1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pull me in off the ledge for Donnie and Marie

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by rgrif57, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are heading to Vegas for the start of our out west vacation, the date coincides with my Michelle's birthday. She has been a Donnie Osmond fan since her childhood, as he and David Cassidy were her hearth throbs. I asked Amy to set up for her ** birthday tickets so we are now going to see Donnie and Marie. I would love to hear some reviews, thinking to myself my favorite groups were Pink Floyd, Chicago, Frampton types.
    Anything new (searched and nothing too new) and positive is appreciated..........Thanks

2. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am like you. My wife is like yours. She had a Donnie crush in her teens.

I took my wife to see Donnie and Marie last year. I sprang for front row seats. We were so close to the stage that, at one point, Donnie reached out to the audience and touched my wife's hand. We also did the meet and greet afterwards.

I have no regrets.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. We have pictures. My wife still talks about it. Donnie and Marie could not have been nicer at the meet and greet. The show was better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed it.

I will never regret the money I spent. If I hadn't given my wife this experience - that would be a regret.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at the Orleans a couple years ago when Donny was doing a solo show(s). Looks like he still has the magic as there was quite a crowd outside to meet his arriving limo.

Have fun

4. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot, @Kisby and @Camp Rusty . When you get in your early 60's your mind remember things different she can't see David but she will see Donnie.

5. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Vegas last month to see Donnie and Marie, I saw them last year. This year I was going with my brother and the l;last time he had tickets Donnie didn't show. Guess what, this time the entire show was cancelled. Previously I saw Marie tin AC and Donnie didn't show there either. When I did see the show, it was great and yes so was Donnie as was Marie. I hope you get to see them.

6. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just go ahead and jump it will be less painful :bang::bang:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick Donnie Osmond story...

10 years or so I ran into him at a big shoe store at the outlets in VEgas. He was there with his son, who was looking for shoes.

I didn't talk to him, but was near them for about 10 minutes. Seeing his interactions with his son was one of the nicest things I've ever witnessed. He seemed like a great dad and a great person.

I've never really been a fan and have never seen their show, but I was so shocked by how down to earth he seemed that it stuck with me. How many stars would even take the time to go with their teenage son to by shoes at the mall? He was enjoying the important small things he should be.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine does Marie's makeup so he got me tickets to their show so my husband could see her. I'm not a fan and was probably the youngest person there but to my surprise it was a very entertaining show. They are both great performers. We also got to go backstage and meet Marie. You would never know seeing them on stage together but Donnie and Marie do not get along at all.

9. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All Las Vegas shows are exactly 90 minutes long, so just practice...eighty-nine...eighty-eight...

10. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and I saw the show 6 years ago or so and really enjoyed it. They sing together and they each sing separately. We really had a good time. We also went to see him at the Orleans 10 years ago, very fun show.

Happy birthday to me!
  11. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Donnie no show happened to a few years ago. I got to the Tix Tonite line about 45 minutes before the sale started at 10 AM, got the tickets. About 2 hours later I get a call the Donnie wasn't going to show that night. I Then had to go back to the ticket place to get the refund . You can't tell me Donnie didn't know before they started selling tickets that he wasn't gonna be there that night, completely turned me off and I have no interest now of wasting my time again trying to get tickets.

12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was not a Donny and Marie fan growing up but a few years ago I went to the show and I was really surprised. It was FANTASTIC. They are truly very talented IMO. After all, they have been at this FIVE decades and were supposed to be at Flamingo I think a few months. They've been there 10 years.

I started Nutrisystem in early September and by the time of my November trip I had lost 17 pounds. I went to the D&M show solo and splurged for the meet and greet. It was THE highlight of my trip. The show was great and both of them were so genuine at the meet and greet. I have great photos with both of them, including one where Marie is holding my arm up in the air as she is yelling to the others in the meet and greet that I had lost 17 pounds. I even bought at Marie CD with some current songs on it.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when my mom and I were in Vegas and I took my mom to the show. She loved it and was kind of surprised at how much she did. Did the meet and greet again and have a truly priceless 5 x 7 of Marie hugging my mom cheek to cheek.

Their voices are still great and they dance their asses off and are funny too.

I have to confess I still find it a bit amusing HOW MUCH I liked the show. Regardless of musical taste, I believe you will enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not care for it and am still frankly still in shock that they play vegas of all places. That said, I have never heard someone say they did not like the show. Seems just about everyone likes it.

14. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it on an 'offer' from CET. I didn't even want to go to the show. No interest in it at all, even though they were popular when I was growing up. I was trying to find someone to give the 2nd ticket to and not having any luck. I gave it to the security guard and told him if he saw someone pausing to gawk when people were entering to give them the ticket. About 15 minutes later a lady well into her 80's (with more energy than I normally have) bops down and was checking the seat numbers (I was at one of the 6 tops just below the stage). She was the recipient of the ticket. She asked me right away if I was the sweetheart who provided the ticket. I confirmed and she was ecstatic. Her brother & sister in law were in the balcony. They had pre-purchased tickets and I believe she joined them on the trip at the last minute. They went to the box office and tried to get her a ticket and either none available or only highest price left (don't remember). So she decided to skip it. Well there she was now - front row. She hops up and starts waving to her siblings in the balcony. And she got the biggest hoot that her premium ticket cost her zero. Her family had lived on the same street as the Osmond family when the kids were growing up so getting to see the show she said was extra special.

And enough rambling. Even though I did not want to go, the show was fantastic. I enjoyed every minute of it and would happily go again. My only disappointment was that I knew during the show that Donnie & Marie evidently don't get along. So I felt like that knowledge put a damper on my enjoyment. But they certainly never let it show to the audience. One of my FB friends went a short time ago and also enjoyed the show immensely.

Easter again..:
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jgates, what a nice thing you did for that lady. Sounds like a great experience for her. Isn't it amazing that when you do something nice for someone, you get as much as you give!

16. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all , I guess I have one leg in the window, but still straddling. It is only 90 minutes and for my wife to relive her youth in her mind it's worth. it's weight in gold. Have good seats so will enjoy the show and if I don't I will say I did anyway............Rick

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that was a very nice thing you did for her it probably was the highlight of her trip, too bad you didn't get her name, my wife grew up on the same street as the osmonds childhood home as well, my wife probably knows the lady and her family.

• Love Love x 1
  18. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can see why you'd be pissed, but of course something could have happened that caused him to cancel after the tickets went on sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.