1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where does Lebron go this offseason?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by charlestfuller, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Have heard" (hey... our President uses it) that LBJ's kids have enrolled in school in LA. He's got 2 homes there, one of which he's been recently dropping some serious coin into. Many do think he'll return to Cleveland with significant changes, I'm just not one of them... I don't think the legacy of Lebron will be confined to The Land, with a short stop-over in Miami. We'll know in a few months.

2. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the family is the wild card. If they want to move to LA (I knew about the homes but not school) then I think that is where he ends up. I think the wife and kids are the only thing more important to the King than being the white knight.

I would think, however, that the Clippers could make a really interesting case. I know the Lakers are who everyone is attaching him to BUT the Clip have a lot of financial flexibility and could offer him the chance to spend freely in free agency to build his team instead of playing with 'a bunch of kids' with the Lakers. That doesn't make it more likely, I mean it is the Clips, but it would be interesting.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with everything you stated... but it's this part, I REALLY agree with... "it IS the Clippers"... I know they're not the Clippers of the 80's and 90's now and have a great, reasonably new owner, but the Clippers is where I'd expect an old, broken-down player like Paul Pierce to finish out a career... not a LeBron, he's still playing at an extremely high level. It's gonna be interesting to follow-along for sure. He will instantly change a team's fortunes... still.

As a Warriors fan, I'm probably also pretty biased against the Clippers as well... I'll admit.

4. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clippers salary is at $108,597,922 next season.
    LAL are at $34,564,080
    So who do you think has financial flexibility?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another summer of Lebron.
    My hopes are he does sign with the Lakers. I just don't think that a Lebron/PG + Ball/Kuzma/Ingram can get it done in a loaded Western conference.
    In this modern NBA, it will take 3+ players to get the job done.
    I wouldn't rule out him going to Houston which would make them instant contender with GS.

6. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As weak as Lebron is, I could see him siging with Golden State next year.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weak?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dwyane Wade thinks lifestyle trumps basketball for James">Dwyane Wade thinks lifestyle trumps basketball for James
    On Sunday, his close friend Dwyane Wade said that he believed family and lifestyle will trump basketball in James’ free-agent decision.
    None of that information adds up James taking his family to a place he doesn’t like in spite of it being potentially the most lucrative basketball decision.

9. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The number isn't firm on the Clip side. Some of that is player options that still have to be picked up. Most of it is one year deals that could be dealt as needed. I don't remember the exact details but back when they made the Griff deal there was a bunch of articles written about how that set them up to be big spenders this off season with a little work or next season without an issue.

10. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    - about 42m in Option contracts then it's about 67-68million but 37 million or so is PLAYER Option so LAC can't do anything about that. No real superstar player will go because they have no track record of doing anything.

11. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like I said... they are the Clippers. I don't expect them to get anything and I expect them to overpay for nothing. That said, it would be more interesting than him going to the Lakers and the Clip have cap space and assets they could trade away. I'm not sure what/who the Lakers would be willing to trade away or stash on the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.