1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hypothetical trip report... July 4th weekend, help me out!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by TC535i, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC535i

TC535i Tourist

My Trip Report

This is kinda a trip report... or what might develop into one!

We're going to Vegas to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday over the weekend before July 4th. Gonna actually head back to LA on the 3rd, I don't feel like sitting in crazy traffic on the 4th. I've got an idea what we want to do... but need to fill in some blanks. Let me know what you think of the plans, and any suggestions would be appreciated! We're going with a group of about 10-12... 3-4 couples and about 4 other guys. Most everybody in the group is between 21-28.

We're heading out Friday. We have the first 2 nights at the Hilton under the spa package, so 2 buffets, 2 spa entries, and a 25 minute massage. I booked Orleans for $50 on Sunday nite, never been there, want to get some points on a card, apparantly they're good with promo offers for cardholders.

Friday: Head out to Vegas around 9am or so. Check into the Hilton. See if we can't get some of those passport stamps and some food credits! Cruise around during the day. Meet up with the rest of the group at the Hilton buffet for dinner. Hit up Fremont Street for the remainder of the evening (some Vegas Virgins with us, gotta get them the full experience!)

Saturday: Do the spa thing, let the girlfriend get her massage. Cruise the strip, get some more passport stamps, some gambling, wander around aimlessly. Probably hit the pool... not much planned for the day.

Saturday nite: Meet the group at Hard Rock for dinner, girlfriend wants to go to Mr Lucky's... bought her a banana split there for her birthday once, she loved it, wants to continue the tradition! From there... a club? Not sure which, people aren't gonna want to spend TOO much $$... but I still want to do the Vegas-club-scene thing. Suggestions?

Sunday: Check out of Hilton, into Orleans. Wander around during the day, no real plans. Got 2 passes to their buffet, maybe do that for lunch or dinner, not sure... burn the 2 free bowling passes, dunno what else.

Monday: Lunch at Commanders Palace (already got reservations) for the 4-martini lunch, gonna try the 18.88 special... then head back to Los Angeles, maybe around 2 or 3.

So... any other must-sees? Using those dining credits isn't a HUGE deal, I'll be back in August, and they're good out to Oct 10th, so I can use em then... will be nice to grab some free food! Gonna try the $20 trick at Hilton, check in early as opposed to late before everything's booked up, gonna see if I can get a suite out of it... would be nice to have somewhere for our group (10-12 people) to congregate and "pre-party" before going out at nights. :) I've heard good reviews for the Prince cover band (Purple Reign was it?), maybe hit them up before the club on Saturday nite? Where are they? What else is around there club-wise that we could go to afterward?

That's all I got... let me know what you guys think!!

2. babygirl6152

babygirl6152 Tourist

3. TC535i

TC535i Tourist

Might be an option. I know a good number of the people in the group won't REALLY want to spend $20+ cover at a club and wait forever... they'd probably rather spend the cash on drinks. Maybe we'll just do something like this? I think the girls want to dance tho... This could be something for before the club, if the Prince thing doesn't pan out.

4. TC535i

TC535i Tourist

Oh yeah, gonna hit up Arizona Charlie's before we check in at Hilton to warm up my luck. :) Gotta love the security of $100 loss reimbursement!

5. njboy130

njboy130 Tourist

I totally agree with Babygirl. I LOVE the dueling piano's at Harrahs. My friends and I have so much fun every time we go there. Don't want to tell you how much our bar tab is at the end of the night. :wink2: But a good time is had by all whenver we go.

I will be there for July 4th weekend as well. No time for dueling piano's though......our nights are booked at the theater. Mamma Mia, and Phantom.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are other dueling piano bars, too. At NYNY and at Paris.

7. TC535i

TC535i Tourist

Been to the NYNY one. Fun, but that place gets CROWDED... took like 10 minutes to get a drink.

On the other hand, I won $200 on the blackjack machines just outside, so I can't complain. :)

8. TC535i

TC535i Tourist

Less than 24 hrs till I leave for the city that never sleeps... any other suggestions? We're "on the guest list" for Pure tomorrow nite, whatever that means... I'm sure we'll still be in line, maybe we don't pay cover?

9. DebB

DebB Low-Roller

Spa and spa services at Orleans are usually very good and less pricey than Strip properties, maybe you or at least the girlfriend should check it out!

10. TC535i

TC535i Tourist

Well, the Hilton package we got comes with a 25 minute massage and 2 spa entrances... and it only cost me $150 total for Friday and Saturday night!! We're not really into the spa thing (altho she loves massages), we're just doing those because they're included with our room.

11. JohhhnnyCash

JohhhnnyCash Guest

TC is probobly getting ready for the club right now, having some preparty drinks or maybe a warm up dinner. In such envy right now lol....

12. TC535i

TC535i Tourist

The $20 tip got us upgraded to a suite at the Hilton, complete with a wet bar.

Trip report to come, once I sober up and see what I can piece together of the weekend from pictures...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.