1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Marijuana and the Airport

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by martinr, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't lose snacks - most foods are not against TSA rules. They just might ask you to pull them out so they can be screened separately from your bags.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been flying at least once a month this year and never had to take out snacks. I have heard about it - but never have been bothered. Due to (attempted) diet, we carry lots of snacks.

3. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, but if the candy bar is labeled "cannabis chocolate bar" that might be a problem:D And chocolate sometimes shows up in scans as something they need to check.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .. never mind... some of this stuff is so obvious... not gonna go there.

Then again, some people need help flying. An pro ball player raised hell last week saying TSA spilled his Mother's ashes. They were in his CHECKED LUGGAGE. Who is the idiot there?

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This entire subject (and possibly TSA screening too ;-) is "YMMV" - your mileage may vary. So know the rules and make your own decisions about how YOU are comfortable proceeding.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try taking a (full size) electric toothbrush. "Bag check, female, lane 4!" She takes a quick look at it ... "oh, never mind!" :) :) :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. OnetimeDealer

OnetimeDealer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No experience at LAS yet, but I have brought edibles through DEN and PHX. Both times I mixed 5 or so of the gummies with a bag of starburst sour gummies. They aren't exactly the same size but unless you look close it isn't all that noticeable. At DEN they swabbed the bag and let me go. At PHX they swabbed the bag and detected a bomb or something? They asked me if they could examine it and I said sure. They glanced at and said it looked like a snack and let me go. I guess it probably helps that I am an ordinary looking white male. TSA isn't there to look for drugs so if you don't try to bring back a pound of weed or try to conceal it in a ridiculous way you should be fine.

8. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a guy :whistle: who had no issues bringing back to his home state a vape pen and 3 cartridges in his carry-on. I think he said he kinda camoflaged them in a bag of metallic souvenirs (fridge magnets, clips, pens, etc).

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that guy too! My guy put the vape cartridges in his liquids bag and didn’t miss a beat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    “Electric toothbrush”, sure. :poke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's How I got around that on my last trip. I bought gummy candy edibles at a dispensary. I visited a candy store while I was in town, and bought about a half-pound of bulk (non-MJ) gummy-type candy of various sizes and shapes, which went into a clear plastic bag. I removed the (MJ) edibles (coin-shaped) from their packaging and put them in the same bag with the regular candy. Took it all home in my carry-on - TSA didn't blink an eye.

• Like Like x 1
  12. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet Vegas Gummy Bear sales have skyrocketed.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know him too!!! My guy put his in the shower bag (shampoo/deodorant,toothbrush kinda stuff) and in his checked bag. Got home with no problem at all. I heard his wife has some gummies mixed in with other various candys in her carry on

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a guy that just got back from Vegas with 5 cartridges in a little pouch that he caries his vape pen in. Didnt even flinch.

15. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s almost like every guy knows a guy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

When I bought the gummies in April I just took them out and put them in a baggie, then put the baggie into another baggie. Carried it in my carry on with no problem. I also brought home the original container in my carry on but didn't have any problems with either.

17. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Come October 2018, when the ENTIRE country will be legalized for personal use, Canadians have several dilemnas when crossing the border.

On the BNN (Bloomberg News Network), there have been multiple discussions- no WARNINGS, from all & sundry (U.S. Immigration lawyers, etc. ).

To whit:

1) Prior to entry into the U.S., you may be asked by U.S. Customs, etc. whether you smoke marijuana OR have ever smoked, ingested, etc. marijuana in Canada.

2) You may be asked whether you now/since they have been initiated, INVESTED in any Weed stocks/ ETFs

You better have the correct answer ready, whenever asked!

If not, your admittance into the U.S. can be blocked FEDERALLY, regardless of whether you will be flying into a weed legal State.

(Further, upon your return, say at a land boarder crossing, I have also wondered whether CANADIAN Customs (CBSA) might tip the U.S. that they smelled or found weed, during a secondary exam AND advised the Americans, re future trips. )

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  18. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not even stayed at a Holiday Inn recently, but I really doubt US Customs or Immigration is gonna ask those kind of questions.

BUT - there is no way in hell I would bring anything across the border. ICE has almost god like powers. Not worth messing with.

Going from good state to stupid state within the U.S. is not a big deal, but across intl borders. No thank you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your Canadian marijuana-buying data ends up on a server in the United States, could it make its way to U.S. border officials? There’s little to stop it, privacy experts say.
    And that could have lasting consequences. Canadians can be barred for life from the United States — even after legalization here — if a border officer decides that they are an “abuser” of marijuana."

June 26, 2018

“Under current technical instructions, use in the last year would qualify as a drug abuser,” says Scott Railton, an immigration lawyer in Bellingham, Wash.

“If they were able to access that data point for home delivery and everything, it would open the door for more questions.”

A U.S. border officer who knew of a Canadian’s marijuana buying history could quickly put the person in an impossible position — admit to marijuana use and be banned as a “drug abuser,” or deny it and be banned for lying. (Immigration lawyers advise refusing to answer the question, which will probably get you turned back on that one occasion, but doesn’t carry lasting consequences.)

20. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bloomberg July 26, 2018

"
    VICTORIA -- A Vancouver businessman banned for life from entering the United States over his investments in American marijuana companies says he plans to seek a waiver that permits him to cross the border.

Canadian Sam Znaimer said he was recently denied entry at a Washington state border crossing by officials who said his investments in U.S. marijuana companies make him ineligible to enter the country.

"I spent four hours, four-and-a-half hours at the border station and at the end of that whole process I was told that I'd been permanently banned from entering the U.S.," he said in an interview.

Immigration lawyer Len Saunders said he's heard about a dozen similar cases recently where Canadians have been denied entry to the United States because of their connections to the marijuana industry.

"I'm getting panicked phone calls from Canadian companies who are concerned about their staff being denied entry and liability issues, or about themselves because they are senior executives," said Saunders, a Canadian whose law practice is based at Blaine, Wash.

Saunders said he tells Canadians working with American marijuana companies not to cross the border.

"You might as well be doing business with Pablo Escobar, selling cocaine in the U.S.," he said, adding marijuana is still a so-called schedule 1 substance in the U.S., defined by having no medical use and a high potential for abuse.

Znaimer said he's been investing in numerous business ventures for more than 30 years, including marijuana companies. He said he has participated in public panel discussions about marijuana and has been interviewed in the media."

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.