1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rude, inconsiderate neighbors

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a vacation/2nd home. Most folks have those to get away and release their stress of the typical life. It is party time for them when the kids show up they are their to drink and party. Only worse if they are retired. Not sure you can do much of anything to get “even”.

2. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A polite discussion to ask them what the problem is doesn’t seem to be working. He might be amenable. Perhaps she is the one that encourages the guests to slam doors.

If you want a little tit for tat, the next time their door is left open when they leave, don’t do anything. They might decide to be the type of neighbours they should be.

Or maybe there is a problem, not necessarily one you caused, that you don’t know about. I’d still deal with him.

3. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh boy when there's a drunk wife and sober husband involved things can get nasty quick. I'd suggest a outside stereo system playing Andreas Vollenweider from 11pm to 8am to.soothe her nerves. Seriously there's nothing worse than a drunk wife/sober husband you're in a bad spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Invite them over for dinner. Then tell them that it's time for the traditional 'Airing of Grievances'.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You seem to be dwelling on your issues(working nights), frankly, that's not his problem, that's yours. He's not a bad guy for living his life, and a neighbor that takes a little pride in his place is not a bad thing. If he blew his leaves at 8 AM you's say "I just went to bed", if he did it at 7 pm, you's say "who does that". Exactly when is the right time to blow his leaves?

And this door thing is weird, I can say with 99.9 % certainty that his guests dont know, or care you exist, if you had had a big blow up issue, I could buy them messing with you, but you say that's not the case.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have neighbors with indoor/outdoor cats. I like cats don’t get me wrong, but what I don’t like is one or more is a sprayer. Yup that right cat pee on everything, our house, front doors, cars, firewood (smells great btw, not!) and everything else it can. I have had several conversations with her about it including asking her to clean up the spray on our doors and cars, nope she told me to prove it was her cats. We have caught it on video several times and the b**** still won’t do anything about it. I don’t know what to do at this point.

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The correct answer to this is around 5:30pm - ONCE A WEEK. Not every fricken day especially when he knows the neighbor is working nights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we all have neighbors that do things that annoy us. At our last hose neighbor to the east would now his lawn at 530 on Saturday evening just as we were sitting down on the deck for dinner then the mower starts up running for an hour. Annoying yes bad neighbor don’t think so. He just golfed every weekend and evening was lawn time.

Neighbor to the south had the most wooded lot in the area and a chain saw. Annoying yes. Bad neighbor don’t know never talked him he lived there the last 6 months we did. only cut down trees after 8pm though do I am leaning towards him bring an ass

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're a nurse. Far be it from me to judge if this guy ever comes in needing an emergency enema or non life threatening injury where (although in discomfort) you get to walk by repeatedly saying "It won't be long now; are you still feeling the pain?"

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this movie: Bruce Dern in The Burbs getting mad about his neighbor's dog pooping on his lawn:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can pick your nose, but you can't pick your neighbors.

Neighbors are one of those things that aren't disclosed or covered in a title report and title insurance. It's the great unknown. And often there is very little you can do about it. We've been lucky through the years. And we're very close to most everyone within a stone's throw, and socialize all the time. Sorry, Val.

12. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My neighbors on the other side of my backyard wall has a couple of parties a week. Last till midnight, 1am with their speakers pointed my way blasting. I've never complained once. I mow the back yard at 8:30am and I can her him yelling, stop the f$%^ing lawnmower. He yells it every time I mow. I'm starting to think about doing it when the mowers around my block start, 6:30am. They are in their late 30's, early 40's with what seems to be an endless flow of disposable income. They have a new boat, a new 3/4 ton truck, a newer BMW 5 series, added on a 2nd story, redid the whole back yard, hired a crane to drop some big entertainment thinkg into the back yard. I talked to them once as they were telling me what a great baseball player their son high school and they were looking into colleges unless "HE" the son decides to turn pro. I said hey, my brother in law is a big shot scout for the twins. They both said oh no, he won't play for a twins team. :goofy:

13. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen that movie. :haha: Gonna have to look for it.

14. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks wanted to vent some. My husband still isn’t on board with my idea- I’m willing to take one for the team and deal with a little bird poop on our side.

I guess I don’t understand how people at their level of status, wealth, and position can be so inconsiderate. Money doesn’t buy class.

Funny this morning as we drove past their house he has an extremely neat pile of leaves on the street by his other next door neighbors and by our house he just blows them under my car and anywhere in front of our house.

My other next door neighbor turned their house into a B&B along with the house across the street. Last year she gave me her cell# and told me if I ever had any problems with her guests to call right away. She said she tells her guests the houses are residential and not for loud parties. They do get busy on the weekend and are sporadically noisy but it has never rated a call or complaint.

15. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a funny movie. One my husband and I have watched several times.

16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the problems with tit-for-tat involving someone warranting tit-for-tat is that the context will not be noticed because you're dealing with a me-first person. So escalation might only bring escalation. (I do however totally concur with the bird idea!!)

17. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

And you don't think that is telling you something?

18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have my sympathies. We've had crappy neighbors in the past and it's not much fun. When we lived in an apartment, we had one neighbor move in and turned the whole complex into a nightmare. I'm not sure which is worse, the totally vicious dog they let wander all over the property unsupervised, despite the no dog policy, or the time a disgruntled side-chick got into a fight with the wife and repeatedly plowed her car into his car, pushing it into other cars in the carport. I think 5 cars had damage after that night, as well as taking out a pole supporting the carport ceiling. Yikes! The tenants had a property manager to deal with that nightmare for us. Just took about 6 families moving out over it before they took notice. :rolleyes2:

Since we bought our house, we've had pretty good luck with our neighbors. Three of us share a driveway and so far (knocks on wood) everyone has been great. Our closest neighbor died last year and I've been very worried about who was going to buy the old property. I had nightmares about it being a total tear-down, replaced with a mega-mansion taking up every inch of the lot space and overwhelming our property. Luckily, the 3rd neighbor's brother just bought it and has plans to refurbish it for his family. They seem nice, but I've only met 2/5ths of the family so far. We were over there last week and giving him the scoop on the historical part of the building. It used to be part of an old school that made up the property that our three houses stand on. I'm glad he wants to save it.

I agree with Ken that it sounds like you have some me-first people next door. I'm not sure subtlety is going to work with them. I'd also caution you to not start a war with them. Neighbors can be a challenge, but I think it's best not to escalate things if you don't have to. I don't have to live next to them, so I can't tell you what to do, but I am just trying to caution you not to make it even worse.

You have to pick your battles carefully in these situations, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll weld the tongue back on the double-wide and we'll be right down! :peace:

RICHARD

• Like Like x 2
  20. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Problem solved. !!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.