1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

O or Le Reve

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by SAll11, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are coming back to Vegas Sept 1-8th. It’s our 4th trip as a couple and my 6th time overall. We have seen Absinthe, Blue Man Group, Jabbawokeez, Love, Zumanity, Piff the Magic Dragon And Mystre.

Absinthe was our favorite but we also really liked Love, Piff, and Mystre.

On this trip we’re deciding between O and Le Reve. Which one would you choose and why. Are there any discounts available? So far I’ve found Le Reve for $145 for Grandstand and O for like $150 for section 203.

I’m also thinking about tickets to the Ms Beehaves Game show. Has anyone been?

Are there any other shows you would recommended over those?

2. MinRaiser66

MinRaiser66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to see Le Reve about 6 times over the years. It has changed some over the years but I still love it. I went to see O once and it was just ok. But I did win a Royal in the bar just before I rushed to get in my seat. I had been playing for about 5 hands. Perhaps my mind was still absorbing that win! Seriously tho, Le Reve gets my vote. Also seats in Row 1 to 3 say there is risk of getting wet but this is really not an issue. It is better to be close to the edge of the stage (tank) and you will be able to see it so much better. Don't be afraid of getting wet. There is about a 1% chance of this if you are in Row 1. and a 0% if you are in Row 3. If you do get a bit of a sprinkle they have towels close by on about every other seat to dry you off if you do.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both, I am in the camp that Le Reve is one of the top three shows in Vegas... between those two, pick Le Reve.

4. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Le Reve have more acrobatics the O?

5. aeb

aeb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve seen both as well and agree LeReve is better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Reve. Definitely.

7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That

Bros are back!
  8. PlanetMark

PlanetMark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for Le Reve, amazing... found O a little dull, might have been 'all cirqued out' by then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked Le Reve more as is has the same water features and acrobatics as “O” but not the forced and constraining storyline, which drives me always crazy at Cirque.

10. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another YES for LeReve over O.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There isn't even a question. "Le Reve" is so much better than "O" - the whole spectacle of "Le Reve" is breathtaking. I did see it several years ago and from what I understand it does change over time but I can only imagine it got even better. When I finally saw "O" after years of anticipation I was extremely disappointed, and yes, bored. I even dubbed it "O NO!" Luckily it was a comp.

It is interested to note that "Le Reve" was originally created by Franco Dragone, who also created "O". Apparently "O" was just a practice run for the far superior "Le Reve".

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will take the other side. I prefer O. Nothing wrong with La Reve, but IMO, it is O lite. The acrobatic dives in O are bigger and I like the mix of acrobatics with other scenes in O. Plus, I always roll my eyes at the cheesy magic trick elements in la Reve.

I Need Spa
  13. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen both and prefer O without hesitation. Both are very good shows with high production values but what stands O apart is the music. The music from Le Reve is completely unremarkable. We actually purchased the soundtrack CD from O after seeing the show. I don't know if Le Reve offers a CD but to be honest I don't recall a single melody from the music of that show.

14. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not even a comparison for me - Le Reve! O was an absolute snoozefest and the intermission entertainment is downright ponderous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an e-mail for "Cirque du Soleil Tickets up to $70 off". Book by Aug 12. Don't know if this is publically available or just to Mlife members or just to specific Mlife members.

16. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to Le Reve, but wasn't thrilled with O. It might have been over hyped to me. The acrobatics and water stuff was great but the music really turned me off. I know that seems odd, but the music was too "new age" for me. It didn't seem to have anything to do with what was going on. I'd seen Love and the stage action was perfectly in sync with the music of course.

17. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there a code or link you could share?

18. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Reve

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is helpful as I'm deciding between O and Le Reve for my next trip. I saw O once about 3 years or so ago... so with all the positive reviews I'm leaning towards Le Reve.

I was poking around on Wynn's website with Le Reve. I see that you can choose Poolside, Golden Circle, Grandview, and Dream. And then it basically goes straight to the billing. Can you pick where you want to sit (row and seat)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.