1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How I'm saying goodbye (to myVegas)

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by DaiLun, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I paid (bought) enough chips to get to VIP level and redeem (close out) my account with a "custom". For 5M LPs, I will be getting a $1000 mLife gift card.

I will have about 400K left, enough for a two night stay in case I need a "no obligation" room after 9/30. (mLifes year starts 10/1 and runs through 9/30.

It's been a fun 4 years, at the start mLife allowed myVegas to participate in the HGS (Holiday Gift Shoppe), and I was able to get $1800 worth of HGS points each year, but they discontinued that. Now that they've quantified what it takes to get to VIP level 7, and I've quantified what the LPs are worth, I think I'll keep the $$$ for "real" gambling.

So, next week, I'm taking my myVegas Host and her boss (my original host) to lunch at Julian Serrano's Tapas as a "goodbye" lunch.

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your posts on myvegas have been what kept me playing for the most part. Trying to build my LP's up just in case in the future I want to spend a bit and get to a higher VIP level. Just wondering if you were just starting out would you do it all again?

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
  3. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i never said hello

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, I wouldn't do it again, unless the games were so COMPELLING that I couldn't put them down. The rewards are just "not there" for me.

Just like I am quitting Playtika games (CET's equivalent of myVegas), because the games are getting less and less satisfying.

For the record, it would cost about $1100 to make it from level 0 to VIP level 7, the level that gets you a host. (less LPs earned)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm saying goodbye as well. I've got four comps on my upcoming stay (Aria two nights, LOVE 50% off tickets, Jewel nightclub admission, Hyde drink BOGO/two comp entries), and just over 175,000 LPs remaining. I figure I can knock a few more room comps out of that balance on some upcoming trips. But other than that, I'm done.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just posted about the Aria 2 nights I've used, as I'm getting rid of all my points, too.

Got a bunch of food rewards for $50/75/100 off, and tickets for Terry Fator & Shark Reef.

Grabbed a $300 F&B with the other 2.5m I had left after all those.

I missed out on the glory years, as I didn't use any points during those trips, however, it has been fun :)

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand how you feel and your approach to it. I thought about it too.

However, and I'm going to get tomatoes thrown at me and told how wrong I am (Jane, you ignorant slut.) but, the numbers are going down and offers are getting better...even for the likes of me.

I would advise patience. Go ahead with your plan but keep a hand in. You might be surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends on what you "need". I have comps at several properties, so rooms and food were never my "need". That's why the 500K HGS points were something that made sense for me.

9. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still value for us 'once or twice a year, normal (low roller) players'! I read the OP reports and can't even dream of those levels of play or points, etc. For me, travelling once a year from the UK, the value add of a few freebies for the sake of playing once a day is definitely worth it. Each to their own I guess....a bit like Vegas!

• Like Like x 5
  10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm basically saying reconsider quitting. But, yeah, if you're comped that changes your needs for sure. I've been comped only a few times.

11. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and the OH have about 6 million between us and only 4 rewards each. He’s a 5 and I’m 4. No way we can get a custom reward to use them up. Going 2x a year for 6 weeks means we can get 8 rewards each trip with careful planning, but last trip (a short one) we hardly used any. We will probably plod in keeping them live but not playing much until they are gone or completely worthless.

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can actually use 6 rewards. I still have about 3 million in LPs left after redeeming multiple times a year since the start. (Including a 2 mill GC Heli).

However the last several trips I have only managed to even use about 3 per trip. I believe last trip I used Love Ticket, NFI meal and Dolphin habitat snack bar. Returned the rest.

No real desire for rooms as I can get 5 nights CET with no resort fees for free when I go (plus offer extras if any line up with trip). I did try to find a 2 night that would work for November just for the heck of it. Of course nothing lines up with my dates near marathon.

13. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've enjoyed reading your experiences using MyVegas!

14. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

I have been playing forever, have over 6 Million LP. How do I reach VIP level?

15. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to "buy" your way in. As I said earlier, it costs about $1000 to go from level 0 to VIP level 7 (including earned LPs). Level 7 gets you a host.

16. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

Wow
    Wow! Do you know where the current VIP level is shown on the app?

17. jackcrack

jackcrack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the emerald icon at the top of the screen.

18. TuscaloosaJohnny

TuscaloosaJohnny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My main frustration with myVEGAS is that I almost always travel to Vegas solo each summer for the WSOP, but the majority of good offers are BOGOs that I can’t use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How was lunch at Julian Serrano ?

20. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.