1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegasworm LIVE With Kids @ MB (5/7-5/11) - An Utterly Exhausted TR!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Vegasworm, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for reading the duration of my report and all of your nice remarks!

Ha, ha! V once asked if I earned anything doing these VMB trip reports. I told him it was all done out of love for my favorite city. LOL.

We have not tried Burger Bar yet. Honestly, this is the first time we've gotten burgers in Vegas beyond stopping by In-N-Out. I'm so intrigued by all of the shake offerings and fancy burgers that a lot of these places offer, so we may start putting this on our to do list more.

Perfect! We live in Highlands Ranch, so we'll be going! I'm assuming it's going in where the new Central Park area is being built?

Thank you for reading!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

We pulled the girls out for a total of 12 school days and with weekends they'll have enjoyed 18 days away from home. They are totally dreading going to school on Monday, but they only have two weeks of school left. I can't wait until our June trip. I'm excited to try yet some more new restaurants. Thanks for reading!

Thank you for following along!

We had a great time! Our family really enjoys Vegas as a trip destination. Thank you for reading.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny your remark echoes what our pediatrician said once. Kids who can hold it together most of the time in public settings, but feel at ease to let their hair down at home are reflecting that they know how to behave. I was a 7th grade science teacher for 9 years. I saw lots of "moments" teaching junior high. LOL. Threw in the towel when S was born. The three girls would have required 4 years of full time daycare before G started Kindergarten. Sadly, the cost for three in daycare was more than my teacher's salary! :thumbsdown: Hello stay-at-home mom ever since.

Thank you for your kind comments and for reading along!

Vegasworm

3. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here ya go @luridludicloco!

Hopefully, you can read my writing. I rewrote one to make it more legible.

IMG_20180509_215835495_LL.jpg
    A reminder of the order.

IMG_20180512_191152818.jpg
    The answers...our wrong answers are crossed through.

We tasted absolutely no curry in that last one. Would have bet my life it was ginger. Also, the server said nobody had gotten the Thai one. Definitely a hard game!

Enjoy if any of you try it!

Vegasworm

4. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final Trip Thoughts....

This was another successful family visit to Vegas for the Vegasworm Family. We've started to find our groove when traveling to Sin City with our kids. I know things will evolve as they get older, but we truly enjoy the Vegas experience with our children.

This is the least crowded I have seen Las Vegas EVER! I don't know if we caught the place on a good week, but I've just never seen such light traffic and crowds. Hope I get that lucky next month.

Gambling wise I didn't feel this trip was too bad. I had a little extra play money thanks to V's unexpected Point Play, but I also had a smaller bankroll than I normally bring. I'm grateful to have my $1k to take back home. Since I'll be back next month, there's not a lot of time to replenish the coffers. It's been a very expensive 18 days for our family, and it's going to take longer than a month recover. I'm hopeful to maybe have around $1,500 to run through the machines at the Bellagio when V and I return.

My girls really wanted to try out the Artsy Nannies and have a nanny come to the hotel and stay with them. I just couldn't warrant paying to do this knowing V and I are coming back June 30th. If we can swing a family fall trip to Vegas, we might go for it then.

There are a lot of things we didn't get to that we thought we would, but we backed off a lot due to being pretty fatigued from the long trip preceding our Vegas stay. Just means we need to get back more often!

Very much enjoyed staying at Mandalay Bay despite its far south location on The Strip. The pool was amazing, and I just liked the whole vibe of the place. I would gladly stay there again in the future.

A BIG THANKS to everyone who chose to follow along on our adventures! I know a trip report with kids is the last thing a lot of Vegas lovers want to read, so I appreciate those of you who kept up with us! I love reading all the fun and helpful things on VMB, and I'm happy to give back.

I'm really excited to return next month for a couple's trip! I'm so glad it's coming sooner than later. I'm going to try to pack in a lot of drinking, gambling, eating, exploring, and relaxing, since I won't have kids to tend after. I will still be seeking that elusive hand pay, but I agree with the advice of others like @TIMSPEED and @tringlomane that it probably takes hopping on those $5 machines to make it happen. Not sure I'll have the funds for that this next time around, so I'll probably still be low rolling and hoping for lighting to strike.

If I missed responding to someone, I apologize. I do 99% of the report from my phone, and sometimes I miss quoting someone when I read back through the comments. I appreciate everybody reading and the great comments! Thank you!

Signing off for now, but I'll see everyone again 6/30-7/4! Feel free if anyone has any questions about any of the things we did to ask me.

Cheers!
    Vegasworm

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And my gratitude. :) I love your TRs with your kids. You guys always seem to find so much fun stuff to do and see with them. Plus, I love how you sneak away to get your gamble on in between family fun times.

re: ice cream game - Um.. how did you get Blackberry Pomegranate out of Raspberry Mint? That one made me LOL. I don't think I would have gotten them right, but those seem like really opposite tastes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, those ice-cream flavors are really off! None of us tasted a speck of mint, so that really says something. We were on the fence whether it was raspberry vs blackberry though. The vanilla bean sucked! It tasted odd.

Vegasworm

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's rigged!!! :haha:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mike G

Mike G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic Trip Report! Thank you for all the great details, especially on the restaurants!
    Great job on managing your bank roll too!!

We will be at Bellagio from July 1st to 5th. Hopefully we will see you at the slots or the pool.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh nice, hope we bump into you guys! I'll have my VMB band on and be doing a trip report again.

Vegasworm

10. luridludicloco

luridludicloco High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Impossible ice cream game. But now that readers have the right answers associated with the right colours, if someone wants to indulge ice cream for free and is lucky enough to get the same ones as on this trip, that person might know now the possible right answers, and the changed ones might be something easy like green tea or lemon. Maybe this will inspire someone to travel to Vegas and take the challenge :haha:.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

So, with the FCM (finger clicker method), is there any math/science behind it, or just a thing you do? (Neither answer is judgy, I promise) I’m intrigued. Very much enjoying your adorable family and your report and pictures!

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a thing I do to help me keep track of spins. I used to cycle $40 through machines with the number of spins that would equal, but that goes quickly. I now do it in $100 increments.

I also will jump ship if I'm spinning a lot and not winning at all. My FCM just seems to slow the bleeding for me and helps me pace myself and usually walk away with something. I almost always have a stop loss in mind, so that's also why I keep a written tally of where I stand, so I know when to quit.

Definitely too tedious for some, but I'm a bit of a bean counter, so it works for me! :p

Vegasworm

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic trip report as usual! Looking forward to your next one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful trip report! And seriously, stop with the cuteness! Your girls are adorable, we also have all girls, although younger, we cant wait to go on trips like this when they get older.

• Love Love x 1
  15. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegasworm;

I remember two years ago following your report as we packed and prepared for our family trip to Vegas. As I again started checking the VMB in prep for our family going back to Vegas in July, I was very happy to see your recent report. I will work my way through it tomorrow!

And we went on a Disney Cruise last August, and it was wonderful. Take care.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got around to reading the rest of this! A great live TR! I dunno how you do it!

Yeah I couldn't keep up with the other TRs when I was in Vegas. I wish I could have met up with more people, but I felt like we were running around most of the time. I couldn't find the time to meet up with @Geogran either. :(

Did you get any pics of the girls trying Beverly? Hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  17. lynne24

lynne24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there...

First I want to say, great TR!! I truly enjoyed it as the hubby and I make trips both with & without the kids so I enjoy reading everyone else's reports for ideas.

Quick question...what does the cabana host do for you, why did you tip $100?

I only ask because we will be getting our first cabana (by the lazy river) during our stay in August and my host has already set it up, completely comped. So I just want to plan accordingly if I need to tip anyone other than our waitress.

Thank you! :)

18. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @lynne24, honestly the cabana host(s) do very little in my opinion. They check you in and walk you to the cabana, but it's mostly the food servers/cocktail waitresses who help you the most during the day.

We've done cabanas at Luxor, Excalibur, Mandalay Bay, and Bellagio and all times there has been a line on the invoice to tip the cabana host. Sometimes you get this at the end. At MB this most recent time, it was a little awkward because I had prepaid the cabana online a few months prior, but I received the invoice showing the prepaid charge and then was asked what method of payment I wanted to use for food and beverage charges for the day. There was also the line to tip the cabana host on the invoice that I was expected to sign. This all happened when we checked in.

This cabana was the most expensive one we have done at $375. There were also 5 of us. On the fly, I just put $100 which I think is excessive considering, but I also was doing it on the spot with the guy watching me. Embarrassing and awkward. Thankfully, the two cabana hosts turned out to be some of the best we've had. They checked on us several times, refilled our ice bucket, brought extra waters, replaced diet sodas with regular ones, and were very friendly. I guess I felt better about tipping that amount as a result. A bit unusual to tip before you've received service though.

I believe I tipped $50 to the cabana host at all of our other cabana experiences. I'm not sure what I'll do at our upcoming trip to the Bellagio. Our cabana for two is $300, so I may be prepared ahead of time and do $60 which would be 20 percent.

I would say tipping at the cabana is my least favorite part of the experience. It's expensive already and then you're just shelling out more in gratuities, but I guess that's Vegas in general.

Soooo....be prepared to tip the Cabana Host and the Cocktail Waitress/Server who will take your food and drink orders all day and then bring you the bill at the end of the day with a line to add gratuity. A lot of times, we have had servers from the kitchen actually be the ones to bring out our lunch, but since I close out our tab at the end of the day, I haven't tipped them separately.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. We'll be doing a cabana next Tuesday. I can't wait!

Vegasworm

P.S. Sweet that your cabana is comped!

• Like Like x 1
  19. lynne24

lynne24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback...I don't mind tipping, I just wasn't sure how it worked. I'm so glad I saw your experience first...I hate those awkward moments when you're caught off-guard and usually I'm trying to get my husbands attention to ask his opinion on tipping and he's unaware of what's going on so we just end up staring at each other!! lol

Yay for cabanas in the summer!!!

Enjoy your next trip...I look forward to the TR again! :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just caught up on your report......and it is fabulous!!

Your family is adorable!! A wonderful family vacation. Looking forward to your next report and kudos to keeping bankroll in tact for your next trip.

Poor elevator guy....no good deed goes unpunished.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.