1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Sky Suites - 5/5-5/9 - Anniversary Trip Itinerary

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Universal, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We leave this Saturday for a trip to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. It doesn't seem possible that we are that old, but we have a great life together and are looking forward to another memorable trip to Vegas. I doubt this will be a live report, but I will at least type a report after the fact. We do not gamble much, so this will mainly be about having fun in various ways.

Here's a rundown of our itinerary:

Saturday:

We are flying American Airlines direct from Charlotte. We will arrive about 1:15 PM and will take the limo to Aria Sky Suites. Hopefully, our room will be ready, but we will leave our things with the bellman if not.

We have a Panoramic Penthouse reserved, which is my favorite room in the Sky Suites. Aria is showing as being sold out on the Mlife website the dates we are there, and I can't ever remember that being the case on past trips. I'm sure hosts still have some rooms set aside, but, clearly, it will be crowded on this trip, which only makes the Sky Suites experience more valuable.

Traditional first lunch at Five50 followed by a little shopping. My wife is getting her hair and makeup done at Aria Salon at 5:00 PM.

Dinner at Bardot Brasserie at 7:00 PM followed by the Pitbull concert at Zappos Theater in Planet Hollywood at 9:00 PM. The concert will be a surprise for my wife, who is a fan of his music and loves to dance, so I have no doubt she will love his show. We have great seats as well on the front row behind the VIP area near the center of the stage.

After the concert, we are meeting some friends who have a table reserved at Hakkasan for Tiesto.

Needless to say, this will be a tiring first night but should be a lot of fun.

Sunday:

We will likely have breakfast in the room and I have scheduled an IV rehydration for late morning to get over the inevitable hangover from the night before and give us some additional energy for the pool party to come.

We have a cabana reserved at Daylight at Mandalay Bay and Ludacris is performing that day. That will take up most of the day.

My wife is getting her hair and makeup done again around 5:00 at Aria Salon.

Following that, we plan to have drinks at Mandarin Bar followed by dinner at SW at Wynn. If we have the energy after dinner, we may hit a lounge after dinner, but my guess is we will end the night earlier after the previous 24 hours of activities.

Monday:

Either breakfast in the room or out somewhere if feeling up to it. We have a daybed reserved at Bare at The Mirage. Mondays are usually fairly laid back but fun. Lots of industry folks will be there.

Hair and makeup again for my wife at Aria Salon, followed by drinks at one of the lounges in Cosmo and dinner at STK for Magnum Mondays.

Tuesday:

Tuesday is a recovery day. We will have breakfast in the room and then hit Aria Spa around 9:30 AM. I am getting a massage and my wife a facial. We will hang around for a while afterward in the co-ed hot and cold pools.

After the spa, we plan to have lunch at Holsteins and then shop at Crystals and the Forum Shops. We will have an early dinner at Julian Serrano and cap things off at Baz in the Palazzo.

That's the plan going in. I'm sure there will be some deviation, but we should at least do most of the things listed above. Hopefully, my trip report will be interesting enough without much of any gambling info to include.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun and good luck!!!!!

3. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Universal, a very happy 22nd anniversary to you and your wife! This looks like quite the itinerary. Looking forward to lots of photos to capture this experience - especially the in-room breakfast at Aria. I'm staying at Aria for the first time in late June, and am very much looking forward to doing the whole "breakfast in bed" thing there, so I'd love to see your experiences on this trip.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  4. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tell my non Vegas friends you don't have to gamble in order to have a blast and cheaper than NY--LA--CHI. This TR will be proof of that, wow 2 kick ass concerts back to back and Hakkasan has definitely piqued my interest.

Popcorn is ready:popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got tired reading this! You two know how to have fun. Happy anniversary!

6. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To this day one of our best Vegas trips ever was getting a Sky Suite corner room for my birthday a few years ago. This sounds like a kick ass trip!

7. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Anniversary! I hope this is a great trip for you and your wife!

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love how you roll and I love your wife's salon appointments every day. It sounds like the ultimate pampering and fun trip. I hope you have a spectacular time. Happy 22nd anniversary!

9. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Happy anniversary. You have a great trip planned. Good luck.

I need all the luck I can get!
  10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy anniversary to you and your wife! The amazing thing about Vegas is that you don't have to gamble a dime to have the time of your life - there is so much to see and do, and it sounds like you have the perfect anniversary trip planned.

As someone who has stayed in the Aria Sky Suites numerous times, I would like to offer you a few tips from my own experience.

1. The Aria limo will take you to a private entrance leading to the private Sky Suites Lounge and check in area. When the limo pulls up, those bellman are already on top of things with a cart and are already unloading the luggage before you can even get out of the car - so if you want to take the luggage up yourselves, you can just let them know you don't want to check the bags just yet and see what happens at the check in desk. If the room is not ready you can bring the bags back out to them and they will hold them. Otherwise, you can just let them take the bags. The door to the luggage area is where the limo pulls up so it is private and secure.

2. The Sky Suite Lounge offers coffee, juice, pastries and fruit in the mornings. There are also refrigerators under the counter where the food is and you can get soft drinks, water and various juices etc. The refrigerator is stocked regularly by the attendants during the day, but I would advise you to grab some water and soft drinks for your room refrigerator early because if you go in the evening after the attendants have left, all the other guest have stripped those refrigerators bare like it was World War 2 and they got the last food rations. They also have wine, cheese and crackers available in the evenings in the Sky Suite Lounge.

3. The Sky Suites are beautiful rooms. The one issue I always had with them (and it has been a couple of years since I've stayed in one but I don't think this has been resolved) is that the curtains don't quite go all the way to the floor, so at 5am you get brilliant rays of Vegas sunshine streaming underneath the curtains, which does not work for me at all. I always pack earplugs and a sleep mask when I travel, just in case, because I need the room to be dark in order for me to sleep. I wanted to let you know in case you and your wife are disturbed by light when you sleep. I also pack a few binder clips in case a) the curtains don't stay closed - I just clip them together and Voila! or b) if I buy some snack like chips for the room I can use the clip to close the bag up.

Have a fantastic trip and I am looking forward to your report!

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    *duplicate post - deleted.

12. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are on the plane and due to arrive 1:15 Vegas time. Originally, our seats were not together but we played some musical chairs scored us two seats together on row one of first class.

Smooth flight so far and hopefully that will continue.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landed 25 minutes early. Always a bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We awere greeted with these balloons for our 22nd anniversary.

Didn't get the Panoramic Penthouse but we did get a One Bedroom Strip View Penthouse on the 56th floor as a no charge upgrade.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.