1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report w/ Wsop Event #11.... 6/2-6/5

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by 5betlight, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Won the dealer button and the first hand... this may just be ment to be

3. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wrong ....lol stright draw/flush draw all in on the turn.... I'm rebuying

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  4. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 rebuy, 2 massages, and 3 drinks.... I'm having a great time but making no progress 15k I'm chips with 300/600 blinds level 6...playing to 21 levels

5. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won the last 2 hands of level 6... 65k.... 1/3 of the way to a min cash...lol 20180603_210416.jpg

Attached Files:

6. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On break atop by the Amazon room to watch the 10k omaha 8/b.... all the names are out

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice start! Keep it going!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  8. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did am interview with poker news cause I busted 2 other players in a 3 way all in .... sitting on 156k and I have Scott Clements to my right. 20180603_223319.jpg .. level 10

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  9. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    210k.... pretty sure I'm the chip leader...poker news keeps coming by.... lets build a stack. Getting moved tables...108 people left in level 14 20180603_234850.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ran my queen high flush into a ace high flush for 300k... down to 140k... but 25 from the money would be pretty cool to cash in this thing

11. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5/10k blinds but o have 49k... 5 from the money

12. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Busted in 66th 2 away from the money... it kinda hurts. But I'm ok with it I got it in good.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a memorable evening, if nothing else, even if it was a disappointing finish. How did the hand play out where you lost 3/4 of your stack with the Queen high flush? Were stacks in before the flush landed?

14. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn nice run, too bad about the suckout knockout.

I'd also be interested in the big cooler Dave asked about.

15. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So after a night of tossing and turning and beating myself up for getting so close to glory and then having it slip through my hands, I'm feeling better now. I'm still up big for the trip, I learned alot for my first PLO tourney. And I still have 15 hours left in vegas.... Screenshot_20180604-085346.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast /shave / shower then it's time to hit the felt

17. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my first two tables I was able to beat up/push off/ basically have my way with and I built my stack to 320k at its highest point. The last table I got moved too had 4 professional poker players, not like espn pro names but like this how I pay my bills pros, then 2 guys that basically were not playing hands, and one older gentleman that made it very clear he was just happy to be thier, the more you play cards you notice little things like the guys that stack chips in stack of 10 not 20 are always basic ABC players. Any way the older gentleman was on my left and the only easy spot at the table. Blinds are 4k/8k I pick up QT98 2 hearts. I open to 19k he calls everyone else folds. Pot is 50k. I flop the flush with no redraw and decide I'm going to get a much value as I can not just try to get him to fold. I bet the same 19k on the flop he calls. Pot is 88k I bet a little bigger in case he has a set to charge him for the boat draw with my plans of down betting the river when it dosent pair.i bet 65k on the turn, he is fumbling with his chips and calls. Pot is about 210k and dosent pair the board. Now alot of guys would check a queen high flush here cause ita not the nuts and they would just be happy with the pot but that's not how you build a stack, this is the only spot at the table I have a clear skill advantage over so I have to max that. I bet 80k into a 210k pot hoping for value, he jams for 70k more. I snap fold even though I'm getting 5 to 1. Cause he has it, he has too, he has to have it cause he never making a move here, if your going to get thin value you have to be able to get away. I fold he shows the ace high flush. I have about 140k left and I'm still in the tourney with work to do. Hope this hh makes sense as im going off memory not notes but it was the most pivotal hand I played in the tourney

18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sucks about the bustout. :( Hope you can have a nice run to wrap up the trip!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting hand. Thanks for sharing. I agree with many points you've made as far as playing the hand. I think the only thing I would definitely change was your bet sizing on the turn because it put you in an awkward spot for sizing on the river.

I think a better way to play a non-nutted hand would be 18k flop, 30k turn and b/f about 50k on the river (if you think the value is very thin you could even bet 30k again on the river). I understand you want to build a stack but tournaments are a mixture of chip accumulation and survival, you can't neglect one for the other. You're giving him the chance to play a set perfect by betting 35-40% of pot, but remember that you're playing a range, and not a specific hand, and if you include smaller flushes and 2p/straight/wrap hands in his range, then a 35-40% bet on the turn is still denying him the proper equity to call.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying this poker report.....awesome run and thanks for sharing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.