1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM - 3 for $57 deal

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by JustDandy, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustDandy

JustDandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While searching for activities to do that weren't gambling related, I found the Titanic exhibit. It's something that I have always found fascinating for whatever reason, and this is something I would really like to see!

Now, I'm just debating do I pay $32 to get into just the Titanic exhibit OR do I do the 3 for $57 deal; and pick 2 other attractions to go see. Has anyone used this deal before? Any suggestions on the other 2 attractions for a first timer to see (not interested in the rides/amusement park ones)? https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/offers/3-for-57-attractions.html

Unrelated observation and question. I see that there are places on the strip that either offer or have coupons for 2-for-1 drinks. If you are there solo for whatever reason, can you still use such a coupon/offer? Or is it exclusive/expected that 2 people/couple will use it?

2. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done the 3 for $57 deal. I selected the Titanic, Bodies and Circus Circus Adventuredome. CC was just for the 4D movies since I had never seen one before. I would recommend the Titanic for sure, it was really neat to go through. Bodies I could have skipped.

On that list now I'd probably select Titanic, 4D at Excalibur and either the Mirage Secret Garden or Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. The Shark Reef is ok, nothing too incredible but worth seeing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JustDandy

JustDandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your feedback. I've decided I am definitely going to see the Titanic exhibit at some point. Have you been to the Mirage Secret Garden? Is that worth seeing?

4. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to the Mirage Secret Garden but it's something I've wanted to see. I hope in my next trip or two I get to experience it. Let me know what your final decision turns out to be.

5. Gypsy21

Gypsy21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been about 8 years since I visited the Secret Garden so I'm sure it's changed since then. It was a good way to break up the day, but nothing to write home about. Did get some interesting pictures though.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 1
  6. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive been to the Secret Garden. I have mixed feelings. I enjoyed it a little, the dolphin area was nice you can get so close to them and spend as much time as you wabt watching them. The big cat enclosures seemed small and one of the Tigers seemed to be in disstress with pacing etc.

To answer your first question yes, you can use 241 drinks alone. Drink em both! Winwin.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is pretty much the same. Its an OK way to kill an hour.

8. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember them saying the big cats do not actually live there. They get driven in from some big ranch out in the desert. Not sure if it is every day, or once a week or what. The dolphin just swim and eat. I thought there would be an actual show, like jumping through a hoop of fire! Nope. They swim, they eat and we watch. They make it clear the dolphins are not there to perform, so it got old fast.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the 3 for $57 deal ln July. Saw the shark reef, secret garden and went to the adventuredome. If there are 2 attractions you like on the list, I'd say go for it.

10. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The secret garden is pretty dull. I might have spent 10 minutes there, tops. Shark Reef at Mandalay is a bit more interesting, but I still wouldn’t go out my way to do it.

11. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the Secret Garden twice and both times I went free with MyVegas. I wouldn't recommend paying for it. Its nice, but its also about an hour; maybe 2 tops to go through it.

Sadly, just like Sigfried and Roy, the animals are getting older and seem pretty relaxed, but sometimes look a little beat down.

There are NO good pictures except the dolphins there unless you want a picture of a cage.

The dolphins are amazing, however, unless you are doing the experience, save your money and do the local zoo.

You can also get Shark Reef free through MyVegas. I liked Shark Reef and went twice. Its very nice and they have unique animals. There are lots of picture opportunities, and again 1-2 hours.

12. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Secret Garden pretty easy for me to spend 1-2 hours there, on my last visit Siegfried was there as well greeting people taking pictures just walking around, shark reef is pretty nice as well but a pretty long walk to get there

13. JustDandy

JustDandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up doing: Titantic, Bodies and Secret Garden. I really enjoyed the Titanic exhibit, and was my main motivation to even try the 3 for $57 deal. I thought Bodies and Secret Garden were alright. I did get to see the dolphins at the garden; walked in right as they were getting started in the main pool.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Akala

Akala Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were looking at this as well, do you need to set times/dates for use or can you use whenever? Not a fan of being locked into a schedule when we go.

15. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't have to set dates/times. You have a certain amount of time to use the tickets, but it is a long period of time. If you buy them during your trip, you won't have issues. If you buy them before your trip, you just redeem them at an MLife box office.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came to ask if we had to do all 3 on the same day, guess not so thats a plus, is it really 57$ or is it 57$ + taxes+services charges+.....

17. JustDandy

JustDandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have 7 days from the day the tickets are printed to use them. I bought mine online, and picked them up at the Luxor box office. It cost me $59 total ($2 service fee).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was up to me, I would do Titanic, Shark Reef or Secret Garden and Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. If you aren't into art, the two animal attractions are pretty good. BGFA usually has a really good touring show from the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.

Titanic is one of the best exhibits I've ever seen. Amazing pieces of history.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.