1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best CET buffet for free pass?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by notfromconcentrate, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, so, I'm not normally one to do buffets. But, y'know... free is free - so I can begrudgingly crack open some crab legs and nibble at a carved roast with the knowledge that I've got more money available for less responsible things.

Since I'm not normally one to do buffets, I'm stuck in a position where I don't know anything about the ones found at CET... other than that the one at the Flamingo was pretty badass for brunch.

I have a free buffet pass that I got with my Total Rewards Visa card. It's good for everything except for Bacchanal - which you have to pay $35 extra for.

Accordingly, my question is... which CET property has the best buffet for dinner? If it's Bacchanal, is it worth paying the $35 supplement?

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CP is the only one I would even consider. Is it worth $35? Probably not, IMO. But you enjoyed Flamingo, which I recall being well below average the last time I ate there. Paris used to be decent, but has declined in recent years. Same thing with PHo. Still, they have both always been better than Flamingo, so I would go with either of those

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before they dismantled the Seafood option (which also required $$ for upgrade), I would have suggested Rio.

All CET buffets with the exception of Bacchanal at CP, which I consider to be one of the three best buffets in Las Vegas, are "life sustaining", some are "life sustaining+"

The only one of CET's buffets that I thought was only "life sustaining" was the Spice Market at PH. All others (Harrahs, Paris, and Rio) were +. I have not eaten at the Flamingo and Bally's and the Cromwell don't have buffets.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends if you eat a lot ?? then the Bacchanal at CP, its awesome , but you got to be hungry, I mean hungry ,cause its a lot of food and desserts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the food you like.
    I am a pretty simple guy and only go to buffet's when they are free since I will not eat enough to make them worth while.
    For me as long as they have mashed potatoes and some form of meat I am happy for the most part.

I will say that even with my simple taste.. I was pretty disappointed with Harrah's and was very glad it was "Free"
    I never made it to Caesar's but I found Planet Hollywood to be good for breakfast and just ok for lunch.

TLDR: stay away from Harrah's Buffet.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the Buffet of Buffet passes which is the 24 hour pass.
    The only 2 buffets we felt were even half way decent was Paris and Caesars.
    All the others were sup-par.
    Either go with Paris or pay the extra for Caesars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $35. Is a good deal for Bacchanal and by far would be my choice. I enjoy the carving station and the variety from prime rib to wagyu to beef brisket and goes on and on. Second and only other choice I would make is Paris. Enjoy. Rick

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal is not worth the 35$ especially if you really enjoyed the Flamingo buffet which is the CET buffet i would rank last. Paris and Harrahs are really good PH use to be great but ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, if you're used to eating "better" than "life sustaining+, pick one "throwaway" meal and use your buffet coupon for it.

If you'd consider any strip buffet a "treat":

If you are OK spending $$$, the upgrade to Bacchanal would be my choice, or Paris if you didn't want to come out of pocket too much.

10. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to get a bit off subject, but did you get anything telling you you have a free buffet from the Credit Card? I got one in April and didn’t receive anything telling me I get a free buffet. Thanks

11. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries! It said right at the bottom of my approval letter that came with the card and other literature.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plot twist on this question: I actually won't "have to" redeem this offer after all. It's a long story, but I was able to basically exploit a loophole to get them to convert it to a free hotel night for me instead. So I'll be taking that... probably to use it on the trip I'm tentatively planning for early December to see the National Finals Rodeo.

Despite this, I'm really glad I asked this question - because I went into this on the assumption that some of the buffets would be passable or possibly good. When in fact, only about two or three are worth so much as trying, even for free.

In case anyone's curious... Paris would have been my choice for this meal. The reviews make it out to be seafood-heavy, and I sure love my seafood. Apparently the crepes are really good too. So perhaps I'll try it one day when I'm specifically in the mood for it.

13. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris for dinner would be good or on weekend dinner for the best value to redeem your free buffet. I don't remember Paris being heavy seafood. Just some shrimp and cold crab legs. (unless diamond then you request steamed and cracked crab legs for you brought to your table)
    Flamingo for weekend brunch would be another good option.
    As others have mentioned, the CP upcharge isn't really worth it imo. And PH is really bad/cheap.

Using it for a free hotel room isn't that great of a deal either imo since you'll still be paying 40ish for the resort fees and CET is really easy to get comp'd rooms But hey an extra night is cool if you arn't getting comp nights yet.

14. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a notoriously cheap low-roller who Ubers to North Las Vegas to play $1 blackjack. I highly doubt I'd earn any comps on a strip property :)

15. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll earn. I'm a cheap low roller too and got tons of comp rooms very quickly with CET. It may of took 1-2K of gambling during my first trip but every trip after I continue to low roll gamble and I continue to get tons of comp nights for hotels.
    Yeah I am Diamond now due to many trips. But I was getting comps when I was gold newb too.

Speaking of the TR visa. I just got a 1500 tier bonus offer in the mail . (spend 1500 on the card and earn 1500 tier credits)
    Usually I get reward credit offers. So just another way to boost my tier score and continue my diamond for next year.

16. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Wonder if I still have that .....

17. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t think you need to, as long as you’re still within six months of your first purchase. The wording in the condition doesn’t say anything about having to bring the paper in. I’d say drop by the total rewards desk the next time you’re near one and I’d personally be certain they’ll issue you one, provided you’re still within the timeframe.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One change at the Flamingo buffet this last trip which kinda p*ssed me off.

They used to have champagne/mimosa/BM with the brunch buffet but now it's $1 extra. Now you may say NBD for that amount, but they do NOT tell you about it at the register and there are no obvious signs. I found out about it when the server noted that I did not pay the extra $1 and there was no way to add it on once seated. Flamingo buffet is not one I'm gonna do twice on a trip unless there is a particular reason to do so.

19. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought Paris and PH was ok.

20. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without spending extra for Caesar's on the free pass, your best best would be the Paris buffet. Much better than Rio or Planet Hollywood. Don't forget to get a freshly made crepe there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.