1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Eating without a reservation at Hell's Kitchen

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by landsburger, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then basically this means one of two things are going to happen.

1. You're not getting in during your trip, due to them being so flooded with reservations.
    2. You try your luck as a walk in and get lucky if the wait isn't 90 minutes.

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you try Open Table for a reservation? If not, give it a whirl just for the fun of it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

3. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback

We've been to his fish and chips place by Flamingo, which we liked. We also tried the Pub at CP but wasn't that impressed. I haven't taken her to his steak restaurant because I don't eat beef and his non-beef options didn't interest me. I still may try it though, but we love Jean George so usually end up there.

Thanks, and very well said! As is the $9 Naked juice I pay for there in a pinch ($3 usually). I've ate plenty of places in LV that were just ok, including the place I was most excited to try: Rao's.

Thanks. I did try them and it's all booked too. I think they showed the next as being early some Wednesday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I'd update the thread with what happened...

1. It turns out that they DON'T take walk-ups for tables.
    2. We were able to get a mid-day reservation
    3. My wife loved it - she loves the show, and the design is upscale while still playing off the show.

The service was good, as was the food. She had the beef wellington and sticky toffee desert (what he's known for). She said both were really good. I had the flattened chicken and mashed potatoes. The combo was good, although it's not something that I'd rush back to get (I find it near impossible to make a chicken dish that is amazing. I don't eat beef so I'm out of my element here).

The experience was worth the cost for us. The quality and presentation were all good. I'd rate Jean George higher, but it's my fav steakhouse.

We'd probably return with guests who were interested, or if we were there 3+ days and needed another option

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In March we had reservations and arrived 20 minutes early and was eventually seated about 5-10 minutes after set reservations.
    I suspect you could be on stand by but it could be a long wait.

6. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

seems they re hit and miss right now because they were taking walk ups for tables when we went

we got there 10 minutes early for our reservation and they sat us right away

7. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be clear, I heard them tell people on both days we were there that they were not talking walk-ins or waiting lists. That's not to say that doesn't change on slow days.

8. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was good for a one-time experience, but don’t think I’ll be going back. Service was good, but a little too good. We felt rushed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. snoop-a-loop

snoop-a-loop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Caesars and while I do most of my solo dining sitting at the bars, I did make a reservation because I do want to try it. Any thoughts on dining here solo?

10. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate solo here a couple of weeks ago. They sat me at a table that overlooked the strip. It was some of the best service I've had dining solo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. snoop-a-loop

snoop-a-loop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's so good to hear, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.