1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Friends that ruin Vegas for you?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brittpmc, there are no words. o_O

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I get your full name so I can nominate you for sainthood? Effing miracle there isn't a hole in the desert.... I shake my head....can't even....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen sister.

4. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't know the half of it... but he's gone now! Life is great. My blood pressure is much lower now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I planned a nice getaway for a few days in vegas. I got a suite at the Flamingo and things were really nice. My wife told her sister about our getaway and the next thing I know , my SIL surprises us at the airport with her own ticket. She said , you wouldn't mind if I stayed with you....would you? We get to the Flamingo, check in and go up to the suite and drop of our bags. We go back down and my SIL steps off the elevator ,slips and falls and shatters her kneecap. A day at the hospital and a flight home for her and we were free. KARMA is a bitch.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  6. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is her name Karma?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in a weird place when it comes to visiting Vegas right now. My wife enjoys Vegas but she's not much of a gambler so I can't just veg out and gamble or play poker for 12 hours straight. It ends up being that I have to plan my days out in blocks. I'll get her to do a massage/spa treatment for a few hours, and I'll get some play in. Then we might both play poker for a bit, and then it's off to dinner and a show. Then at night we may gamble a bit together and then go out for dessert. Stuff like this works, but it's only doable for 2-3 days. As a result, we've started doing split trips. One such trip recently, she met me after I had two days solo to get my own activities on while she was at a conference, and then we met in Vegas along with her brother and his girlfriend. We spent another day in Vegas, followed by a trip to Zion/Utah which was a blast. We finished with 1 full day in Vegas. It was a nice compromise.

I did a solo trip a few months ago for some poker tourneys and whatnot. By the end of day 5 I was ready to come home and I moved my flight up a day. I really do love my wife and kids a lot. It's hard to be away for so long. I had a great time but I don't think completely solo is an optimal trip for me either. I prefer the split solo/group trip we did.

My next trip is in June and it's a WSOP poker trip. I have a friend coming who's never been to Vegas but he's a professional poker player locally so I know he's good for a 12-15+ hour session. I think it'll be a great trip because we both drink, but not a ton, and we both are pretty chill. I also don't have to worry about us being on each other's schedule or anything as it'll generally line up that way anyway. We won't play poker together, but we'll probably end up having one or two meals a day, and I'll show him around town a bit. It'll be good to have some human interaction but still be able to do my own thing and not have to worry that I need to keep him entertained. He can handle himself. He's actually going to stay out there for another two weeks after I leave, too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the buddy invite themselves and complain about not getting free drinks. I kept saying play to drink but it wasn't in his plans. I finally did my deal and let him do his. The day before my flight I dropped him at the airport and pulled an all nighter to enjoy myself. Treated myself to a nice steak dinner and gained back half my losses. Sadly I covered his room and food all trip and he was still pissy. Next trip I go on he'll know about it after the fact. He also knew how I operate out there gambling all the time. That's on him for being a whine bag.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm easy to travel with, especially in Vegas. I always tell my companions they can choose what we do so long as it's drinking or gambling. :beer:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.