1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Kumi @ MB experience

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by KBT2012, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Kumi a few weeks ago at the Mandalay Bay and it was by far the best sushi experience I've had in Vegas. We tried the tuna pizza, crispy tuna, yellowtail serrano, and numerous rolls and sushi. Everything was fantastic. I haven't eaten at a number of restaurants that offer sushi in Vegas but I had eaten at Blue Ribbon Sushi @ Cosmo before it closed as well as Sushi Roku in the forum shops a number of times. I also have had a couple sushi rolls at RM Seafood which were surprisingly excellent. I really thought Kumi was the best in terms of how fresh the fish and flavor the fish was. I know this is a pretty vague review, I'm terrible at specific descriptors when it comes to food but I would recommend this place to anyone. I read several bad reviews on yelp (as with 95% of restaurants) that made me a little weary but man am I glad I went. As with any Vegas strip sushi restaurant it was expensive - same chef as Yellowtail at Bellagio and I think the menu is almost word for word the same so I would imagine the price is fairly similar. For 4 people our tab was around $550 - granted a couple of us have above average appetites, haha!

Anyway I'm probably better at answering questions than I am describing things in this thread. Also - anyone recommend any other sushi spots in Vegas? I've read about all the off the strip Omakese spots but I'm weary of going to those as I have a very large appetite and don't want to leave not full. I've wanted to try Morimoto and Mizumi but haven't ever gotten around to doing so. Honestly as good as Kumi was, I'll probably swing over to Yellowtail at the Bellagio next just for a different ambience.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My recommendation is Morimoto. This is the $100 sushi platter.

sushiplatter.jpg

Excellent in every way (it was comped, which added to the excellence).

• Like Like x 1
  3. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am curious if your bill of $550 was with alcohol or not? And if so, roughly how much of it is booze?

4. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks great, I may have to give Morimoto a go my next trip.

I believe there were maybe 4-5 drinks in that total. The appetizers - yellowtail, crispy tuna, and tuna pizza were all in the neighborhood of $30 ea. Rolls were $20-30 ea. We had 6-8 pieces of tuna sushi that were maybe $12 for 2 pieces. 4-5 alcoholic drinks and 3 coffees (don't remember how much any of that was, just remember looking at menu pricing for the food).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.