping the World Series is still going to make a 4 team parlay with one NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB game. May do a nice dinner at Gordon Ramsay Steak or just grab in n out or earl of sandwich.

No other plans really. Would like to check into China Poblano for their Golden Pigs but not many meals in a short trip. I also want to see the new Bally’s lobby bar since we are staying there in March. Flight out isn’t until 3 on Tuesday and I’ve got nothing planned for then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weather in San Antonio is beautiful right now. Have a nice trip and welcome to SA.

Mark

3. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. The weather is great here right now.

A couple pictures from last nights game. It didn’t turn out the way I wanted but the ATT Center is really nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently live-ish. Tapatalk app says I don’t have permission to post on my phone so I don’t know how live it can be. Had breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi. Checked into PH and now headed to Cosmo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down about $150 at Cosmo. Headed to twin peaks for lunch. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stopped by PH for LIR. It’s now some progressive bull shit version of the game. I lost $120 and bailed. I headed north with the final destination of Rhumbar at the Mirage. Stopped at Bugsys for a beer and some VP. I’m down $360 for the day. Waking through Harrahs and confirmed my favorite craps table is now a crapsless craps table. Everything is changing and for the worse. However, Big Elvis was there. Listened to him for while. Currently enjoying a Tatonga. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you on the LIR progressive BS. It just seemed to make my $$ go faster and didn’t win anything on the bet, AND the progressive bet is $5!

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  8. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate the feeling of looking forward to some things and finding that everything has changed.

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
  9. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After checking the lines at the Mirage sports book I left to check out the new book at the linq. It’s really great. Made a couple bets on the MNF game and then headed to Cromwell for some black jack. All the tables were either full or $50. I don’t mind $25 tables but $50 is a little steep. Plus, I like to start on a lower table and use a progressive method of betting so starting lower helps if you’re losing. Often I’ll be betting $25-$50 but I don’t like starting there. So I head to Bally’s. Their lobby bar is really nice and I play VP next to some older ladies were hilarious to listen to. Then I find a $10 table at Bally’s. Perfect. Except it wasn’t. I lost my entire $200 buy-in in 3 shoes. It was time to grab a cookie from earl of sandwich and retreat to y room for the MNF game. I have the patriots to cover and Josh Gordon to score the first TD. The patriots covered but Gordon didn’t score first, although that bet was live until the 3rd quarter I think. No gambling pictures this time, just some Halloween decorations and pictures along the way.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good that the Pats gave you some help in the end

11. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down big I emerged from my room game watching with a plan. I had $75 free play as the Cosmo, surely I could turn that into actual folding money. My plan was the high limit room. I stalked the room and found my machine, $5 two credit Pinball in the back left corner. Put a $20 in and loaded my freeplay. Lasted a while but eventually it was gone without a big hit. Surely it was due right? I loaded $30 of my point play and the second spin, hit the bonus. Three 25 shots and one 15 later I was almost back to even. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice work on the high limit slot!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ran my Cosmo free play through that same machine last trip. Congrats on the win.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  14. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new assortment of 007 games look fun! I played Goldfinger (huge 2 seater machine) at my local the other day and tripled my money in less than 20 minutes! Granted it was $50 x3 and I was playing pennies (because I didn't know you could change the denom!), but still rad!

15. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently sitting in the airport heading back to SA.

After the slot hit, I went to China Poblano. The golden pigs were as delicious as always. Messed around at PH for a little and then went to bed pretty early around 11.

Woke up and called down to see about late checkout. Since I got in super early I thought they may not be able to but they gave me an extra hour. I went down and had breakfast at Cafe Hollywood which was fine. Then I headed to Bally’s to cash in a ticket I still had. I needed to find something for my nephews but all the he shops in the shanty town outside of Bally’s were still closed. I got in a couple sports bets I’ll post later so you all can fade accordingly. When I got back to Bally’s I saw the craps table was $5. So I bought in light for the last $100 I had available to lose. Doubled up in about an hour. I spend the remaining time trying to put some time in at PH on slots. Lost that $200 and left with half of my bankroll and $200 in sport bets. Grabbed a quick sandwich at earl of sandwich and that was it. [​IMG]I’ll try to recap the trip and throw in anything else I forgot. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't go wrong with China Poblano ;)

17. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final update. I left Vegas down about $500. Usually, I’m somewhere in the range of down 200 or up 200 over the course of a 5 day trip, which I consider breaking even. So down 500 in a one day trip was a blow to me. For the last 7-8 trips I’ve won money betting on sports, lost those winnings at the table and left with about what I came with. Close to even at Cosmo after my high limit slot hit, down $200 at the tables at Ceesars properties, 200 at slots and CET and down about 100 at video poker st CET. No quads this trip. My college football parlay didn’t pan out, even if my Mountsineers came through. My nfl Moneyline pick of the day of the buccaneers didn’t pan out. However I did hit my NFL parlay. Should have won $350 but one of the games was -115. I still have wvu to win the national title in basketball so it’s still possible this was a winning trip. Thanks for following along, especially because it wasn’t as live as I wanted it to be or as exciting.

The winner.
    [​IMG]

The potential

The losers

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Horseplayer1

Horseplayer1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too- it hated me but it liked my money $$$

19. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really liked the James Bond slots. There was one I didn’t like so much but it was also the one I did the worst on so there may be some correlation there.

20. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The picture of my potential bet didn’t come through in my previous post but here it is. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.