1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ear Plugs for concerts?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe six months ago somebody posted a glowing recommendation for ear plugs to use at a concert. I thought I saved the post for future reference, but now I can't locate it.

Who has recommendations?

2. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheap but effective ear plugs are sold at Walmart...hardware and/or sporting goods. Used to work there...sold them to concert goers regularly.

3. Reom_76

Reom_76 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't recall the post you're referencing but I bought some Hearos off Amazon (the rock and roll variant) to use during a Foo Fighters concert and they worked great. Comfortable for the three hour show, music still sounded good and no ear ringing the next day. Not bad for like $6.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will give a hearty second to Hearos........haven’t used the music specific units but I use the regular blues for chainsaw work and mowing, they are well engineered.

5. Yon*sei

Yon*sei Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you use ear planes for flights? I hang on to them for use when i just want to muffle the noise. They work good for fire alarm testing that they did last month in our building. It was a very "alarming" three days.

6. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a friend who has a very good company that specializes in earplugs. I use them regularly for the last 10 years. She also sells to musicians,
    http://earlove.net

7. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wear foam ear plugs to bed every night. It is a habit. 20 years now. Best way to sleep. S.O. has hearing loss, snores, gets up at 4:30 slams cabinets, doors, etc. He is in total denial of hearing loss. So I take the hit. Now it is such a habit. I wear earplugs on the plane to Vegas. I am not antisocial, I have 1+ friends give or take. I just do not enjoy the 3.5 hour containment in a tiny seat.

8. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I put cotton in my ears for years when I rehearsed nightly
    w/ my RnR band.
    Actual earplugs kinda disgust me......eeeuw.

9. robbie02

robbie02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wear https://getdubs.com all the time. I use them for things like concerts, amusement parks, Fremont street, etc. I find that the let in soft sounds, like normal conversation, but block the loud sounds pretty effectively.

10. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely bring foam earplugs in my pocket every trip. I use them for the flight, street bands, at the D and GG, and anywhere else it doesn't need to be quite that loud. Also loud yelling drunk people behind me on the bus.

11. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a pair of V-moda Faders. Work great and reduce volume evenly across the frequency range, so vocals and instruments aren't muffled, but you don't leave the concert with ringing ears. Cut about 10db instead of 20+ db for usual foam earplugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had researched all sort of DJ and music earplugs, but ended up using Mack's Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs (4 Pack) for the last year whenever I go to a club. They mold well, can be tossed after a few uses and don’t require anything shoved into the earcanal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.