1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Aria room reward upgrade

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by johnvic, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking of 3 nights at Aria. The first on a myVegas reward, and the next 2 on a hotels.com reward. Basically with hotels.com they give you a certain amount per night. If the room cost less, then you lose the difference. So I would have enough for a Strip View.

I would like to have my myVegas room be in the same room as the next 2 nights. How can I get that handled? Will they charge me a ton or a modest upgrade fee? Is a $20 sandwich the way to go?

2. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if they'll even be able to accommodate that request (separate systems or whatever), but your best bet would be to call ahead and ask.

EDC
  3. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you have them both booked, you should be able to call and combine both confirmation numbers. I have done this plenty of times. Did you book the same type of room from Myvegas as hotels.com?
    Myvegas usually gives you the lowest of the run of the house rooms..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't booked yet. My plan was to book a strip view for my 2 nights with hotels.com, and the MyVegas will be what they give me. I was hoping to upgrade that.

5. Wabashabi

Wabashabi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done this and it is not a problem.

Call after you book to have the reservations linked. The room needs to be of the same type but reservations can change the room type to accommodate. You may have to pay the difference if one room type has to be slightly upgraded. When you check in make sure to ask again if the rooms are linked as sometimes things like that get changed or lost in the system during checkin. You will be checked out and checked back in to the same room on the change over date which is kinda weird but your room key will still work the entire time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You MIGHT have to pay the difference for the one night to make your Myvegas reward a strip view. If you can I would book the strip view for the first 2 nights of your stay and the myvegas night for your last night.

7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I can't do that order. The myVegas would be for the Thursday, first night, the I pay for Friday and Saturday.

8. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had no problem upgrading MyVegas reservations in the past at Aria. Actually got upgraded to a Corner Suite for $60/night a couple years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my trip. Unfortunately there were no rooms at Aria available through hotels.com. So I booked Aria direct through their website. I am only Sapphire but I was happy with the rate. It would have been happy with the hotels.com rewards, but that's life. I'll use them in the future.

10. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking direct is a good call. That is the only real way to get back end comps if you play warrents it.

11. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also ended up booking Encore directly. I actually got a better deal direct. I paid a little more cash now, but I still have 2 free nights that I can use on a non-Vegas trip.

Plus, I've read that if I book direct it's easier to get an upgrade if I choose to. I'm not sure if that is true, but it makes since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.