1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Very Long Report Last Day LOVE!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LVLady, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Day 7 Friday June 16th: Usually by this time we are done with Vegas and can’t wait to get home to the kids (okay so they have four legs, they are still the kids!!), not so this trip. Neither of us wanted it to end! It seemed to be one of those perfect trips, where all you do is have fun! From start to finish it was a good time! I think with the last few years, with the storms, moving, changing careers and DH working 70 hours a week during the winter months, we had just forgotten about the important things in life…..which is spending good quality time together. Sure we have fun sometimes, but this trip was special. It was like a second honeymoon. My father in law did his own the thing the time he was with us and we had 3 days completely to ourselves, no one to have to pick or go meet for dinner, we could just do what we wanted. Usually my friend Linda and her Husband Marc are with us on our trips, but Linda is expecting so they weren’t with us this trip….As much as I love them both, and my father in law, it was great to have the time to ourselves.
    We woke up about 10am and decided to go to Silverton, they owed me a meal and we figured Breakfast at the Café would be good and it was!! DH had steak and eggs, coffee and juice, I had coffee and eggs, hashbrown and bacon. The bill would have been $22 if we were paying. Total cost was a tip. Nice way to start out the day. After eating we played some blackjack. I had a nice run and won some money, which was a pattern this trip I really liked!!! After blackjack I tried some Pai Gow, no luck so we left. We love the Silverton, it is a great place to play. Very clean, high ceilings good drink service and great pit bosses and dealers………One of the pit bosses remembered my husband as the one who didn’t have the bonus bet down last year when he was dealt 5 aces!! Ooooops…..He would probably kill me for repeating the story, but that was just one more ugly loss in a trip we didn’t do so well on!! I like to remind him, how that win could have covered our room at Mirage. One of the other pit bosses said if he didn’t have the bet out and others had the envy bet, he would have folded his hand unless they gave him $25 a piece!! LOL The one guy who won off my husband, had $5 out there and didn’t even thank him.
    Anyway, we left Silverton and headed to Bellagio. We parked the car and went over to the Fontana to say hello to Diane. DH went and played Star Wars The Dark Side, he said it is very addicting. After he joined me, we decided to walk across to BC and play a bit. He played I sat and played some VP. Nothing happening there, it was about 3 and we had show reservations, so we went up and showered and changed, I watched the Fountains and we headed back to the Fontana. I played a little VP had a lemon drop and DH had a Bombay and Tonic, then we were going to go to Wynn, but on the way decided to stop at the Westin…….Down $40 without a cocktail it was now 4:30 and we headed out. Off to Wynn, on the way we decided just to go to Mirage, we wanted to eat something before the show and traffic on a Friday night wasn’t pretty. Got to the Mirage and made it to Stack just as they were opening. We decided to sit at the bar, the bartenders were great and I started out with a Cucumber Martini which was yummy and refreshing. DH had a Bombay and Tonic. We were supposed to just get some picky foods before the show and then were going to go to Bootleggers….I ordered the Tomato Soup with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich, DH had the wings, we also split the Pigs in a Blanket and an order of fries…I meant to order the Adult Tater Tots but forgot. After our “snack†we decided to give dessert a try, my husband loves jelly donuts so he ordered them and I had the apple pot pie and a S’Mores Martini. Both were awesome, and his jelly donuts were yummy!!!!!! I ended up ordering another Martini and he had a cup of coffee. We talked to a very nice couple at the bar from England, they were here celebrating her 40th birthday, which happened to be that day. It was a nice chat. We then got the check, total with all the drinks and the food including tip was $98. It wasn’t the Foundation Room, but it was just as good in a simple way. There is something about comfort food that makes you smile. We will definately go back to try the steaks etc.
    Now for the show. As you walk into the theater everything is very 60’s looking, on the ceiling is a Union Jack Flag (not to be confused I guess with the English Flag which is simply Red and White). The ticket takers were in Lovely Rita Meter Maid costumes. I thought I wanted a program, but DH didn’t want one so I didn’t stop (there is a reason for me putting this in here, continue reading). The guys and girls behind the concession stand were in tie dyed shirts and everything was chrome looking. I got a Fiji water and headed up the stairs to the theater. The theater is in the round, though nothing is very far apart. I stopped in the ladies room, where I heard complaints about only have 3 stalls, all the women agreed a man must have designed the ladies room or loo. We got to our seats and someone stuck a heart on my husbands forehead. We apparently got there late because later I saw people with stamps on their faces and rubber flowers stuck to their shirts. I wish we had gotten there a little earlier. Or to our seats a few minutes earlier. The show started a few minutes later. I won’t go into detail for those of you who may want to be surprised, but I will say it was incredible. The mix of music and costumes and dancing and acrobatics was just awesome! When they did Octopus’ Garden I was mesmerized. It was truly awesome! The show last about 90 minutes and the finale was just awesome!!! Email me if you want more details, I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but to say, if you go and you are not on your feet at the end I would be very surprised!! I left with a huge smile on my face and a better understanding of the great music the Beatles created. My only disappointment was that we had originally had tickets the night before and Sir Paul McCartney had been in town that night. Who knows maybe he was celebrating his birthday a few days early!! The only downer in the show was the couple next to us who just didn’t get into it at all. My foot was taping the whole time and I caught myself singing along at times, it really was awesome! My husband enjoyed it much more than I thought he would. He has always wanted to see a Cirque show, but we never got around to it, and with the reviews of this I thought he would be disappointed. As we were leaving the theater he went and found us a program, it appears he wants a shadow box to remember the show by!! HE LOVED IT!!! When we left and were waiting at Valet we were talking to others who had seen the show, they were in the upper balcony last row and they said their seats were great too. It doesn’t appear that there is a bad seat in the house. We will definitely be going back to see it! Honestly it was the perfect ending to our trip.
    But wait, it wasn’t over yet, after leaving we decided to go gamble some more, so back to Silverton we went. Once again it was a winning session. We played for a few hours and sadly made our way back to the Bellagio. I went by the Fontana to play some more and couldn’t do anything right!! Or was it the annoying people that kept coming up to me asking for a cigarette or just standing too close. The music was good, but my money didn’t last so I enjoyed my last lemon drop of the trip and went to play Star Wars…the dark side machine was taken so I played the regular version. I won enough to make back what I had lost at the Fontana and decided to call it a night. I got back to the room and read Marley and Me, a book my husband got me for my birthday about a wonderful yellow Lab. I finally drifted off to sleep about 2:30 am.
    We woke up a 8:30 and finished packing (my wonderful husband had packed the night before!!) and took our bags to the car. We stopped by the Fontana and said good-bye to Diane and we headed for the airport. DH’s flight was an hour after mine so he dropped me off and went to fill up the tank and drop the car at dollar. We said our good-byes when he dropped me off and I sailed through security. It was sad because after the best trip we have ever had we were not leaving together 
    I made it back home and 4 days later I am still trying to recover as I did not get in until 1am Eastern time and didn’t get to sleep until after 4 am. I had to say hello to the dogs and play with them a bit, then the dog sitter got in from work and we chatted since she was leaving to move back to Utah on Sunday….
    Thanks to all who took the time to read this extra long report. We had a blast and I loved reliving it!!

2. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the great TR! I enjoyed it all! And, I'm glad you liked LOVE! We are seeing it in a couple weeks and are very excited for it!

I also loved your choice of tomato soup and grilled cheese! That sounds like the perfect meal at the end of a long vegas trip (espeically when paired with some cocktails..) :)

Glad you had a great time! I love those kind of trips where everything just seems to work perfectly (like our last time... we are worried our next trip won't live up to the hype.. but we'll try to make it even better than before!)

3. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you should say that, I was just talking to my husband and said that I am not sure we should ever go again, I can't picture a trip being as good as this one was!!
    BTW I highly recommend Stack before the show, especially if you are going to the early show, the food was wonderful, we will definately be eating there again! Since you are seeing LOVE can you promise me you will get up for the last song???

4. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were already planning on heading to Stack before the show (yes, we are hitting the early show). And, we'll probably get the exact same food choices :)

As for getting up for the last song... it's the Beatles, it's Cirque, if it's half as good as I'm hoping, I'm sure we'll be standing! The clip of the show they have on the Mirage site was enough to get us super jazzed up about going! We are very excited about seeing it and were quite happy to see a glowing review of the show. :)

5. RonNJ

RonNJ MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for Sharing

Thanks Ann for all of your trip reports, I truly enjoyed reading every one of them and can't wait for it to be my turn in August :)

With all the hustle and bustle all year long, it's good to get away, just my wife and myself, and get to know each other again. Life is so hectic all year long. When we went on the Golden Princess in April, we actually sat by the pool and beach and talked! We had dinner in the dining room on the ship and...talked again!

I know what you mean about getting home to your 4 legged friends. Unfortunately, I had to put my beautiful Yellow Lab to sleep a few weeks ago, and I miss her so much :cry:

Everytime I walk in the house, I expect her to great me, and then I realize she's not here.

Glad you had a great time.

Ron

6. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ron you just put tears in my eyes, I can't tell you how sorry I am for you. My two are Labs and they are just too sweet.....
    Thanks for taking the time to read my trip report, I wasn't sure anyone would hang in long enough to read the whole thing!! LOL
    When in August are you headed out??

7. RonNJ

RonNJ MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas

Thanks Ann for your condolences, My 'Sami' was also such a sweet girl. I still can't believe she's gone. She definately took a piece of my heart with her. I didn't want to leave the room, when the Vet gave her the injection, so while my wife and son left..I stayed. As he was pushing on the syringe, she looked up at me, gave me two big licks on my lips and went to sleep.

Anyway....

I'll be heading to Vegas on August 28 till Sept 2nd. If my math is correct, you'll be there a week before me. How long will you and DH be there? Maybe we can meet and have a drink somewhere. You know the town better than me so....Your choice :)

Ron

8. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless I can extend our trip, which I am trying to do, we will gone by the time you get there. However if we are there the same time, I would love to meet up depending on where you are staying I can think of many places!!

Ron, you actually made me cry with your story.........Sami sound alot like my Maggie.

9. RonNJ

RonNJ MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll keep my fingers crossed, that you can extend your stay, and hopefully we can meet somewhere for a drink (or two) :)

Were staying at The Bellagio, so hopefully you know some places near there to go

Sorry..Didn't mean to make you cry...Sami left us the day after Mother's Day...I never thought it was going to be this hard getting over losing her

Ron

10. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't apologize, I just feell terrible is all..........I know the love you can have for your four legged children!!
    We would be staying at the Bellagio but the rates are too high the week we are going. If we don't get to meet up, please visit Diane at the Fontana VP Bar. She usually works the right side as you are walking up from 10-6 and makes great lemon drops. Pop a $20 in a play one $1 at a time if you want and she keeps the drinks flowing. Look for the machine ending in 72, it was very good to me! Now if we are there at the same time, back away from the machine and move one over!! LOL

11. crvtt771

crvtt771 Tourist

Thanks for the report. My wife and I are going back in November and being that this is our fourth trip with the last one being less than a year ago we thought we had it all figured out. Vegas truly does change evertime you go back and we had no idea LOVE was opening. We can't wait to see it, thank you!

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey Ann... I thought the Foundation Room was like a "members only" type of place...no? It sounded very kool :)

13. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

It is members only, one of the members at the club Dale runs got us the reservation. He insures half the workers on the 215 and knows tons of people out there. He also recommended T Bones out at RR.

14. Lori R

Lori R Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that it is open to the general public on Monday nights (I think it's Monday. Could be Sunday) after 10pm or something like that. When we stayed at the MB, last December, there was a huge crowd in the elevator lobby all waiting to go upstairs. We got "comp" passes from the front desk. I believe that the tickets came with our suite but there may be other ways to get them.

I've never eaten up there but I have gone up for drinks. The view from the deck outside the bar is enthralling.

Lori

15. PWiddy

PWiddy Low-Roller

yea its Monday nights its open to the public....it was nice up there but maybe since it was the first night of my trip and i was completely exausted...but I thought it was too crowded and just kinda meh....I would recommend MIX over it anyday for a view that is the same/much more laid back environment...(plus its free to get up b4 10pm).

16. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure I would want to be up there on Monday night. The night we were there it was not crowded, in fact it was perfect!! Maybe 30 people or so in the whole place. Of course it was early, but it was great!

17. PWiddy

PWiddy Low-Roller

oh wow...now i could get into that...the fact of being up so high...and so many people....kinda made me claustrophic. i was fairly uncomfortable to say the least. but if there were not as many people I can definately see how it would have been a nice relaxing environment.

18. evesixer

evesixer Guest

I am glad to finally hear a review on LOVE. It sounds awesome! i have to plan a trip just to see this, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.