1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget resort fees and comped room

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by domeboy, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to get three nights comped at GN because of some play there on my last trip. I have never stayed there, so I am a little leery because my room is in the Carson Tower. But, they told me it would be a remodeled room, so hopefully that makes a difference. For the part of my stay that is comped, I was told I would not pay a resort fee, but of course my confirmation email doesn't confirm pricing at all (hate when that happens).

Should I be concerned about the remodeled Carson Tower rooms? Will they try and charge me a resort fee for the comped nights? If not, will I have to pay a fee for wifi?

Also, how do we get three people into the pool with just two key cards? Should I put all three names on the registration?

2. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the pool just ask for 2 keys per person at check in and you're good to go.

3. bonnie08734

bonnie08734 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some comped rooms have a resort fee and some do not. The first time I had comped rooms at the nugget they charged me a resort fee. I guess I played enough because I was never charged again. I was told when I made the reservation that there would be a resort fee so I did know in advance. The next time when I called for 3 nights comped they didn't mention a resort fee so I asked and was told that there was no resort fee with that comp. I was never charged again and you will be able to use the wifi without charge as well.

The renovated Carson tower rooms are ok but I always stay in the gold tower pool view room. I just like the location better and it's a very quiet room. I was charged $20 a night upgrade fee last year at check in. But for my next trip in may they comped the gold tower pool view.

4. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seriously do not mind Carson tower at all. I find the rooms spacious and clean. In January I stayed in a Gold tower room and had issues with the shower/tub....the faucet and shower head were located behind nonsliding glass, so I was always getting wet when turning it on.
    I have not been charged the resort fee with comped rooms.

5. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not stayed in a renovated Carson tower room, but have heard they are very nice.

6. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all your replies. I am starting to feel more comfortable with the resort already. I am still not happy that almost half most overall room cost is for a Saturday Night when I won't be arriving until at least 10 pm. But, my alternative is to stay in a comped Total Rewards room on the strip for that night. But, I really want to experience fremont on the weekend, and memorial day weekend sounds like a great time to try it out. In reality, the extra cost is just a couple hundred I would probably just throw into a slot machine sometime during the trip. I always stress about saving a couple bucks before I go, and when I get to Vegas money seems to flow out of my wallet....not sure if that is good or bad....lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.