1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Peppermill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mr jjj, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeyshed

monkeyshed Highest Vegas Slot Jackpot in 45 Trips = $650

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like to go to the Fireside Lounge, a classic old-school type of lounge. Great to chill and have a drink or two, especially during happy hour, where the drinks were half price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "cheaper priced food" has not been my experience, but I guess that is subjective and it may be true relative to its neighbors on the Strip. I will agree with most that it's a pretty good value given the portion sizes, and it's certainly a lot of fun and one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. You can check the menu to draw your own conclusions.
    As for advice: get the nachos.

If the prices are too dear for you, there's a very inexpensive version in Henderson called the Rainbow, but it doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi.

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will also comp some drinks playing vp at the bar. Think it's just beer and well with $20 through iirc

4. dcdrogers

dcdrogers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is ON the strip. Between Encore and Circus Circus. There's a very nice Ross beside it.

I like to get the traditional breakfast. Meat (sausage/bacon), eggs, hash browns and choice of bread (toast, muffin, or bagel). All for $13.50. It's a huge meal and can easily feed 3 people. Depending on what you want they have a very small senior/kids menu. Doesn't offer much, maybe 4 or 5 options, but you can get the above at approximately half the price at $6.95. Only different is that you get toast...no other bread options. The meal portions are smaller, but can still feed 2 people easily. I love their coffee also.

Worth a stop each trip.

~Dee

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  5. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try their Walnut Creek Salad....I don't normally get excited about salad but this is the best one I have ever had.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's neither cheap nor expensive. I go almost every visit. Many times solo and like sitting at the counter watching them hustle. Omelets. Basted eggs. Waffles. Fruit plate. Biscuit gravy. Hash. All good. Have thoroughly enjoyed everything I've gotten except the Chicken Fried Steak. They put saussage gravy on it instead of plain white gravy. Apparently most places in Vegas do that. I just put the gravy on the toast and happily carried on.

20171207_105422.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  7. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious where are you from?

Every country fried steak I ever had was with sausage gravy. [Chicago]

Just curious if that was a regional thing

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lounge is amazing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Evening gown. Not a flannel plaid night gown like my grandfather.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

Unless you’re SUPER-hungry, split everything! Their portions are ridiculous huge - bordering on HHAGG huge, but less pricey. Make sure you spend time in the Fireside Lounge - have a scooby doo or some crazy menu drink and just imagine Vegas back in the hey-day when THAT was the go-to spot for the deal makers. Enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virginia. But have also lived many years in Louisiana and Florida. Peppermill was first time with sausage gravy. They state it in the menu, but I didn't see it. Ellis Island does it that way, too. If you're down here and curious to try it "our way", heep an eye out for an Huddle House.

12. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been for breakfast, but as stated, the food is excellent and portions are big.

My advice if going for breakfast, especially on a weekend morning, is call in advance and make a reservation, otherwise you'll be waiting in line for quite a while.

TFK

13. Keith Bird

Keith Bird Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love the place and look forward to dinning there in Aug. during our trip. If you like "Old School" Give the White Cross (aka Vickies Dinner)a visit for an old school Burger and fries at a good price ;-)
    1700 S Las Vegas Blvd

14. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was going to ask where in Virginia, since the only place I've seen Huddle House in VA in SW, then I saw that you do, in fact, live in SW Virginia. I don't see a whole lot of Virginians on the board. Hello from Harrisonburg!

Will try a Huddle House one of these days, but don't tell my doctor.

15. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello from Roanoke. I mentioned HH because wanker751 is from chicago and those travelling along 75 (and 95) will come across one. I don't tell my doctor either.

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I haven't eaten in the restaurant. We're like, let's take a peek at the lounge. Couldn't leave! Those velour couches around the fire pit sucked us in! We're like oh, let's have a snack and a cocktail. Giant mofo cocktails and a massive volcano of nachos! Really enjoyed it. Picture of us at the lounge is on my fridge. I wish we had gotten ourselves dolled up for it. Next time.

17. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their pancakes are the size of a garbage can lid. Husband and I shared Chicken Fried Steak and eggs, and ONE pancake and we couldn’t finish it all. And we are not dainty eaters by any stretch.

Have been several times and will definitely go back.

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. shermanleroy

shermanleroy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there for first time last December, Saturday before new year's they said it would be a 20 min. wait around 9am, but table was ready in 5 min. We were checking out the cool fireside lounge when they called us for our table, by the time we left there was no where to sit around the fire. $105.00 without tip for 4 people breakfast & 4 alcohol drinks (one was a double) The food was really good, (I had waffle & hash browns & was able to eat it all) The omelets were HUGE. We plan on going back next trip!

19. WWGB

WWGB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Until I read your post, I didn't even know they took reservations. Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the website.... we are between the Wynn and The Riviera

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.