1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UK's August Adventure! A Live TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't disagree with you. Like I said, I don't like all the chnages. But I can find changes i dislike at every vegas property I frequent. I just think folks who are way down on Bellagio because its not what they remember from twenty years ago are missing the really great aspects of it.

That said, I did just have a conversation with my aria host where I declared I would be staying at aria in the future instead of bellagio lol

I Need Spa
  2. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah there were a few I thought one way about when I ranked the teams, but then changed my mind when I really drilled down on their schedule.

A week ago, I never thought I would make those Packers and Titans bets, but I did.

As for the Chargers, it helps that I am high on them and low on the rest of their division

I Need Spa
  3. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think both those teams will be improved this year. But I also felt the lines offered for both were pretty darn sharp. I tend to bet teams where my estimated win total is at least two more or less than the line offered. And I think both the oack and vikes will be in the 12 win range this year. I really am surprised I reached that conclusion with the Pack. I just love their schedule, especially the first half of the season

I Need Spa
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That group of people probably should have moved to Wynn when he built it. MGM has slowly chipped Bellagio's opulent feel away, even though it's still one of the nicest properties in its portfolio.

And you know Bellagio is going downhill as they are now offering comp nights on myVegas now! ;)

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last years titans were 5-1 in the division. they have a better chance of going 1-5 in the division this year than 5-1. i think they finish at 7-9.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think 7 and 9 would be a success. I think they go 2 and 4 in the division. I know people are excited that Mariota gets to run a spread offense again this year, but I a not convinced that is a good idea. The O line is the strength of the team. They need to run it more, not less. Anywho, I predict only 5 or 6 wins for them (and I may not be allowed back in the state at the end of this trip lol)

I Need Spa
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who havent seen it, new Park MGM signage, as seen from the aria spa balcony
    20180822_134516.jpg

I Need Spa
  8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still think its opulent. I mean, its no motel 6 on tropicana, but it gets the job done

I Need Spa
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple observations as I sit here at the spa:

*My aria host told me earlier that they are booed solid. She said they don't have a slow weekend for the rest of the year between events and concerts. Even she seemed a bit surprised by how busy they are and she lamented to me how she is having trouble booking some of her regular guests in suites because they just aren't available. Even today, a wednesday in mid august, she said every room is sold tonight

*Speaking of which, does Liquid pool really need to be this loud on a Wednesday? ?? Go to work, people! I want to relax at the spa. I am surprised how packed it is midweek

*I know there have been some passionate discussion about the mandatory 20 percent service fee that started at mlife spas. As I have expressed, it doesn't bother me because I am going to tip that much anyway. IMO, the only reason to be bothered is if you aren't a tipper. But FWIW, I kearned one new aspect checking in to the aria spa today. They let me use my express comps to pay that fee today. I told them I usually leave a cash tip, but the front desk said the fee gets converted into a tip for the provider instead, but I was wlecone to add to it or keave additional cash if I wanted. She said that since its considered a fee, I can pay it with my comps. And since I have a lot of express comps to burn through, I really like that change!

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another random observation :

Driving to my hike monday, I saw that massive solar farm just over the state line. I guess I have seen it from airplanes before and neverpaid it much mind. But seeing it up close as a drive by .... wow! It is huge and kind of a cool site to see if you are driving that way

I Need Spa
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Irishwake

Irishwake Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UK, you're spot on about Ivanpah Solar plant. Other than an arc welder, the light reflecting on the generators gotta be the brightest lights I've seen.
    We drove down just to see it.
    BTW, I like my Pats opening day at 6.5 O/U at 11.5 not so much. Receiving corp is really thin right now with no Edelman for 4 games, Amendola gone, Kenny Britt got let go today.
    And the vertical game hasn't looked very good in the 2 preseason games, never was Bradys strong suit except for the Moss years.
    I think I'm talking myself out of the 6.5!
    Btw way, what the minimums in the H/L room at Caesars.
    Congrats on a winning trip.

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

I agree that receiver is a weakness for the pats. Cooks was their vertical game last year. This season, I expect more misdirection and ahort passing. Brady is fantastic at that. I also expect james white to have a really good year. As for week 1, I didn't bet that becuse I think the line is really sharp. I think Pats win by 7 in a shootout

In the Cp high limit, the mins vary by table but the lowest I saw was $200 for BJ, $100 for Roulette, and $100 for bac. I usually aee a hundred dollar BJ game on weekday mornings, but that table has remained at 200 this whole week.

Also, stay away from the CP high limit double deck table. I didn't check its min because it has bad rules. Its never worth playing

I Need Spa
  13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For any readers I haven't alienated with talk of tips, bellagio or their hometown sports team, keep reading for a dinner update. Headed to Carbone in a few minutes. The foodthere is fantastic. Unfortunately, i overate at lunch, lol. When did Julian Serrano go back to full sized portions for lunch at the bar!! I didn't know!!! Still, I love food, so I will get something yummy tonight

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 3
  14. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brady is at his best at 5-10-15 yds passes all his time , he threw for over 500 yds vs Philly in Super Bowl, and Cooks got hurt and Edelman was hurt and both were non factors. This year Patterson is going to be big so is Dorsett ,he and White and Burkhead both ,and Gronk, the only missing is Amendola. but somebody will pick up for him, they will be real good now the first week is gonna be probably the game of the week , Texans are very good ,we will see a great game .
    Patriots have a pass rush ,this year

15. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I resent that remark lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could have sworn Aria always charged that svc fee as gratuity before. Basically all in for the services.

17. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Grand has always charged it, but aria didn't. In fact, at cbeckin they told me it only went in effect last week

I Need Spa
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another win for the trip. Just found out my host is comping carbone for me!
    20180822_183138.jpg

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 2
  19. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer::goofy::feedme: That is a big win for you.:clap: Great report UK

• Like Like x 1
  20. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas: