1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How about them Golden Knights!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by JRRestoule, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTD122418

RTD122418 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder where they'll choose to put the Knights winning Cup on display in Las Vegas.... Maybe a Bellagio Conservatory NHL Stanley Cup Theme?

2. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG now I'm cheering for the Lightning to beat the Caps. If that happens Vegas will be playing 2 games at home while I'm there! Go VGK!!!!

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whether you are inside or outside of Tmobile it looks like an amazing party.

I was rooting for the Caps last night to tie the series, put a few more hours of down time for the Knights over their opponent. I will root for the Lightning now :beer:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly! We're thinking of watching it from the Beerhaus. The atmosphere will be amazing!

5. momo325

momo325 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so idk what to do now, please help everyone...

i'm coming from Toronto and want to see them WIN the cup.
    at first i was thinking being there for game 5/6/7 i would be "safe"
    but i looked at the score on previous games where VGK played the 2 possible teams and the knights won all 4 games...

so now im thinking there is a chance of them winning in 4 games (i know im super optimistic but i have faith in the boys)

what to do what to do....

6. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

As a Chicago Blackhawks fan, I've played this game before:D Done it a number of times in the Jordan-era NBA too:D:D, so I have some experience in the ticket chase and having to put money where mouth is.

The odds are you'll see a cup in game six. In final series, the loser is always good for a game or two, even when outclassed by a better opponent. And when it comes to Caps/Bolts, those aren't weak/soft teams, and can be expected to put up a serious challenge. If I am given an opportunity to buy only ONE pair of tickets for a final round series in advance of that series, I would buy game six. The rub is that 5/6/7 alternate cities and Vegas is a helluvalongway from TB/DC so if you're "cup chasing" you're gonna be logging some serious miles. Not to mention an exponential uptick in secondary market ticket prices if the home team gets set up for a cup winner. In Vegas those will go to the moon.

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope members of the Lightning and the Capitals are reading this.

8. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tickets for Vegas home games are already listed at $800+. I love the team and would love to go, but no way am I paying $1600 for a pair of worst seat in the house tickets for a single game even if I can afford it.

9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that is way too high, but there are people who won't even bat an eye and pay it.

10. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife's friend plans on going if the game lands on a day they're in town. My wife told them the prices and they didn't even bat an eye. "Yup, we're going no matter what".I didn't bother when I was there for game 5 against San Jose. It wasn't my team so I wasn't paying $300 to watch hockey. People were shocked at me for not doing so, but I don't foolishly throw my money away at all things hockey... all the time.

11. lawfive

lawfive Moo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking they have to do something uniquely vegas, like this.

You have to know the parade would be right down the strip. Maybe downtown, too.

I think they should buy the cup into a WSOP event and let it sit there in the chair until it blinds out. The media frenzy for that would be incredible. Heck, the WSOP can sponsor that buy in as advertising.

12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea. Las Vegas can make the Stanley Cup into something cheap and tawdry, just like everything else it comes in contact with.

13. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No surprise that tix are that high. Pretty normal in a major market. They will be much higher if an opportunity to win the cup at home comes along.

If they play the Lightning tix for the games in Tampa will be half the money.

If Vegas fans are willing to travel to the visiting arena in a case of being set up for a Vegas cup win, tix will be relatively cheap, too. The last minute flights might bite but the ticket prices (road team set up for cup win in game four, five, or six) tend to drop like a stone.

15. RTD122418

RTD122418 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A request for pics/video of outside the T mobile arena and LV Blvd after a winning game in the finals... so if you're there doing a TR during home games share with us the excitement. Thanks.

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, that's the way sports are becoming though. If the Blues ever make the Cup Final, I can see it out of my price range for sure. :(

I'm glad I bought World Series Game 1 tickets near face value in 2011. Because now the Cardinals will probably want at least double it ($225/ea upper deck behind the plate). It was a fun experience, but I know I'll never, ever, ever do it again for myself. I would rather go save for Vegas. Lol Maybe I would do it...if I have a kid that really wanted to go.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  17. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Looking at the schedule for the Stanley Cup, I may see the opportunity to bet on the GKs! I hope so they take it

18. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still trying to get past this. Internet anonymity is your friend in Hogtown.

20. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One period to go.... Yes I'm rooting for the Caps so Vegas gets home ice in the finals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.