1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by charlestfuller, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlestfuller

charlestfuller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden State +135 to win the Finals right now....seems like a good bet. Anybody else seeing anything promising yet since the matchups just opened?

2. Bonzai

Bonzai Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last July I placed a bet in Vegas on the Celtics to win it all (this was right before they signed Hayward and before Kyrie was even a thought). Bet with my heart as I am a diehard Celts fan. However, I am realistic now and don't see them getting any further than the Eastern Conf finals, and this would even be an accomplishment with their current roster. I just hope that the finals are any 2 teams other than the Warriors and Cavaliers - :snore::snore::snore:

3. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the longshot/value side, I like the Sixers. They're the three seed, so if they get past the first round, they're going to get either Milwaukee or an Irving-less Celtics team in the second round. They should be in the drivers seat until the Eastern Finals. If they can knock off Toronto/Cleveland/Indy, they're in the finals and you can hedge out some profit or let it ride. Whoever comes out of the West is going to be pretty beat up as there are no pushovers in the West. That gives whoever comes out of the East a punchers chance. Sixers are playing good basketball right now (16 in a row). I've got them at 40/1 from a few weeks back. I don't like the Warriors. Curry is out, the rest of the team is pretty beat up, and they have a murderers row to even get to the finals. At that short of odds, I'll pass...

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warriors fan since '74 here... my heart's with them!
    As well as a few dollars...

This is exactly why I'm worried! The Warriors have looked awful down the stretch and I'm not sure any team can just "turn it on" on command. The Rockets have looked incredible, but regular season wins is a whole lot different than 7-game series playoffs. Can they keep it up?

5. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Warriors have been on cruise control for three weeks once it became clear they weren't getting The #1 seed. Let's not forget this same tean went 16-1 (?) In playoffs last year and their biggest challenge is Hardin/Paul neither of which have accomplished much in postseason

6. charlestfuller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curry should be back in soon, and they shouldn't need him the first round against the Spurs (minus Kawhi Leonard). As far as the most appealing matchup for an upset in each conference, I'm thinking Bucks over Celtics or Pelicans over Blazers.

7. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair a bucks series win over Boston without kyrie is prob not a huge upset, the West is so even from 3-8 nothing would surprise me

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matthew

Matthew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Series Prices from Westgate:

San Antonio +900
    Golden State -1,600

Washington +500
    Toronto -700

Miami +400
    Philadelphia -550

New Orleans +160
    Portland -190

Milwaukee +125
    Boston -145

Indiana +500
    Cleveland -700

Utah +125
    Oklahoma City -145

Minnesota +1,400
    Houston -4,000

9. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warrior Fan from the Rick Barry years.

No team has ever won the NBA finals without winning at least 11 of their last 20. Warriors have won 10. No team has ever won 16 straight going into the playoffs. Like the 6ers. I predict a long road but Golden State beats the 76s in Finals Game 7. As long as Curry comes back...and no one else gets hurt.

10. charlestfuller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised Utah is +125...I would expect them to be closer to +105/110. I took Cleveland +125 to win the East.

11. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I think reason why is they don't think they match up with OKC that well. Too bad they couldn't have gotten the No. 3 seed.
    What a story the way Utah came on last part of the year.

12. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Despite being from Ohio, I’m not a Cavs/Lebron guy. That said, I think they’ll blitz through the East pretty easily again. 3 years ago Atlanta, last year Boston, and this year Toronto have had great regular seasons then been summarily waxed by Lebron. Going back to his Miami days, Indiana did the same thing.

West should be interesting. If GSW is healthy they should be tough to overcome despite their disjointed season. If I had to pick a couple of dogs to win a series I’d probably go with Utah then NOLA.

13. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the 76ers are able to get Embiid and Redick back where they left off, I would tend to agree.

14. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The easiest money you'll win in Round 1 is taking the Celtics -145 in the series.

The Bucks are the worst organization in the NBA and have fumbled, stumbled, swung and missed for 29 out of the last 30 years. They're the Cleveland Browns of basketball.

They're the worst coached team in the league despite having a talent level in he Top 12.

They don't run an offense. They isolate Giannis...then iso Middleton....then iso Bledsoe. Shoot and miss on those three possessions.

They absolutely refuse to defend the 3 Point line, which is relatively important in the league these days.

Bottom line is there is ZERO chance Brad Stevens is losing to Joe Prunty. It doesn't matter who he does or doesn't have.

I would love to see Brad Stevens coach the Bucks. They'd win 60 games.

Good luck y'all.

15. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Minnesota Timberwolves (47-35)">No. 1 Houston Rockets (65-17) vs. No. 8 Minnesota Timberwolves (47-35) 5 games Rockets

San Antonio Spurs (47-35)">No. 2 Golden State Warriors (58-24) vs. No. 7 San Antonio Spurs (47-35) I'll watch this series and think GS in 6 close games.
    No. 3 Portland Trail Blazers (49-33) vs. No. 6 New Orleans Pelicans (48-34) Another series to watch and this will be very hard fought and physical and 7 games and I'm not sure who wins.
    No. 4 Oklahoma City Thunder (48-34) vs. No. 5 Utah Jazz (48-34) 6 or 7 games and I kind of like Utah.
    No. 4 Cleveland Cavaliers (50-32) vs. No. 5 Indiana Pacers (48-34) Man, it could be done in 4 or go to 7. Don't sell the Pacers short.

16. charlestfuller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if I agree with that being the easiest money. Remember last year the Celtics were down 0-2 to the Bulls when Rondo went down? Celtics are a great regular season team that could be vulnerable here. I would say easiest money is betting on Cleveland, and I'm from Indiana. Pacers couldn't even take down Lebron back when Indiana had a solid team (George, Granger, etc).

17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better check because Indiana are better then last year.

18. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree. It's tough having the Bucks as "Your team"

19. charlestfuller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Milwaukee +155 and New Orleans +205 for Game 1....tempting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.